Picking up ny new 03 EXC Wednesday

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Well, I made a deposit on an '03 250 EXC and I'll pick her up on Wednesday so I've left the green cabbage patch and hopped into the Pumpkin patch. Looks like I'll be sporting the KTM at dirtweek instead of my KDX. I'm pretty excited about the bike because I've always wanted a great bike but couldn't afford one when I raced so now that I just play ride I decided to get one anyway. I'm buying it from Alan Randt-Lansing Cycle so these guys will set it up right with everything I need on it. Packed full of Enduro Engineering goodies! ;)

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
Congratulations Fred! There's nothing like getting a new toy to play with. We don't really grow up, our toys just get more expensive!

Now you didn't get this just to fit in better with the KTM ladies at DW now, did you? ;) I'd think you'd win them over with your burgers anyway... KTM or no KTM.

I know you'll be all giddy and excited about your new baby, but have you thought about selling your KDX outright, or parting it out? I may be interested in some of the parts.

Enjoy the ride!!!

P.S. I'm not that familar with the EXC series, what's are some of the specs? Is it a 2 or 4 stroke?

- Bill

Last edited:

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Congratulations! I love my 400 .....
Now what is this about KTM ladies?

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Bill
I've got a perspective buyer for my KDX, with all the goodies on it. He was thinking of doing his suspension but he can sell his KDX and buy mine for a much smaller price difference than having the suspension done plus I got a few goodies in mine that he don't have like the RB carb and reeds. He's working on selling his bike right now. If his deal falls through thats the route I going to take toi see if a fellow KDX'er wants to buy my bike all tricked out and they can sell theirs and probably save them selves some work and money.

fatty_k

~SPONSOR~
Jul 3, 2001
Thats cool Fred, but Im sad to see you leave the KDX. :ugg:

Put me on the list for some of your KDX parts if you decide to go that way!

Good luck with your new ride, it sounds awesome!

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Congrats Fred! Welcoime to the Pumpkin Patch.

I wonder how Jeff Allen is going to feel being the only non-pumpkin in our caravan to DW '02. I sure hope you do not get hurt on it and give the KTM ladies something to talk about.

B

biglou

F.A.S.-Man, that was harsh! But I didn't think of that. He's right, though, Fred. That is a big matsa-ball hangin' out there if you wing yourself! :D Just kidding around, you'll do fine. These are great bikes and you got the one with the wide-ratio tranny. That's the ticket for the woods. :cool:

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Well, I suppose congratulations are in order! Fred, I look forward to a complete back to back comparison of the 2 bikes. Enjoy. :cool:

I am starting to see how this happens. I have been having some covetous thoughts about the GG EC250... :eek: Could boy wonder be ready to move up to a KDX by next summer? :think:

greeneb

Jan 15, 2000
Fred T, keep me/us informed if you pick your bike up on Wednesday. I am also on the list for an 03 250E (2S) and can't wait to get mine. Best my dealer can tell me is before 9/1... I sure hope it's lots sooner!!!! :)

EG

2smoke

Sep 21, 2001
Fred......a KTM.......and a 2 smoke........I love youse all!!! Im too happy to speak further............smoke em up!!!!!!!!!! Rock some four bangers in da head for me!!!!

rickshaw

Sponsoring Member
Sep 24, 2000
FredT, you da man!!! congrats on the joining the patch. Don't let this guy fool ya, he's faster today at my age than when he was racin' back in the day ;)

When are we going riding?

Rickshaw

jc220

Nov 7, 2001
I bought an 02 250 EXC 5 months ago. And I too went to it from a KDX 220. I will never ride a KDX again. Don't get me wrong, they are good bikes but there is no comparison. You will love the 250. Its got more power than your 220 but just as smooth.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
She's going to be my baby with all kinds of Enduro Engineering goodies attached and some trick 18MM off set tripleclamps so she turns on a dime in the tight stuff. (AKA Lafferty's preference - but I'm not even in the same world as he is at riding skills - but hey it's my baby!) The forks are massive!Michelin tires too! I'm pissin' in my pants waiting for Wednesday. Can you tell??? :aj: :aj:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by rickshaw
FredT, you da man!!! congrats on the joining the patch. Don't let this guy fool ya, he's faster today at my age than when he was racin' back in the day ;)

When are we going riding?

Rickshaw

Rick
Pencil in Sat Aug 24th at Lansing Motorcycle Clubgrounds. (Moorsetown)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Mike
ETA at Lansing Cycle is about 2 PM. Napper has the new baby just about ready! Lets just say it's going to be a just about virtual Enduro Engineering Show bike. All I gotta do is cut the seat foam down, add the Fast Freddy hand guards and ride it.

michman

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 7, 2000
Ah Fred, I will be getting to work early Wed. to get your new baby ready at this time no one has even sent there eyes on your baby yet. i promise she will be ready by 2:00 pm.

Napper

greeneb

Jan 15, 2000
Fred T, is this 250 one from a normal shipment or one that Mr. Randt got by some favor from KTM. Reason I ask..... this is the first 250 I have heard of in the U.S. Wonder if there are more around... like at H&H near Atlanta.... :) :)

Thanks,
EG

Last edited:

fishhead

die you sycophant !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 22, 2000
Congrats and welcome to Club Orange, Fred!

Rumored to be the nicest bunch of eurotrash motorheads you'll ever meet. ;)

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by greeneb
Fred T, is this 250 one from a normal shipment or one that Mr. Randt got by some favor from KTM. Reason I ask..... this is the first 250 I have heard of in the U.S. Wonder if there are more around... like at H&H near Atlanta.... :) :)

Thanks,
EG

I don't know. I told them I wanted one and to call me when they got one. They called me and I bought it. How they get them is none of my business. Thats all I know about it. Call them because I think they might have another one and you can get it shipped maybe if there isn't a deposit on it already. Or call H & H.
http://www.lansingcycle.com/

Last edited:

greeneb

Jan 15, 2000
Thanks Fred, I have a deposit on one at H&H, so I am trying to figure out when it might come in. I just sold my 99 250E and have been about to go crazy waiting on the new one!!! :)

Look forward to a ride report from ya!!!!!! :)

EG

Top Bottom