Picking up ny new 03 EXC Wednesday

Speedway

Jan 23, 2002
FredT,
Welcome to the Orange, you will love the KTM, I have a 02' model, it is the best bike I have owned. Tell us your thoughts after the first ride, and how it does at the famed Red Bud track and trails! ;)

fatherandson

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 3, 2001
Fred,
When I left the shop tonight the "package" had been moved from the warehouse to the shop, but was still wrapped up tight. I left some graffetti on the cardboard. I am going to try to stop by the shop tomorrow before 5:00 with some more photos from the National enduro.
MM

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I'll see ya there Mike, I'll be grinnin from ear to ear by then.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
I've posted my ride report in the KDX forum because those guys wanted my opinion comparing the 2 bikes. II'd post it here but your not supposed to cross post in several forums. If you are considering a new KTM maybe my report will be helpful but I cannot compare it to previous models because this is my first KTM. I rode a KDX before this.

triplephatmx

Jun 5, 2001
Hey Fred! Long time no talk (TF2 - me and Iceman)! I am floored...You turned orange! Way to go! And congrats on the new steed!! I am looking hard at the new 450 to replace my 400........Ya' happen to know anyone interested in a very nice used 400 EXC?!?!? ;)

triplephatmx

Jun 5, 2001
Uhhh yeah! So they had a problem on a select few bikes (3 to be exact). KTM builds a quality product and they stand behind it. The tripleclamp thing does not bother me in the least. Now if I were selling the bike and had nothing to ride until they "fixed" the problem, then it would be tough. But, as you can see, I already have a KaTooM and love it! I spoke to "a friend" that just got back from the KTM dealer show and he was able to shed a lot of light on the whole thing, so that probably helps boost my confidence even further. I certainly would not choose to not purchase the bike because of this issue. Just my .02! Thanks for pointing it out though. There are many who are yet unaware and it may affect their decision.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
3fat
We're riding this Sat at Moorsetown at the clubgrounds where we started the Trailfest last Oct. in case you're interested. 9 AM.
FT

old#48

Jun 17, 2002
Good move, cannot quite figure out why anyone would want a 4-stroke for the dirt (this is just my probably warped opinion, but I grew up on 2-strokes). When seeing it takes a 250 4-stroke to run in the 125 2-stroke class, that should tell ya something.

In my opinion, you will find that the 250EXC is one stump puller of a 2-stroke and as good a hill climber as any 450 4-stroke and the best thing of all - it ain't a tank.

Last edited:
Top Bottom