HemiR1

Jul 9, 2006
hello all i'm new to the site here. back to the dirt after long hiatus. been on the street for a couple years. dirt bike-93 KX 250. last bike was 89 KX 80 big wheel back in 94. i missed the 2 strokes bad. had to get back into it. anyway my problem is that just after the powerband hits there is a hole for a sec then it comes back on but not hard like it should. really there shouldn't be a hole there at all. i want a powerband hit that i can rap out. i basically have to shift early to keep the power on. would you guys consider this to be worn out reeds?? anyhow, anything helps. i do plan a top end rebuild as well as replacing all gaskets. because of a little fluid leakage. thanks for the help all.

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
yeah i would check your reeds and i would also check your jetting, maybe your 1/2 to 3/4 throttle position is off. not sure. also i would check to make sure your stator plate hasn't shifted, which would change your timing.

HemiR1

Jul 9, 2006
bike starts first kick..btw...i have to rev it to the moon when i first start it up to get the crap cleared out, or it will eat a plug. the idle screw doesn't seem to do anything at all either. any comments? as far as the reeds go, you can see daylight where they meet on top and bottom. does that mean they are worn out? cleaned the carb but didn't readjust the jets..should I? I don't know how far the air screw is out but i have adjusted it so that the plug doesn't seem too carboned up. still a little dark though.about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle position being off, how would i check that?....thanks wornknobby oh yeah i adjusted the throttle at the bars to get some kind of idle because of idle screw not working, does that have effect? wouldn't idle at all before.

xcracer72

Uhhh...
May 28, 2006
jetting. sounds like its gasping for fuel or perhaps air. adjust you mixture screw first if that doesn't work you may want to fool with the jetting (nothing drastic)

Top Bottom