MJ27

~SPONSOR~
Feb 28, 2002
I think I saw something on here before about riding in Silverwood, but I did a search and came up empty. I'm wondering what the deal is. I think you need an adventure pass, right? Where do you get one? How much is it? Are there designated parking areas? Spark arrestor requirements? Anything else I should be aware of before I go?

Thanks a bunch!

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Adventure pass..... $5 for a day pass or $30 for annual. You can find that at most gas stations or mini marts close to the riding areas.

A couple of the areas I know are Cleghorn Rd. Highway 15, 1 exit before hwy 138. You park at the base of the freeway and ride towards the west side of Silverwood.

The other area is Pilot Rock Rd. Its on the east side of silverwood. Not sure of the directions but its near a campground on the east side. This route will take you along fireroads near silverwood.

Sorry I dont have anymore info for you. I can drive to all these places but I dont know enough of the names to give directions.

I will look for some maps when I get home.

socalwr

Jun 26, 2001
you can stage at miller canyon which is on the south east side of the lake, i think. if your are heading up the 138 toward silverwood you will pass the Hesperia turnoff, go past the launching ramps, and then a few miles on your left hand side is the turn off to miller canyon. right after you make the left, turn right down the dirt road and you will see a clearing on your left where you can stage. i would stop at the ranger station, they have maps of the area with most of the major trails. from there it is about a 20 mile ride to deep creek through the single track trails. continue on past deep creek to crab flats or hit up the malcolm smith trail.

Top Bottom