SPOILER - Las Vegas & AMA Championship

Mxrider26x

Apr 29, 2006
whatever who cares i thot he rode great and even though he didnt win that was a great race so im sure he was dissapointed but he was just happy with himself and he diserved to be his best lap time was very close to jbs. also, who cares about ivan to be honest he wont ever be up there im sorry but next year wey will be good on the factory bike and beat tedesco. also langton and even millsaps

MX-727

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 4, 2000
HiG4s said:
Hmmm, seems like a lot of DVRs stopped recording.. Wonder if they have some way to shut DVRs off on live events when they want to?

The race ran long. If you didn't set your DVR to record an extra portion or the following show, you didn't get it. Kind of sucks when that happens to you. :(

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
TheGrinch said:
I haven't seen or heard the broadcast. What did CR say on the podium & in the press conference?
I sure can't quote him, but the podium speach was good, ie; I tried my best, got third, congrats to the others, etc. No excuses (he didn't even say "no excuses" lol), no whinning. In the press conference he said Ivan was in his way, RC's team mate, etc.

dirtrocks

Jul 7, 2005
congrats to rc, is there any web sites that have video of the lites and/or premier class? and what is the lites point standings. now only if alessi would win a race

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
What would have been a good race is for Reed to have gotten the holeshot with RC in 3rd and JBS in 7th. Then we'd have seen some racin'.

Yes. Racing.....and the same result. ;)

BTW, take note. Irrationally fast take 1st,2nd. Consistency takes 3rd. lol.

Micahdawg

Feb 2, 2001
Windham waived him by.....well....it seemed like it took an ETERNITY for Reed to get by Windham before getting waived by. I hate when that happens.

I couldn't believe how flawless JBS and RC rode. If RC only bobbled once Reed could have been right on his heels, but there were no opportunities to capitalize on. I thought the pressure would have cause a few more mistakes, but aside from Reed making a couple mistakes all 3 rode very well.

Did anyone see what happened to tedesco? I never caught a replay....just a bunch of guys dragging him out from UNDER some boxes.

Micah

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
Okiewan said:
I sure can't quote him, but the podium speach was good, ie; I tried my best, got third, congrats to the others, etc. No excuses (he didn't even say "no excuses" lol), no whinning. In the press conference he said Ivan was in his way, RC's team mate, etc.
He said that he rode good, closed the gap and was proud to be the 3rd best rider in the world. :yeehaw: :ride:3rd.

Last edited:

*KISSofDEATH*

Mi. Trail Riders
Mar 1, 2006
Ya JS has been so fast all year congrats to him an RC. Short put on a good race for Millsaps and Alessi.:cool:

My DVR diddn't record it all either, and I tried to record on sunday and it got it all.

Can't wait for the outdoors!

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
*KISSofDEATH* said:
Ya JS has been so fast all year congrats to him an RC. Short put on a good race for Millsaps and Alessi.:cool:

My DVR diddn't record it all either, and I tried to record on sunday and it got it all.

Can't wait for the outdoors!
I always extend my DVR recording to the next broadcast recording in case of time constraint and that's why i didn't miss any of it.

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
They're showing the whole 3.5 hour race again this week as well as a condensed version of the 450 class in 1 hour. I can't believe the whole live racing took 4 hours!! I had people over who don't follow the sport but i hyped it up so much that they came over to watch it. They were pretty spent after the whole thing was over. There was almost a full half-hour of show that had no racing at all!! If I saw one more Toyota commercial I was gonna scream. Two different tundra ads and two different Tacoma ads (old ones to boot) were repeated about a dozen times. Despite the aforementioned I thought it was a great broadcast.

Ryan

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Okiewan said:
Do you mean he wasn't fast enough or that K-Dub intentionally held him up?

He means Kevin's a chump. :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
probably had a million dollar bonus in his contract for the SXGP title, as probably did RC for the real SX title

pace

Nov 21, 2003
TheGrinch said:
I haven't seen or heard the broadcast. What did CR say on the podium & in the press conference?

Paraphrasing, he said "I just wish I had a team mate like Ricky does to mess with people". I don't know if he was speaking in the context of the whole season or just 'Vegas. Tedesco didn't put up any kind of fight in the main when Chad came up on him, and that comment resulted in a bunch of people near us in the stands invoking the Whaaaaambulance.

Fastest guy through the whoops all 'night looked to be Millsaps, although Short was actually pulling away from him when he went down. Alessi's pass on Josh Grant was clean, if aggressive. Grant's attempted retaliation a few corners later sent himself off the track with no contact from Alessi, yet the crowd actually boo'ed Alessi on the podium. :coocoo:

Chad was making up most of his time on Ricky in the whoops, but conversely both RC and JS had a better rhythm through the end-zone timing section - both of them tripling out all night versus CR's double-single. Tedesco took a long time to nail the quad in practice, and never seemed entirely comfortable with the jump - at times electing to triple it. I don't know if they showed it on the tube, but the quad finally bit him. It was a pretty scary fall.

Mxrider26x

Apr 29, 2006
haha yeah but whatever they all rode great cr was i believe a lil better than rc but this was like the only race all season and he did get screwed by a few lappers but i do think tedescco is a chump wey is so much better than him

SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Tedesco is a hard worker. If Reed is so much better than Tedesco then he shouldn't have a problem getting around him. They're all out there racing in the same class, so maybe Reed should quit whining and realize that everyone is out there RACING.

Congrats to RC for pulling through for the championship. He earned it.

yota

Oct 9, 2001
Every time someone brings up the fuel thing it occurs to me that when Chad and James got busted they were riding 2 strokes. When Ricky got busted he was riding a 4 stroke. If lead additives give any benefit it's to the 2 strokes, not the 4 strokes. 'IF' Chad and James teams did cheat it was to get an advantage for the 2 stroke. 'IF' Ricky's team cheated it would give them no advantage. I'm not saying nor do I believe that any of the 3 cases was intentional. The amounts of lead detected were too small to be of any benefit.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
How much gain is there with current 2 strokes with higher lead versus current 4 stokes? Is this a rule for performance more than polution, or vice versa?

YamaB

Apr 2, 2004
Kudos to speed for an awesome night of live coverage... The races weren't all that, but the fact that the points were so close made it exciting... I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see if RC or JBS would screw up and give Reed a chance...

I was VERY disappointed in the lites that Vilipono and Milsaps both crashed, and Langston wasn't able to race at all... Would have been an awesome race between Short and the 3 of them otherwise...

HiG4s

~SPONSOR~
Mar 7, 2001
yota said:
Every time someone brings up the fuel thing it occurs to me that when Chad and James got busted they were riding 2 strokes. When Ricky got busted he was riding a 4 stroke. If lead additives give any benefit it's to the 2 strokes, not the 4 strokes. 'IF' Chad and James teams did cheat it was to get an advantage for the 2 stroke. 'IF' Ricky's team cheated it would give them no advantage. I'm not saying nor do I believe that any of the 3 cases was intentional. The amounts of lead detected were too small to be of any benefit.

That is right the amount was too small. It is obvious there was no intent to cheat, but with Bubba and CR the penalty stood, but the AMA gave RCs back. Personally I think they should have given back the previous years points and correct the official standings. It wouldn't change who won the title in either case.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom