bishop_d

Oct 12, 2001
Wow, that was one of the funnest TWMC courses I've ridden. I think they did a great job of putting on a fun course with speeds that were fun and challanging, without killing anyone. Sure is nice to go home after an event, and not have a torn up bike from bashing rocks!

I'm not sure about that first check being so far off, but the rules state that they can be off a full tenth of a mile, so I guess it was legit game playing. Kept me on my toes thinking hard about the check locations the rest of the course, and seperated the scores a little. Almost everyone I talked to was in their minute, but had at least 30 seconds on tie breakers. I hope we continue to have events like this one!

What did everyone else think about this event. I would love the feedback to consider for the May event that I co-trailboss.

Did everyone get to see our D-37 #1 Enduro Club trophy? I tried to get Stoner to give me shared custody of it, since I was VP last year, but he wasn't going for it. Hopefully he'll bring it out to the next event so everyone can get a glimps of it at the club meeting.

deano...
V7x D-37 Enduro
TWMC #1 again

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
The course was fun ... and all the chop kept it challenging. I found myself playing catch up a few times ... twice after throwing it away. The speeds weren't that fast but I did ride hard to stay on time.

What were the Amateur results like ? I couldn't stick around. Did you take the top podium spot ?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
wanted to be there

should have been there

planned on being there

wish i were there

Broke my top triple clamp so i couldnt make it.

I think this whole enduro thing is against me

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I think you summed it up pretty good Dean, challanging, fun and I didn't destroy my bike. Hovever I did manage to program my computer wrong. It didn't alert me to when the possiables were so I burned one check. I should have know better and slowed down rather that trying to ride at the top of my minute. Oh well. live and learn. Here is the funny part. I was the only person on my row that was keeping time, the rest were riding off of me, I finished in 23rd place and everyone else on my minute finished better than I did. Go figure......................

No, I have not seen the #1 club trophy. Hell, I didn't even know that we won it. Get him to bring it to the next outing so we can all get a look at it.

If you need help with the May event let me know. I think I'm free the two previous weekends.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
It was a great ride :thumb:

I liked the course the most challengeing was going slow enough on the first lap. We kept getting way ahead of our time. I find it hard to ride slower than I already do, you seem to hit everything instead of float over it. :laugh:

Eel thanks for the brews chili and bread.

Thumbs thanks for leading the way. Otherwise I definately would've burned all the checks the first lap.

bishop_d

Oct 12, 2001
Eel, I didn't stick around for the results either. Felt like I had a good ride. I kept it on two wheels all day, which really helps in the fatigue department. Amazing how much energy it takes to pick that bike up after even the smallest get off. There were a lot of people in the Ama class though, just gonna have to wait and see.

Thumbs, Tim Stonner and I do the May event a little different. We are both blessed with plenty of time off, so we're going to head out the Sunday before the event and and lay the whole course out during the week. We did this last year and it worked out great. It's actually easier than making several trips out if you can get the time off. We hope to be done by Wednesday night, then we can just play ride and do some third loop Ghost Rider scouting.

I think the Distirct Trophy (or results) didn't arive back at camp until about 10PM Saturday night after the awards ceremony. The Knights went and picked up all the trophys for the club members. Since there wasn't a riders meeting Sunday morning, there wasn't any chance to show it off.

deano...

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
Shhooottt ! I crossed up my posts ... nice ride Dean

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Dang, is it Thursday already?

Let me start off by throwing out an excuse – I ate sushi (real sushi) the evening before the Enduro. One should never eat strange food the night before a race.

I lost 3 minutes because I was too dang slow (but safe) and another 3 for poor time keeping (so I basically sucked). Sometimes my timekeeping equipment works against me – near the end of the first loop, I looked down at the computer and saw that I was a bit behind, and then looked up just in time to see that I was about to hit a boulder. I didn’t crash, but I decided to pin it and not look again until the next check. When I arrived at the check (riding like a madman), I could see the scorekeepers chuckling. I burned.

A “mystery check” was the first one on the third loop. I could see (from about 1/8 mile away) some movement at the top of hill, which appeared to be a check person marking cards. I waited for about a minute, and then proceeded up the hill, thinking that I was on time. When I got the top, the guy said “I aready got you way back there, yuk, yuk” (the stakes were 30 yards down the hill). I think he meant to burn me (exactly to the second) but instead he marked me late (exactly to the second). I don’t think it was either. When scores are marked, it’s supposed to be recorded as it really is, not like some fat, cigar chewing Texas cop trying to fudge the numbers so he can get his quota. ;)

Before someone asks me if want any cheese with my whine, I’ll have to say the TWMC put on a great event, and I’m marking my calendar to ride this one again next year. :thumb:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Results are only partially up. Our class had 30 riders. Only a few are listed. :think:

bishop_d

Oct 12, 2001
Wow, I think a couple of Novies would have taken the Ama class had they rode that last check!

Scar, I think I have a copy of the total result. If you would like to see them, you can Email me at plyswfire@iwon.com and I will forward them to you.

deano

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
No kidding about the Novices .... some awesome rides put in. Plus there was Army of 'em ... nice to see a good turnout.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom