throttle stop for KX65 / making a KX mellower with low range- HEADBANGER

opihiman911

Aug 9, 2003
Bob, you mentioned a little while ago about making a throttle stop for a KX/RM65. Could you help me a little bit more. Where exactly did you put this spacer? Maybe I'm just being a little slow, but I can't picture it.
Also wanted to let you know, I put a 12oz steahly flywheel weight, a boyseen power reed, and a moose torque spacer on the KX65 (cost me $150), and let me tell you it is a little torque monster just like my KDX, it did exactly what I was wanting.
I took it out riding the track to test it and I was doing oval laps 3rd gear, it would pull me, 6' 190#, out of the corners and slog its way right back up to a peppy mid range. I can start the bike in 2nd and it is very resistent to stalling. It did take most of the top away, will bog down and sputter, but thats not a problem now.
Best of all nothing is permenant. I can remove these back to stock as he progress if we want to. Also the guy at stealy said the flywheel weight will work with the other small kx and he can shave down the flywheel to a lighter quicker rev later on for $20.
I have a smaller counter sprocket that will bring it down a little more, but I think I will wait and see.
Now lets just see if I can teach my son to ride it. Got all his gear except the most important, his helmet, and that is on its way. And I do want to put that throttle stopper for my piece of mind.
Will let you know the work in progress.

Aloha and Thanks,
Cory

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You can make a throttle stop from a small piece of metal tube. Basically it just needs to slide over the end of the throttle cable that connects to the carb slide between the top of the slide and the bottom of the cap. You'll need to play with the overall length depending how much throttle you want to have.

opihiman911

Aug 9, 2003
BING!!!!!! :clue: I see it now. I have to look inside the box instead of out. I don't have a metal tube on hand, but I was thinking some thickwall 1/4" gas hose would probally work. Off to give it a try. Thanks for the help.......................Cory

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom