scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
We'll be out there.

The first few lines are

I'm on minute 5, Chris is on minute 4. Any other DRN'ers going? i know eel would be there if he was here. In his honor I'll be sure to break some stuff out there.
Thumbs, Bundy, Eddie, Jeff, Bueller? anyone

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Nope. I was going to give him through tomorrow then call.

Spent yesterday evening putting in a fresh top end :)

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I keep telling you your to fast for the wimpy soft trials tires.

Slow down or run a desert tire.

Better yet don't I need most of my class to DNF in order to have a shot. :) Bummer though you missed the killer toad section. could've used a trials bike in there. It was absolutely the best section of any enduro I've done. It was a challenge to make it through not just to go fast as most D37 enduro's have become.

Here's my quick report.

1st loop sucked. it was well marked but just punishing crappy terrain. Speeds were way too fast, Almost quit after loop one as it just wasn't fun. Decided to go for loop two as i've never quit before.

Loop 2 was way better, much better terrain, speeds were faster but manageable. Again the toads section was awesome.
tight twist turns, sheer rock face climbs, enduro cross type stuff. Lots of carnage. UMC had helpers out there helping bikes over obstacles. Totally cool. :cool:
Through mile 70 i was feeling good. Mile 71 the anchor came out. My body reminded me that I need to ride more- get in better shape if I want to go this far. By mile 75 (4 hrs in) I was dog tired and begging for the end.

I posted my highest- worst score ever, but I didn't expect anything except to finish, which I did. I picked up my winners pin at the end. Again maybe my whole class DNF'd w Chris. We'll see.

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
thumbs said:
Beats peeling wall paper, ripping up carpet and tile.
Tony did you buy a house?

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Sounds brutal but Im sure a good time was still had. I think Im starting to miss riding the enduros.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
scar tissue said:
Tony did you buy a house?

Yes sir. I'll post some pics when I have a chance. Just east of the 55 where it meets with the 22. Between Chapman and 17th. Eight miles from work!

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
thumbs said:
Yes sir. I'll post some pics when I have a chance. Just east of the 55 where it meets with the 22. Between Chapman and 17th. Eight miles from work!

Good move Tony. :cool: Congrats.

I have a house for rent in Lakewood if anyone is looking for a rental.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Some before pictures

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 173
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 173
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 406

2strok4fun

Apr 6, 2002
Wooo, Thumbs is in da house!

Let us know when its all done, then have a wrecking crew poker party! :p ;)

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
2strok4fun said:
Wooo, Thumbs is in da house!

Let us know when its all done, then have a wrecking crew poker party! :p ;)

I m already all in. :)

Congrats Tony thats awesome.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I'm a little late seeing this but better late than never.

TONY - congrats to you and Julie! That's awesome man. Really happy for you two. You need to treat yourself to some riding time with the Crew after all the work you're putting into the house! We were bummed you couldn't make it in December to get together ... Scott and Chris came out and we shared some great beers and entertainment down in Hollyweird. I'll be back again next year so we'll hopefully hook up then.

And yes, I would most certainly have been at UMC! The transition to the riding here in Washington has been tough for me. I suck even more here than I did in So Cal (I guess it's all relative). Last year's season really kicked my ass here and I need to sac up. The new season begins in March so I'll try to post some colorful, action packed reports!

Take it easy guys .. and don't forget that Moab trip April 5th thru 9th. I'm meeting John Gill there to ride for 5 days. The more the merrier. Just putting it out there ...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom