mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
This forum is to quiet, wre supposed to be the socal wreckingcrew!
Lookis like we are the socal sleeping crew.
Lets see some posts in here once in awhile.

Lets talk about my new 400Sx, pick it up on Sat.

bundy

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
:confused: :confused:

I got it at Walts out of Lake Havasu Ariz. for now get this....5250.00 WOW!

So I am not only excited about getting a new ride, bit when you get a good deal, its icing on the cake!

bundy

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Yawwwn. What's all the noise so early in the morning?

Ah, congrats on the new ride Bundy. Needed the extra cc's to haul your big, ahh, self around huh?;)

It looked to me like the piglet was doing a pretty good job of it.

Ol'geezer

Last edited:

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
I dont know, boredom mabe. I always feel the grass is greener you know.
I think the 400 will combine the thing I like best about the 250F, light weight and 4 strk. tractibility with almost as light of weight and more power.
When I was at the Reno ride I felt for the first time I had brought a knife to a gun fight. You know, its okay if you get the jump, but if they know you are coming they will gun you down.
really ther were some really fast guys there and I would dive underneith in a corner and they would power by on the next straight. Also when ever i go to the desert, the little piglet just isnt enough for me. try as it might, my mass and taped out in 5th just dont go together. If I was smaller it probably wouldnt be a problem.

bundy

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
Congrats Bundy. You'll like the KTM. I beat the snot out of my 200 last weekend - 4 pretty good get offs - and not so much as a bent shifter tip. Can't say that about the YZ, although it's a good bike...

:cool:

CPT Jack

~SPONSOR~
Jun 27, 2000
Congrats Darth B.,
One thing I'm curious about, how come you never go with a wide ratio trans?

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Way to go big guy!;)
I think only us slow guys like the wide ratios---all the desert racers prefer to go with the close ratios with taller gearing. I guess that way the bike is always on the pipe!
I prefer the taller ratios for the added fuel range and ridability on the long rides, but you'll be getting that with the thumper motor.
Hurry up and drop it so I can try it!:p

ktmboy

~SPONSOR~
Apr 1, 2001
Brings a tear to my eye whenever I see a new one. I saw a 520 sitting on a trailer the other day all by its lonesome. It's a good thing I'm an honest man, 'cause she was calling me!

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Getting a new/different bike is half the fun of the whole thing (for me, anyway). When I started riding (way back), it was always, "What am I going to ride next year?". It never occured to me that I'd be riding the same bike more than a year. Now, middle aged sensibilities have made me try and stretch a bike out to three years. Getting old sucks.:uh:

I've always wondered what the orange machines were like. Uh...er.. Bundy... I didn't really mean it when I said that you're a serial killer and have bodies buried under your house. :silly:

I think they're buried somewhere else, Ted Bundy.:p

Last edited:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I only get a new bike every 9 years!! :moon:!!!

Congrats!

Now lets ride and bang some bars, of course, that means I'll need to slow down for you:p:p

Elk

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Thanks guys,
Of course everyone gets a turn to ride it, just leave 5 bucks on the tailgate of the black F-250. But we have to all get together sometime . Taking the suspension in tomorrow, so dont know if it will be back for the weekend. I will definatly let you guys know.

Capt, yeah what ktmboy said, really I had a 300 EXC one time and I just never liked the gaps between gears.

Elk, you better slow down and let me pass when i go to lap you!

bundy.

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
I'd love to ride this weekend if anyone's up for it ...

*william*

Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by *william*
I beat the snot out of my 200 last weekend - 4 pretty good get offs - and not so much as a bent shifter tip.

Bah! I lied. Upon closer inspection of my bike this weekend, it seems some nasty rock sheared my shark fin disk protector right off! But, that's an aftermarket part. Guess it did it's job... :eek:

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Ride this weekend is a possibility, where. Saturday is usually better.

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
I want to try that Carona ride. What do you think? I turned on my PM's, now let's see who can abuse it!:)

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
What's the Corona ride ? I'll pretty much go anywhere ... Saturday is just fine .... preferably a trail ride. I get pretty shrimped from anything with jumps ... I do not like jumps. :)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Jumps are fine, it's the landing that hurts. That is unless you have Bundy to land on!

Top Bottom