GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I was just thinking about all the things I've yet to do in life and for a while now, I have had this huge dry-erase board that I hang in my laundry room and every once in a while I add things to it when I'm thinking about it. Things that I wanted to accomplish before life passes me by....

Here are a few things on my "list". I am curious as to what is on yours??

Ice skate at Rockefeller Plaza at X-mas time
Get up close to a great white shark (while in protective shark cage)
Learn French then go to France and talk to people
Get my CMT License
Get published (write what?)
Be an audience member on Emeril Live
Drive across the country
Learn sign language
Bungee Jump (maybe)
Watercolor something worth framing
Live on Maui for about 2 years
Grow flourishing Vegetables/Herb Garden and not forget to water
Attend Live Def Leppard concert
Win big in Vegas, spend lavishly on friends
Send parents on vacation of a lifetime
Climb Half-Dome
Finish reading all of Ernest Hemmingway's books
Understand the History of the Crusades
Throw a dinner party people talk about for years
Visit a real castle that was built hundreds of years ago

I am really quite curious to see what's on your lists! :yeehaw:

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
I used to have a list, and did everything except one thing on it - go to Africa before I turned 30.
Now all I want to do is: go to Aussie (aiming for Easter, meant to be a good ride on) and then to the States (not sure I'll ever make it as my priorities keep changing).
I live for each day and whatever tomorrow brings, well, it'll be something new (except work, that's just monotonous).
I'd like to ride more, give up work, have fun.
I used to want to learn sign language, but a deaf guy I work with has put me off that and now I just smile at him & wonder what the hell he just signed at me (no, not the fingers, those I understand). As for French, going to France put me off (all I could remember was the word for coffee, but didn't figure out what milk was until fairly late in the piece - I failed French at school lol). I went at a time when the Rainbow Warrior bombing was well remembered and because I was on a Kiwi passport, they were very hostile, so I just hid my passport & pretended I was Australian.
Now, Spanish, that would be fun to learn, the people are so much nicer in Spain.
Anyway, sorry I couldn't help more, but you've got me thinking, Nat ;)
Michelle

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Originally posted by GETMETOCA

This isn't that hard. I've had two race articles that I wrote published in the Events section of Cycle news. Does that count? If so, it's something that you could easliy accomplish. I have a few copies of the first issue that I was published in Carmichael is on the cover riding a wheelie on his KX125. I intend to get the cover and my article framed for display in our game room.

Drive across the country

I grew up in a family road warriors. So, we had some interesting vacations. As a result, I can say that I've ridden in a car on EVERY mile of I-10 from Jacksonville to LA AND I've been in a car on every mile of I-75 from Miami to the top of Michigan. :cool:

This one is really Cool. And, with a little planning, it's not too difficult to accomplish. My wife and I lived in London for a year, a few years ago. While we were there, we planned a family vacation with her family. There is an organization in the UK called the Landmark Trust. What they do is go around a purchase Landmarks for preservation. They raise funds by allowing you to rent the landmarks for various events. We actually rented a castle in Southwest Scotland for 4 days. It was fabulous. There were 8 adults in our party, and the castle accomedated us nicely. The castle had electricity and plumbing, but no telephone and no TV. So we spent a lot of the time just visitng. The castle was preserved adjacent to a farm, and we met the farmer and helped him herd the cattle from one field to the next in the evenings. One of the fun things about the castle was reading the registry of all the different people who had stayed there and learning about thier adventures.

Good luck with your pursuit of your goals. Remember, Make today count...because once it's over, you can't get it back.

I'm off to explore Nova Scotia Canada for a week, next week. Should be fun.

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Tour the countryside of Ireland with my mother.
Safari through the Outback.
Scuba-dive off of the coast of Australia and around the Camens, looking for sharks.
Ride on a ridge trail without having a panic attack.
Tour the castles of Germany.
Find Bigfoot and give him a haircut.
Be abducted by aliens.
Ride in a pro-rodeo.
Become a cop.
Tour the west coast on a CBR.
See Graceland.
Hike through Yellowstone.
Sky-dive (solo jump).
Sing the National Anthem at an NFL game.
Peform a solo violin concert.

Hmmm, :think: that should be enough, for now. :thumb:

Last edited:

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
  • Witness a miracle
  • Be in two places at once
  • Befriend somebody I don't like
  • Spend a year in the Peace Corps
  • Make a medical discovery
  • Get a tatoo

Some of you might get this... ;)

Last edited:

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
My list of things to do in my life....

1. Ride in Utah.
2. Go overseas and watch the ISDE (since I'll never get to ride it.)
3. Get another trials bike.
4. Ride with Guy Cooper.
5. See the Pyrmids in Egypt (done!)
6. Own my own business... and make a profit!
7. Learn to play guitar.
9. Learn Spanish (the Spanish I know shouldn't be repeated on a family site).
10. Take my family and friends that ride on a really cool riding adventure!
11. Marry a woman that not only understands my need to ride but would like to participate with me.

NVR FNSH

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2000
Originally posted by GETMETOCA

I'll volunteer to be one of your dinner party guests. And I promise to talk about you for years. Does it have to be nice talk?

I've never really wrote stuff down but when asked about my career goals my answer is this:
I've worked in aerospace where the customer is always asking you to make it lighter. Before I retire I want to work for Caterpillar/John Deere/Komatsu on heavy construction equipment where they ask if you can make it heavier - "Can you use 1/2" plate for the radiator shroud instead of that puny 1/4" crap"

Brian

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Hmmm. All I had on my list for YEARS was:

1) Save up to get to New Zealand and meet/ride with Michelle and Henk.

Since that has been accomplished with great fanfair and lots of pictures that I haven't even gotten all organized yet (waiting until after summer riding season for that), I dunno what else to put on the list; HELP!!!

BTW... I would TOTALLY suggest to others to put a trip to New Zealand on their list. That place is AWESOME and the people are WONDERFUL!!!

Jonala

~SPONSOR~
Sep 20, 2000
1) Be healthy enough to ride bicycles or dirt bikes the next weekend.
2) Master Dave Wood's riding tips. (Fantasy) :aj:
3) Use Dave Wood's tips (Reality) :)

crkid

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 2001
Bungee Jump (maybe)
I wanna go again. Scary but an awesome feeling afterward.

1. I want to go skydiving
2. Graduate (173 more days)
3. See the west coast.

I've gotta work on some more.

Is that even possible anymore? :)

Don't forget to stop in NC on that drive across the country! :yeehaw:

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Hey, I've done some of that stuff... well, sorta...

Cycle USA, May 2000... No Bares Spotted at the Brrr in the Bush.
Drive across the country
Yeah, but it took me 10 years.
Bungee Jump (maybe)
Better yet go to Bridge Day at the New River Bridge in WV... best place in the U.S. to bungee jump.
Pyromania!
At 19 I threw a party at my parents house and 300 people showed up. Three years later I'd run into someone who had met me that night and I had no idea who they were, but they remembered that party... yes, the police did show up.
Lancut Castle in Rzeszow, Poland August 1999

My list of things to do is somewhat shorter:
1) Spend as much time with my family as possible.
2) Get my wife on a trail-bike... one she can ride.
3) Raise my son to be upstanding and responsible.
4) Take several years and go sailing around the world.
5) Go see the ISDE in another country.
6) Somehow get involved with bringing another ISDE to the U.S.
7) Ride with as many DRN members as possible.

wayneg

~SPONSOR~
Aug 29, 2001
Yes theres a lot to do in a short time...

I think its good to reflect on the things that you have had on your list and already done. Sometimes it points you in the right direction for new additions to your list, or to revisit something that you really enjoyed.

The two most important things that still I want to do are;

Visit the Scottish six day trial (not to ride, just to spectate)
Go skiing in the US or Canada
Take my kids to Europe (when they're a bit older!)
Move up a class at Observed Trials (from the lowest class!!)

Motohead00 and Woodsrider - I did go and watch the ISDE in '98 in Australia, and also helped with the NZ support crew. I can definitely recommend going as its a pretty amazing spectacle. I did get a bit disappointed with the amount of cheating that goes on though. It seems that when theres a lot of pressure on people to win sometimes fair compettition goes out the window...

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
No it's not. Go to Whistler, BC... THAT's the best. ;)

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I've been to Def Leppard, about 8 years ago! It was great fun. I was 14 and Mom thought I was camping. :p

I want to:
sky dive
learn to fly
go to Alaska
race every kind of car/go kart/motorcycle I possibly can
build another hot rod
live in a log cabin
learn to jump higher than 5 feet
earn my black belt

I know there's more . . .

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Originally posted by NVR FNSH
I'll volunteer to be one of your dinner party guests. And I promise to talk about you for years. Does it have to be nice talk?

Brian, you are always welcome at my dinner parties...just remember to wear a white shirt and dark trousers, an apron, and oh yeah, bring an extra bottle of dishwashing soap, would ya?? Thanks! Would be perfectly acceptable for you to memorize the menu and know where the spare wine corker is, and oh yeah, there's a card table set up on the back porch for you and the other "help" to get a quick bite in between courses, and I won't even charge you if you have seconds! :debil:

Thanks again Brian, you're a doll!!

whyzee

Never enough time !
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 24, 2001
YZeater, Dirty D, Jackson Hole, Wyoming is by far the best skiing in either North or South America, Hands down!
My list. ...
  1. See my kids graduate college.
  2. Move back to Colorado
  3. Retire
  4. Fly Mach 2+
  5. Have the agility to climb Iron Messiah one more time
    [/list=1]

When it's all over burry me here; Zion, Utah

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
yzeater- Whistler/Blackcomb has a glacier and steep long narrow couliers. Vail has the biggest bowls ever, true. Both have deep swweeet powder. Hmmm. Maybe winter isn't so bad after all. Hey let me know anytime ya want to come out to Vail to ski. That's in my back yard and I'll pick ya up at the airport and take ya up there. I have to warn ya, though; I've turned into a tele pin head lately. It's a little easier on the knees. 'Gotta save them knees for DIRT RIDING!!!

... Oh yup, the Rock Garden at Jackson Hole is quite sweet too... and the powder over the mountain at Targee is legendary! Hmmm. It's not quite time to sharpen edges just yet; quit getting me all excited!!!

Last edited:

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
1) Pink Floyd concert (just one more tour.... please!)
2) honest-to-god, white-sand, azure-blue-water, tropical dive vacation on a tropical island. I'm thinking Tahiti or Bora-Bora.
3) Take The Ant on Baja-Bound Adventure's "Hooters on Scooters" ride down in Baja next April 2003.

And that will complete the "A" list. s'truth....!

-- E-Ticket

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
My short list:

• A:The Formula One Grand Prix of Belgium at the legendary Spa-Francorchamps Circuit
  • 2: A winter in Montreal with someone special
  • C: A week or two exploring my birthplace (Seville, Spain. . .never went back)
  • D:Sault Saint Marie, MI. . .I want to take the ferry across to Canada for ice cream
  • E: ANY Outdoor National MX race

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Hmm...don't have these written in stone, but my list includes:

--Visiting Australia (or New Zealand!)
--Going skiing in Colorado
--Having a custom-built house made (castle)

We visited many castles when vacationing over in England & Scotland. Very, very cool. Want to build one of our own, or at least a reasonable facsimile due to the high cost of stonework!
Went to a Def Leppard concert in high school-- I think it was the Pyromania tour as well.

I managed to move out of Illinois, where I had lived my whole life. I wanted to see what it was like living in another area of the country.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Whistler, Vail, Jackson Hole... if you really want steep and deep go heli-skiing. I do have a soft spot in my heart for Taos though. Last time I was there they didn't let no stinkin' surfboards on the mountain! :p

I was lucky enough to see the '94 ISDE in Tulsa... those Europeans are fast!

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom