SpeedyManiac

Aug 8, 2000
Best skiing in North America? Well, Red Mountain Resort has hands down the best tree skiing in North America, if you're a good skier. Whistler is too crowded and expensive. If you are an expert level skier (can ski atleast a triple black diamond) then you should come to red. The lifts aren't very good but the skiing is unbelievable.
My List (In No Particular Order):
Race an entire points series and place in the top 5.
Visit Ireland and Australia.
Find a woman that'll put up with me.
Become a mechanical engineer and design bikes/cars for Honda.
Start a family.
See the grand canyon and go white water rafting and mountain biking there.
Learn to kayak.
Race a GNCC and a high caliber MX/SX event.
Go riding in AZ, CO and CA.
Go snowboarding in Alaska.
Become a better photographer.
Buy a Toyota Tacoma, KTM200E/XC and Honda CRF250R (when they're available) and go around North America racing different types of races.
Live life to its fullest.

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
  • Get the leather seats and two-tone paint.
  • Buy the most expensive toilet, not the one on sale.
  • Win a race, a motorcycle race, just one.
  • Arrive at my bro in-laws house in Plano (we go there every other Thanksgiving), rush past everyone to the restroom, spend a good long time in there, come out and ask "Have ya'll got a plunger?" :uh: :moon: :yeehaw: :aj:

txvintage

Sponsoring Member
Apr 20, 2001
Vintage, you coming this way at Thanksgiving? If so, we must make time for a beverage.

As for my list, my one goal in life is to regret the things I've done, not the things I didn't. I have had a busy life........ :cool:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by txvintage
Vintage, you coming this way at Thanksgiving? If so, we must make time for a beverage.
I just heard that my brother in-law's mother in-law is moving to TX. If that is true I won't be doing the Thanksgiving thing in Plano. You'd understand if you ever met the old sea hag. If I do get down that way I'd love a beverage.

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
Vail is only the best place to ski if you go with a local and know where to go like "hair bag alley." CJ I know Vail is kind of in your back yard so I guess that makes it my front yard. If anyone wants to come then we will drive up to one of the houses that I designed and ski from the house (ski in ski out). It is pretty cool then have their houses about 20 feet from the cat walk so you walk up the heated path they built, put on your ski's and go. You have to remember that Vail also has Beaver Creek and Bachelor Gulch.

One of my goals was the ISDE which I have done.
The next is the Trial De Nations which will happen in Sept.
Hopefully I will do the Scottish Six Days within the next year or two.
I did live in Europe for 3 months but now I would like to go back and tour it on a motorcycle instead of a train.
Be married to my husband until I die.
Become a motivational speaker.

Until then I guess I will keep skiing in Vail :confused:

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
Originally posted by Girlrider
You have to remember that Vail also has Beaver Creek and Bachelor Gulch.

We stayed at Beaver Creek (very nice town) and skied at Vail. The snow at Beaver Creek wasn't too good.

Girlrider

Sep 1, 2000
No kidding! For the last 2-3 years Colorado has not got the snow that they need. Typically Beaver Creek has better snow because it has less people skiing it than Vail but our winters have not been good. If we don't get good snow this year next summer will be TERRIBLE.

If you want good snow then you have to go to Steamboat Springs, Colorado

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
It snowed one of our Vail days. It skied from the time we got on the mountain to the time we left (we were the last ones off the mountain...literally. We got to ski the fresh cordoroy on our last trip down). We never skied the same run twice. Never took the same lift twice. It was pretty awsome

wayneg

~SPONSOR~
Aug 29, 2001
Well I can now strike another one that wasn't even on the list - just got back today from five days in Fiji. Part of it was a cruise for three days around some of the western islands. Snorkeling and swimming and relaxing............. :cool: and the occasional beer............... :cool: and another beer........... :cool: etc etc

The only problems were the temperature drop (Wellington - snowing and 10 degrees celcius, Nadi - sunny and 28 degrees celcius) flying back home again and the sun burn :flame: (I have never been sunburnt though a t-shirt before :scream: )

Life is soooo tough!!!

linusb

~SPONSOR~
Apr 20, 2002
BTW... I would TOTALLY suggest to others to put a trip to New Zealand on their list. That place is AWESOME and the people are WONDERFUL!!!

I've always wanted to go to Australia, but over the past few years, I've become more interested in New Zealand. It really looks like a place where I'd like to live some day.

FireLily

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
Julius Pleaser, I have been to Spa-Francorchamps Circuit to watch F1GP in '88.

I won a prize that was sponsored by HONDA. They took me and 12 other people from Japan for 8 days of free trip in France and Belgium. And the main event was F1GP. I was so excited to watch the race. But the circuit didn't have a good design for the spectators to watch whole race, so I could only watch those F1 machines passing by so fast. Only time I could see well was when some cars broke down right in front of me.

Anyway, I enjoyed the free trip very much, and I loved Belgium so much that I went back there in '94.
I hope you can make your wish come true soon.

Mini :thumb:

Last edited:

E-Ticket

~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2000
And that, folks, ..... is why we buy lottery tickets.

(grin)

AnneBrooks

Jan 17, 2001
here is my list; not in any kind of order:

1. Follow the Le Tour De France circuit
2. Tour Italy
3. Tour New Zealand and ride with Michelle and Henk
4. Convince Bob to go on a Cruise
5. Live in the mountains
6. Follow the World GP circuit
7. Ride in CO
8. Tour Highway One in California
9. Continue happiness and well being with Bob until we die..
10. Be independently wealthy so we can do all this... :confused:

gospeedracer

Chat Mom
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 8, 2000
That's a great list Natalie. I've had an ongoing list in my head for many years. Unfortunately it's a little depressing to put into writing since I doubt I will ever get to do anything on my list. :(

Learn to play the cello
Learn as many foreign languages as possible
Travel to Ireland, Scotland, Poland and Hungary to look up relatives
Spend a year in Africa as a volunteer at this ranch that rescues elephants
Scuba dive in Honduras, the Great Barrier Reef, the Solomon Islands, Fiji etc…..
Learn to fly a helicopter
Design my own custom home
Become a great photographer
Raise Egyptian Arabians
Buy my Mother a new car, or two
Go on one of the Baja-bound adventures
Rent an RV and tour the country to ride with as many DRN members as I could

kiwi_925

Jan 29, 2001
Im only 20 and so much to do but ill try a top 10.
1 Finish my Degree
2 Do the O.E. thing.
3 Come back to NZ and start a design bussiness(in the Hawkes Bay because of the best place for riding/racing in the world)
4 Take my family on a trip to europe/america and do a racing holiday(visit a dirt track, motocross, road racing, trials, speedway, do it all, this after the business is doing well of course)
5 Buy a house that has land for a track
6 Endless supply of Tui (Michelle and Henk might know what that is)
7 Do the 100ft jump at Dick Gerkel Raceway
8 Retire young and have enough cash to live comfortably(sp)
9 Get a trials bike and beat my older brother
10 Get a motocross GP in New Zealand (its a dream)

My list goes ALOT longer than that, but thought id just put those in.

CJ Rider

~SPONSOR~
Apr 3, 2000
Tui? Hmmm. Replace that Coors Light-like beer with a good Bass Ale or Sammy Adams Lager, and that'd make your list just PERFECT; LOL! :thumb:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Let's see . . .
  • Instill in my son the love I have for hunting and riding dirt bikes
  • Go back to Durango, CO and ride the Silverton Railroad
  • Become International Man of Mystery
  • Shoot a 450 point B&C bull elk
  • Be Cryogencally Frozen
  • Buy an electric guitar and JAM!
  • Travel through Time, Backwards and Forwards
  • Actually beat someone in a motorcycle race
  • Catch Dr. Evil in the First Act
  • Give my daughter away at her dream wedding (in about 20 years!), and try not to cry
  • Celebrate my 50th, 60th, and 70th wedding anniversaries

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I used to have goals in life, wonder where they went :think:

1. Finish all of my projects that are laying around the shop (the old ASE, streetbike, and Z50)
2. Earn my "A" card
3. Race more snowscrambles (they're a blast)
4. Visit Ireland someday before I'm too old to enjoy it.
5. Graduate college and start my own business.

By the way natalie, while you're driving across the US you can stop by ohio and see why dirtrider magazine says one of the toughest races in the world is "Any southern ohio race in the rain :) "

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom