confusedtech

Jul 26, 2006
I took the mikuni off my sons 2002 yz125 and put on a 59mm Kiehin. The main jet in it was a 170. The bike runs good low and mid but sputters on top end. I have gone up on the main to a 205(5 at a time) and it hasn't fixed it yet. Should I go down? Is it a rich sputter? It doesnt foul the plugs. I had Eric do a 144 bore for me but it just doesnt seem to have the top I think it should. Just wondering if anyone else runs a Kiehin on a 125.
thanks confusedtech

Eric Gorr

Engine Builder
Jun 29, 1999
Sputtering could be too rich but it depends what needle you have. You had the problem of the wrong crankshaft in your bike, did you ever fix that?

confusedtech

Jul 26, 2006
Yes I have. Eric you have a good memory for thinking about that. I run 32-1 110 race fuel with amsoil dominator oil.BR9 NGK race plugs. I've advanced and retarded timing with no help. I have not changed the needle and really have not looked very closely at it. I put the 170 main back in and am going to try a more oil to fuel ratio to see about leaning it a little once it warms up some,currently 20 degrees around here.

confusedtech

Jul 26, 2006
Ok Eric I took the slide out of the carb to get the numbers the slide has a star symbol and a 6 or a 9 ( *6 or 9*) more like an hourglass shape than a star. the needle has R1469N with an -S under those numbers.
thanks confusedtech

Top Bottom