01 Cr250 Transmission mainshaft bearing questions

Mar 25, 2008
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me why the transmission mainshaft RH bearing has a seal on 1 side of the bearing to stop oil flow. Is it wise to remove this seal for better lubrication? Also, has anyone ever tried to replace this bearing without splitting the cases?? I want to replace this bearing because its a little noisy. It does go into the case from the outside in, then it uses the steel plate that holds the shifting mechanisim together to keep the bearing from moving. I was was wondering, If I remove this bearing will a new one go right in or am I going to have to end up with the cases apart?? Im hoping the great minds on here will pull together and help me on this one I have a race in a week and was wanting to take care of this ASAP "Without Splitting the Cases" Thanks Y'all

Stuart

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Should be able to change it? It is easy to get out with the cases split/the shaft removed. I suppose you may dig it out, never heard of that one. That seal is to help keep the clutch debris directly out of the bearing. They do go bad, has a service limit.

Top Bottom