Danny Stein

Nov 12, 2002
I okay I was riding last Sunday and 2 1/2 miles into the ride the dreaded chain break in the woods. :whiner: Well I get pulled back to the truck by my brothers polaris sportsman. Make a long story short I had new sprockets front and back with a new chain in the trusty tool box in the truck. Who carries this much crap when you go riding. My friends always pick on me, with the amount of tools etc. I carry. I tell them you can never be to prepared! Lets not get into the sense of direction conversation, If I were to go down in the woods with an injury, I think it would take those idiots 2 days to get help. Well to get to the point I broke my case saver chain guide when the chain snapped. I quess those little things do have a purpose. Well do any of you ride with that thing off? I replaced the shifter while I was down there? I had a replacement guide from ****!!!! But when I replaced the shifter with a "moose folding shifter" the shifter would hit the chain guide? I like the way I aligned my shifter in relation to the pegs when shifting with riding boots. Do any of you know of an aftermarket case saver for the 02 KDX 200?

BRYDEN1

Sep 22, 2003
Be very careful using a case saver with a 12t sprocket. There is enough clearance to allow the chain to pile up under the casesaver and break the case. You were luckey the stock saver is so flimsy other wise you would be looking for a new case halve. Looking at my own 01 220 i don't think running a case saver has any advantage. I have seen several KTM's with broken clutch slaves and damaged cases even with aftermarket case savers. I really don't recommend running one stock gearing or not. (The stock cover has been laying in my spare parts pile since new.)

Top Bottom