tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
That's right ! Some little blonde gal snatched him up and took him home today. Claims she needs one for her farm. This is the weirdest type of bird hunting I've seen. Does she need some sort of license to do this?

:think:

Attachments

• cc-rooster.jpg
    cc-rooster.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 213

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Awww man.... I was kinda looking forward to see if it was still there each week.

Oh well. With the weather getting cold it needed to go to a good home, with lots of hens to.......um.....service :cool:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
DOG GONE BIRD NAPPERS :bang:
I knew it would happen sooner or later - that was one cool bird :aj:
I will NEVER forget everything that he did for us west siders.. Little things like picking the maggets off that pile of dead fish, teaching us how to strut and giving ALL of us some very intelligent conversation (thats right YZMAN - your not the only one to carry on a converstation with him)!! I really liked his color and how it changed when the sun hit it. I have been carrying extra food over for him everytime I went out that way... To put it bluntly - I am really going to miss him. I hope he got a farm with LOTS of chickens and not someone looking for a free lunch :yikes:
By the way Gary, I stopped by the trailhead about 2:30 today, right after my MRI. Your truck was the ONLY visable sign of the "guys" (some quad riders still there - I ASSUMED it wasnt Marlin jumping ship like his son said he was giong to do :eek: ) Even though I wasnt there to try out your grill again - thanks for bringing it along (I know you did cause the table was still out with 3 different cans of pop still sitting on it). Also, did you paint that bike carrier (as I remember it was black last time) or is this another one?? COOL OUTFIT!!!
At any rate. glad to here you guys got out today.
Woodsy

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
That lady paid dearly for the bird. There was at least 4 or five guy's heckling her about being a chicken thief. We even told her that rooster was our mascot! I guess we didn’t shame her enough to stop her. Poor chicken we didn’t even get to name him? From the conversation from one of the fellows at the parking lot, he seemed to think the rooster was from the house just west of the parking area. Now let’s get one thing very straight. The only way I'll trade this Berg in is if KTM bring back Husaberg's Quads. And it better have a beer / Gun holder a lawn mower & a snow plow! "It would be better equipped for trail maintenance?"

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
"The only way I'll trade this Berg in is if KTM bring back Husaberg's Quads. And it better have a beer / Gun holder a lawn mower & a snow plow! "It would be better equipped for trail maintenance?"

That would sure take the boredom out of snow removal and grass cutting Mar :aj:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I'm not sure the big boss would like the way the would look if I mowed the lawn with something like that! :aj: :eek:

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
woodsy said:
Also, did you paint that bike carrier (as I remember it was black last time) or is this another one?? COOL OUTFIT!!!
Woodsy,
Every one left early Sunday (about 1:30pm), so I went for a slow ride and took my camera for some senery shots. I probably just missed you.
I have two of those bike carriers, a gray one and a black one. The gray one is for sale, if you know any one who wants one... $150.
I have posted a few more pictures from Sundays ride. They are posted on Mweissen's "Little O " thread. Some how we hijacked this "Little O" ride over to Cedar Creek... Sorry Mark.

Gary

Attachments

• bridge.jpg
    bridge.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 170
  • stopahead.jpg
    stopahead.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 151

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Ok, stupid question (forgive me, I'm partially blonde.. :uh: )
Is Cedar Creek the same as Twin Lake??? These are two totally different trails right?
I only ask because there was a rooster at Twin Lake when we went a couple of weeks ago.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
MXGirl230 said:
Ok, stupid question (forgive me, I'm partially blonde.. :uh: )
Is Cedar Creek the same as Twin Lake??? These are two totally different trails right?
I only ask because there was a rooster at Twin Lake when we went a couple of weeks ago.

They are one in the same. The trail is called Cedar Creek Motorsports trail (hence the sign at the entrance of the trail) It is located in Twin Lake township.

Hey Woodsy you aint the only one been feedin the Rooster. I crumpled up a few dog biskets last weekend for it. Seemed to like them just fine. :cool:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I WANT OUR MASCOT BACK :think:
Perhaps next year we will all have to chip in for a replacement rooster - not that he is replaceable :rotfl:
Not a problem on the name thing there MXGIRL, I do the same thing and I am bald :laugh: I have been riding that area since the 60's and know of a few more things its been called, including:
The Trail To Podunc
The Trail To Hesperia
The Trail To Baldwin
The Creek Hills
Twisty
Twisting Trails
Sweeter Road Trails
The Highway
The Track (there really is an "illegal" track still there).
just to name a few.....

Of course, alot of us riders in the area just call the place "Riding Around Home" :worship:

Regardless what you call it, it wont be the same without "Biker Bird" :joke:
Woodsy

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Next time we go up, I'll have to look for the sign. I've been there a lot, and have never seen the sign :think: ...

I liked that rooster! I fed him some cheese nips :( I had never seen a rooster (in real life) until I saw him there (I grew up in the city). I think I took a pic of him roosting in a tree.

Woodsy, how good is your memory (we won't talk about mine)...I'm wondering if I've ever seen you there? Did you ever happen to help a girl w/a XR100 get her foot stuck between the brake lever and footpeg? There was a big group of guys there, when I..I mean that girl did that. She was also laying in a puddle at the time...just curious...there's an illegal track there??? WHere???? I only know where the "hillclimb" is.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Now you guys finally understand the value of being a "kind, gentle person" such as myself.. :nener:
This young ladie perceives me correctly as the type of person who would stop and help her out.. She realizes that just because some of the folks that I ride with would take such an opportunity to splash mud on a fellow rider (you know who you are..) I would not.. Sorry MXGIRL, that must have been another "decent/great person" who did that, thanks for the compliment though!!!
About that race track...
What I am about to tell you could cost you a ticket unless you go to see it on/in a street legal vehicle.. Leave the parking lot going AWAY from the main paved road (south on the entrance road leading into Twisty). At the first two track turn left. Go about 1 city block and look into the valley on your left hand side.. While viewing this pit, think of a young Woodsy on a brand new 1973 Honda Elsinore practicing up for the Sunday races.....
Woodsy :ride:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I kinda thought that's where it was. When we were out there, Phil and I saw about 5 guys on bikes come flying out of the woods and head that direction. We could hear them (pretty loud-no spark arrestors)but, could not see them. I probably won't ride on it, just maybe go look...I've been caught before riding where one is not supposed to ride...
Honda Elsinors are sweet bikes!

Top Bottom