MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We are hoping to hit Cedar Creek Sunday. Wondering how much rain was up that way? We had planned on hitting Big Air, but that will be a mess. Don't want to put the new ride through that...yet :)

So Cedar Creek is our plans as of right now..of course we change our minds pretty quick!

Thanks in advance... :ride:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
If you live in Michigan then...

the best time to ride is after it rains. :cool:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Thanks...guess we'll probably end up doing that...probably be a better way to get the new bikes broken in, instead of the track.

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
No doubt about it - we got drenched on that last round.. I would ride the North loop first and then try th esouth side. THe soiuth has lowerland and maybe giving it a little time to dry out will help!! Lots of water around now!!!
Woodsy :ride:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Thanks Woodsy! We are still in limbo as to what we want to do....decisions, decisions...

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Lemme know what your Cedar plans are for Sunday. Digger and I are itchin for a ride. Especialy after missing the SOW ride in lue of a weding. Bleachhhhhh.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We have some stuff to do up here at my father in laws place. Probably won't be hitting Cedar Creek until after early afternoon. Something like 3 or 4...kinda late, but the trails are more on our way home than close to here...If you guys want to wait around that long we'll see ya there...if not then maybe another time...
We are in a white Explorer with a silver 6x12 v-nose...and of course our new Yamaha Two smokes :)

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We should be headed out of here (Mears) within the next 20-30min (2:45right now). Not sure how long it takes to get there from here...we have to stop and get gas.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I never made it out there. I havent been able to get on the net all weekend. Home computer is taking a big dump. So I wasn't able to see your post till today at work.

I ended up out to Bridgeton riding on there track with the kid. I managed a double double on my Honda. What a clanky ride that bike is out on the track. Shoulda brought the YZ with me instead. Still fun though.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We didn't make it either..we spotted Thuderbird from the highway and pulled off. We just wanted to check it out, but the owner said we could ride. So we did that...I guess he isn't supposed to run on Sundays, but he said it was cool anyway. Not a bad track though! We had a lot of fun. It was us a couple of kids on 50s, an 85, and a guy on a dual sport tearing up the jump faces:pissed: They left shortly after we got there though..so we had the track to ourselves :aj: Fun track for not a lot of money.

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
So.... how are the new bikes??!!?? We went out to Motoland yesterday and thought about you guys, although I knew you were taking it easy with the break-in ride weekend.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
We thought about Motoland too, but we haven't seen Phil's dad (or mom..) since around Christmas. So it was time to head up and see his Dad.
The new bikes are SWEET!!! I love mine!! Still struggling with the handling of it. Seems to handle in the turns a little different than the CR. I have had the CR for 5 years though and I'm used to the way it acts. That bike actually has bottom end. It is soo nice, I can't wait to race this weekend!
Phil likes his bike a lot. Looked WAY more comfortable after a couple of laps. I didn't look comfortable on it the entire 4 hours we were at the track...oh well it'll come with practice. He said it's nice to be able to roll on the throttle and to have basically endless power. He did say he's afraid that it will get him in trouble though. He was eyeing a triple that he would have never thought about before...
Nikki we have to hook up this year to hit Motoland. We should go again after the Red Bud National. It could be the the new tradition.

Top Bottom