09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
I did not really enjoy the CMB track. It was rough as hell and the dust was horrible at times. My partner wondered if any of the 3 hour solo riders actually had fun?

I did think the club(s) did a great job of marking the trial (I for once did not get lost on the 1st lap) It was good deep sand experience and a good way to test out air filter performance. It would have been much better if we had some rain prior or during the event.

I hope Scotty B's knee is OK.

Fred T.,
My partners son (and my employee) beat up your daughters boyfriend in the Z class, he has giant blisters on both hands. He asked me to ask you if your daughter is free this weekend? (just kidding, he is engaged)

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Spoke w/Scotty this a.m. He's OK....sorta. I told him to "soak it in-cider" and take some advil. :)

I had fun (solo...just like at home :| ). Dust is part of the game. The trail was rough, but at least it flowed. I just didn't like being "first loser" by 18 seconds though!!

What a ride by little Mapes and BJ! Jeez those boys were flying! :yikes:

And how's about Tudethout coming out of retirement after 3 years...only riding twice this year.....and pulling a 30+ second gap on Wegner on the first lap!!! :whoa: He lead for 2 laps before throwing the anchor out....his blisters were grim.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Jordan414 said:
track of the year...

very, very rough though

You talkin' about the track? Or that slap on the butt I gave you for not letting your dad win?? :) :laugh:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Respect your elders Jordan. Until you start paying for your bikes and parts.....dad wins!

Just kiddin'. You and BJ had a good day.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
yep

Hey 09oneL

Grant is still in his first year od HS so as a newbie I'd say he's progressing quite well.

Yes the track was rough, but it was for everybody. A real he-man track. I was wasted after that race and those that did 8-9 laps musta been nearly dead too. Skippy looked DOA after the finish-there was no where to rest on that track, it beat you evey inch of the way. I got a few new blisters too.

Barclay just passed me before he yard saled and I didn't even see him or his bike in the dust but I heard something on my right but I thought it was just some kids screwing around at the time because I never saw any wreckage. I felt bad I left him there, but he got up and rode it out. :bang:

He complemened me as one of the few that let him by with out a yell, and now I wish I fought him off for a few hundred yards and he may be ok? :uh:

I do not understand those guys that will not pull over, I had some one ahead of me on a 4 stroke and i screamed at him for over a mile and then I started calling him the f-word and he finally let me by. :think:

I guess I need to take a DW "class for passing" seminar.

Everyone in my "clan" had a very good day. :cool:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Good call on the road-blockers Fred...and Lord knows I appreciate it everytime someone moves over for me, as I move over quickly for anyone who comes up on me hot....even Mark Smith! I too do not understand why these idiots continue to contend that "I paid the same as you did to ride this track, if you're so much faster than me find a way around me" crap. It cannot be any fun for these guys (and gals yesterday) to just continue to ride infront of riders who a clearly faster and are trying to find a way around without putting them down. I rev once, yell their name once (If I know it...I try to learn as many as I can...they seem to move over quicker if you yell a name) then I start to get impatient like you said. It's just moronic to hold someone up like that. If it's someone in your class....OK, I get it. But if they're not in your class, tuck it over and let 'em by!

Grant is riding really, really well Fred. He must be hooked? 3 hours in his future?

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
I think this is a big issue with our series. I do not have any solid solutions but we should be able to come up with something to minimize this BS. I will let a guy in my own class by if he comes up fast and I know I am holding him up. If I don't let him by I know that it will get dangerous at some point. I rev the motor and then yell the name or "Team Class" so they know I am not in their class, If he does not move I yell that this will get dangerous and it does. VERY frustrating

We surely cannot make it a rule (that would cause all kinds of complaints and other issues).We can be more vocal at our riders meetings and we could put signs along the track "move over for faster riders" this may help reduce the azz clowns

Other ideas?

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Fred T said:
Hey 09oneL

Grant is still in his first year od HS so as a newbie I'd say he's progressing quite well.

Barclay just passed me before he yard saled and I didn't even see him or his bike in the dust but I heard something on my right but I thought it was just some kids screwing around at the time because I never saw any wreckage. I felt bad I left him there, but he got up and rode it out. :bang:
:

Fred T.
I was just funnin, I am glad to see Grant is enjoying our sport and kicking butt in it as well.

My partner saw Scotty B.'s bike and then found Scott with his eyes rolled back in his head, he then went and found some club members on a quad and told them to go and get him, he then found his dad and told him about it. We were in good shape and it did not cost us any spots - low competition in our class yesterday.

TJC510

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 22, 2006
im still beat from yesterday. i haven't got blisters on my hands in 10+ years, i had 3 on each hand after this race.

i was wondering where the tight stuff was. you could get a quad around the hole thing. i was not impressed with the track, i could have rode the galdwin trail and gotten the same thing, wide trail, deep sand, whoops.

D.LEATHERS

Jun 28, 2002
TJC510 said:
im still beat from yesterday. i haven't got blisters on my hands in 10+ years, i had 3 on each hand after this race.

i was wondering where the tight stuff was. you could get a quad around the hole thing. i was not impressed with the track, i could have rode the galdwin trail and gotten the same thing, wide trail, deep sand, whoops.

Wait till Jackpine T.J. :nener: :laugh: :laugh:

Dave L.

scottyb479

Aug 16, 2006
The way things are looking right now its 50/50 as far as racing this weekend. The doc said say off it for one week maybe more. But if I can kick start my bike by saturday then I'm in. Either way we are going to look at every option to see what is best and still race.

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
scottyb479 said:
The way things are looking right now its 50/50 as far as racing this weekend. The doc said say off it for one week maybe more. But if I can kick start my bike by saturday then I'm in. Either way we are going to look at every option to see what is best and still race.

I still say soak it in-cider Scotty....that always makes things better :)

Seriously....hope you can pull it off and ride Sat. Will Skippy help a brother out and start it for you? Or, should you borrow one of Greenie's weird left side kick bikes and ride that? Or maybe an ATK? Where's Corky when you need him? :laugh:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Yam7M said:
I still say soak it in-cider Scotty....that always makes things better :)

Seriously....hope you can pull it off and ride Sat. Will Skippy help a brother out and start it for you? Or, should you borrow one of Greenie's weird left side kick bikes and ride that? Or maybe an ATK? Where's Corky when you need him? :laugh:

KTM 250's have e start and Steve at Lansing Cycle can have one ready for you by JP. :nod:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Fred T said:
KTM 250's have e start and Steve at Lansing Cycle can have one ready for you by JP. :nod:

Well, I guess there's that too Fred. But jeez, I don't know if he wanted to go that far. An ATK is weird enough...but jumping on an electric start bike?? That takes it too a whole new level! :) :nener:

scottyb479

Aug 16, 2006
Fred T said:

If I had the money I might have already made the call. I have rode 2 ktms with the e start and that was very nice.

scottyb479

Aug 16, 2006
Yam7M said:
Well, I guess there's that too Fred. But jeez, I don't know if he wanted to go that far. An ATK is weird enough...but jumping on an electric start bike?? That takes it too a whole new level! :) :nener:

Im a 100% sure even I couldnt ride an ATK.

bartstarr

Jul 21, 2009
I would like to thank all of those indivduals involved in making the CMB hare scramble happen. Considering the curcumstances, it would have been very easy for the track owner to cancel the race and focus on his wifes' needs.
I would also like to thank the folks from VTR that made the trip to help out at the event.

I thought the track flowed very well and if mother nature had showed up, it would definetely be a candidate for track of the year.

For those of you that chose to post your complaints about the track, did you discuss with the club how to improve on the track, or did you decide to wait until monday, sit behind your computer, and cowardly complain about it?

Again, my hats off to CMB and the rest of the clubs for putting together events for us to participate in. Your efforts are very much appreciated.

MATTSKN

Sep 7, 2007
bartstarr said:
I would like to thank all of those indivduals involved in making the CMB hare scramble happen. Considering the curcumstances, it would have been very easy for the track owner to cancel the race and focus on his wifes' needs.
I would also like to thank the folks from VTR that made the trip to help out at the event.

I thought the track flowed very well and if mother nature had showed up, it would definetely be a candidate for track of the year.

For those of you that chose to post your complaints about the track, did you discuss with the club how to improve on the track, or did you decide to wait until monday, sit behind your computer, and cowardly complain about it?

Again, my hats off to CMB and the rest of the clubs for putting together events for us to participate in. Your efforts are very much appreciated.

:cool:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
bartstarr said:

:cool: :cool:

Good post. Thanks for stating that! All of our promoters bust their arses for us....ALL of 'em. There is so much work that goes on behind the scenes by officers and promoters a like.....and for the most part, it's a thankless job.

Again, GREAT post bartstar! :nod:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001

I thought the track was fun and theres nothing they can do about rough ground. I don't think it would be possible to make it any better myself. It was just a rough track and it was demanding, nothing wrong with that and it was a very nice change from all the friggin' mud. :cool: I also appreciate another great place to ride.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
09oneL said:
I did not really enjoy the CMB track. It was rough as hell and the dust was horrible at times. My partner wondered if any of the 3 hour solo riders actually had fun?

I did think the club(s) did a great job of marking the trial (I for once did not get lost on the 1st lap) It was good deep sand experience and a good way to test out air filter performance. It would have been much better if we had some rain prior or during the event.

cowardly complaint?

I did not intend to slam CMB. I agree with Bartstarr's post with the exeption of the cowardly complaint comment and for me it's not even close to "Track of the year" my opinion.

VTR (a track I used to hate) has it so far

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Has anyone heard anything further on Basil's wife?? I heard that the operation/procedure went well and she's going to be OK. I was happy to make a donation towards their medical bills and hope that they enjoy a speedy recovery!

E T

Apr 1, 2004
It was brutal this weekend, you would catch someone, then have to let them go so you could see!! it was a constant back and forth. And I agree with the road block comment, there were some stubborn riders out there, and a few that looked back and still didn't pull over, it was definitely hard moving through the pack after a ****ty start. Awesome trail, great arrowing, ill pray for rain this upcoming weekend. This is Grant by the way.

Top Bottom