MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Somehow my kids managed to change my jpeg files to VBScript files. Anyone know how to change them back? I am running Windows 98.
The file names are still the same but, now under "type" it says "VBScript Script File" and every time I restart the computer it lists the files as modified to that date and time?
Please help, as I have no clue how to fix it.

Howser03

~SPONSOR~
Oct 18, 2001
This is easy to fix. Hopefully you have the same directory setup as me. Click on start... and then run.... it will bring up a little window. Paste this in there...... C:\WINDOWS\Winfile.exe

Winfile is the old file manager that came with windows. Once inside you can search around your computer. Find a JPG file and highlight it. Then go up to the top and click on file, you will see 'associate' click on that and it will bring up a list of programs that you can associate with that particular file type. It should be on VBscript, just scroll around till you find your jpg viewer. (should have one that says JPEG) Hope this helps... if not there is another, more difficult way :scream:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Well it kind of worked?
the icons next to the file name look right again. The names are right again ie, something something.jpg
But when I open the file/pic, its all words?
This cant be good?

Hucker

~SPONSOR~
Sep 15, 2000
Sounds like somehow the files are set as type "ACSII" and not "BINARY" I know when I'm cruising around shells all day and I forget to transfer something in binary, I get mumbo jumbo. Try opening up the files in Photoshop or something and re-saving them...

Top Bottom