keithb7

Feb 5, 2005
I have my 1993 CR250 engine on the bench. Top end is diassembled, all case bolts removed, magneto removed, counter shaft sprocket removed, I am ready to split the bottom case. I used a puller and sucessfully split the cases, however there seems to be some resistance to a full left side removal. I pulled them apart about 3/4" and the rear part surrounding the transmission does not seem to want to separate more than about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. What is holding this up?
Is there a part on the right side (clutch side) that I have not removed that I need to? The right side I left in tact and have as I am not planning on tearing into it. I am not sure but it appears that maybe the transmission output shaft wants to come out with the left side that I am pulling on, however it may be attached somehow to the right side? (transmission output shaft is splined to clutch inner basket, is it not?) Maybe I need to remove the clutch, I was hoping not to. Any comments from anyone on this?

Keith

wornknobby

Feb 5, 2004
yes, i believe you do need to remove the clutch, the nut holdong the basket on is the one holding you back. or at least thats how my cases had to come apart, but i would this it would be the same for yours. its really not that hard of a job.
should only take you about 5 to 6 minutes.

keithb7

Feb 5, 2005
Figured it out....It was the countershaft collar. It was rusted and siezed to the output shaft. I didn't know there was a collar on the output shaft. Checked the manual and found the err of my ways.
Got the case split, crank and bearings are out now. Keith

Top Bottom