Dogger

Dec 31, 2001
I have a Honda CR500 cylinder which has a crack in the lower part of the sleeve. It goes from lower corner of the intake port to the corner of transfer cutoff in the sleeve bottom. I have also seen another CR500 cylinder with almost identical crack. Both cylinders were scrapped in fear of sleeve disintegrating. This crack had absolutely no effect in power (because it's at the bottom of sleeve) and it is not easy to detect. Makes me wonder if this is common with CR500:s ?
Has anyone experienced the sleeve cracking loose?

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Ship it off to Mr. Gorr. I had one repaired on an old 86 Honda ATC 250 R it cracked in the same place. They fixed it and I rode it for a long time with no problems.

Last edited:

Dogger

Dec 31, 2001
How was Your barrel repaired ? I thought re-sleeving is the only choice but I might be wrong... Is there any possibility to repair it by welding and then boring to next O.S. ?

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Dogger said:
How was Your barrel repaired ? I thought re-sleeving is the only choice but I might be wrong... Is there any possibility to repair it by welding and then boring to next O.S. ?
I'm not really sure what they did. Mr. Gorr has a quality operation. If he can fix it cost effective he will. If not he'll have a handle on a new/used jug.

Top Bottom