Damn Yankees Spring Ride!

Hey, someone had to get the ball rolling on this so here it is! We really need to have a Spring Rally and get the whole gang on board. Just putting out some feelers for this and see where it goes. Lets throw out some dates and places and see if we can get a great weekend of riding with great people!

A good place to start would be Lost Trails near Scranton, PA. Plenty of Hotels and camping around. Start pitching ideas!

RM_guy

Scared of DirtWeek<BR>Club *********
Damn Yankees
Lost Trails is a good start. Dan's going to need help building some single track so we have someplace to ride beside the couch trails.

I plan on riding at the Hancock,NY ride in April for anyone that wants to come.

Just so you guys know. RAC permits can be purchased by mail now. The trails out there are endless and well worth the 125.00 they charge for the year. Plenty of campsites in the area and also cheap hotels.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
I'd like to get out to ride with you guys this year.

Dave, get me the dates early for the kugamugga (sp?) Honest, I want to make the ride!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
No date set yet for the Kuggamugga ride. I emailed them to see when it will be but it is during April sometime.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
yeah, i'll just block out the whole month for it then .:coocoo:

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
Have fun guys. I can't find a single rock out here in the midwest, except for Fort Dodge, which is an abandoned gypsum mine. Found a lot of trees the hard way though ;)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
Papakeith said:
yeah, i'll just block out the whole month for it then .:coocoo:
Sounds like a perfect plan. Just sit by your phone and wait for my call. :laugh:

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
Rooster said:
Have fun guys. I can't find a single rock out here in the midwest...
That's a shame. All of the training riding in the rocks is just wasted. ;)

The problem with RAC is that none of the trails are marked and neither is the boundary of the property. nobody wants to get arrested for trespassing on someone elses property. Their maps are useless if the boundaries aint marked.

Just do a quick 180 and twist the throttle. What's the big deal? :) No seriously there is no problem out there at all and who needs maps. Half the fun is getting lost once in a while and finding something new. I myself have always riden out there with a gps and pretty much know what's good to go and isn't. The only real issue out there is the water shed stuff. Stay away from that and your usually OK. Might want to stay away from the gun range too.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
OK, time to come out of hibernation, lets pick a pick a date and place. So far i should be able to make any wekeend, only weekends I have tied up are this coming weekend, August4-5, and october 6-7.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
How about the middle of May sometime.