Does any know year and displacement of this KX

dan1608

~SPONSOR~
Jul 31, 2003
I got this kx from a friend of mine. All the serial numbers have been ground off the frame and the engine. The only numbers I can find are KX 080G on the water pump cover and the carb is a Keihn PE V457 CLX. I know its a Kawasaki. I suspect its a KX 80. I have no idea what the year might be. Its been sitting in police impound for about ten years as far as my friend can remember. It was confiscated by the cops from some kids who were known to acquire things at night. Any help will be appreciated

Attachments

• KX Full Left side.jpg
    KX Full Left side.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 182
  • KX Full RT side.jpg
    KX Full RT side.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 184

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I was thinking 88 is when they had the goofy purple colors. I think were close enough that it is not going to matter much.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
other than the color of the frame & seat cover, it looks identical to my sisters 1990 KX80.

Try using the vin number searc on buykawasaki.com

dan1608

~SPONSOR~
Jul 31, 2003
The original color of the frame is green like the plastic. Somebody spray painted it blue. The seat cover is blue not purple. I know some of the late eighties kx's had purple seat covers and the picture is not very clear, it was taken with a cell phone. What color is your sisters seat cover? So far I'm thinking like WillyM and Rcannon 88 or 89. How much difference would there be from 88 thru 90? The vin numbers were ground off. I did go to buy kawasaki and checked parts like swing arm and carburetor and they are the same from 88 thru 90. The swing arm also says unitrak on one side. Does your sisters? Thanks guys.

Bodge

~SPONSOR~
Oct 4, 2003
Its been ground off, the bike was hott before being in the impound. Is there a sticker under the seat on the sub frame or on the head tube? Ive seen model numbers there before. Wait, what year is a G? That will tell you. My 97yz125 is a J1, that G should give you the year.

smahala1286

Sep 9, 2004
hmm well then go to bikepics.com and look at the different years and see if you can make out what year it is from just the pictures. hope that helps

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I know it isn't a 88 or 89. I think it might be 90-92 KX80

gwcrim

~SPONSOR~
Oct 3, 2002
Look at the lower right hand side of the cylinder. The displacement should be cast into it. It's not an 85 for sure. They have shrouds on both sides.

As someone else said, Kawasaki.com has a VIN number identification page. Here's a LINK.

Top Bottom