Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
There was talk of an enduro this year. Is this still a go? I'm sure that there would be plenty of volunteers to cut the trails between the Heartland Spodes and NTSP. It would be really cool if we could do an A, B, and C class, too! :yeehaw: Just thought it would be a good idea to make plans and be more prepared this year. :)

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
An enduro? That's pushing it a bit. Maybe some sort of multiple loop enduro over the H/S course using modified qualifier rules. Just one checkpoint, multiple laps with multiple speed averages. Post mileage markers every 1/4 mile or so. Still that's a lot of work.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
I didn't mean a real enduro, just something along the lines you mentioned. It just seems like the HS course wasn't very long. Is there enough land there to cut a few more miles of trails?

Maybe the Enduro could just be an extended verion of the HS loop with several speed averages and a checkpoint?

Just a thought, maybe not a very good one?

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Stan...
Coop has promised to lay out the course next year.... it will be 12+ miles on in areas we didn't know about ... some of the woods riders went on a ride out there with Guy during the MX races and said it was great.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Okie, was that the area that was to the right if you were looking out on the grass track from the pit area? I went back in there a little ways and wondered why no one was riding there.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Originally posted by Okiewan
Stan...
Coop has promised to lay out the course next year.... it will be 12+ miles on in areas we didn't know about ... some of the woods riders went on a ride out there with Guy during the MX races and said it was great.

Awesome. I can put even more miles in this year :aj:

Maybe the poker runs could also be held on this loop.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
There is a road out there to the right, and a creek crossing, several fences with STAY OUT signs - no one seemed to know who owned any of that property so thats why nobody rode back there until Coop took some guys out.
Brownie wasn't even sure if we could ride back there or not.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Stan something else to consider also is the actual length of time that the HS is going to last. 12 mile loop, 2 riders per team, 3 loops each...riders of ALL skill levels, the scorers are going to start getting a little bored at about 3.5 hours :)

Maybe we have two classes - A/B and C/D...A/B class does 3 loops apiece, C/D class does 2.....that would cut down the total time considerably.

Poker run is the same deal, I am not sure we can have every event taking 3+ hours....

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
With a 12-mile H/S loop you'd probably need one or two observation checks. For spectating and keeping thing simple, easy and fun I think a shorter H/S loop (3 - 5 miles) is the way to go... but what do I know???

As far as the enduro thing, and Okie I may be way out of line here, what about getting a skilled timekeeper, like Cooper (or another well known enduro rider or riders) to put on a timekeeping class. After the class we could have a "closed-loop" family enduro using the 12-mile loop. This would be a chance for everyone to test their new-found skills and see who the best timekeeper really is. Just a thought anyway.

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Originally posted by Okiewan
Stan...
Coop has promised to lay out the course next year.... it will be 12+ miles on in areas we didn't know about ...

I wonder if the WORCS race that's scheduled at Cooperland next Nov 15-16 will be run on the course he sets up for US!!

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
I think you could pull of some sort of qualifier style race with 12 or so miles of track. I think that a HS would be way too long at 12 miles, more like 5 like Woodsy said.

Moose95

Sponsoring Member
Mar 9, 2002
As far as the enduro thing, and Okie I may be way out of line here, what about getting a skilled timekeeper, like Cooper (or another well known enduro rider or riders) to put on a timekeeping class. After the class we could have a "closed-loop" family enduro using the 12-mile loop. This would be a chance for everyone to test their new-found skills and see who the best timekeeper really is. Just a thought anyway. [/B][/QUOTE]

Woods, great idea! :thumb:

&nbsp;

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
1 loop (10-12 miles) with three speed changes and one or two resets. 15-18 mile per hour average. It would only take two hours max for the event. Would have to wave a couple of enduro rules pertaining to distance of checks after start etc. What would be really cool is if we could do it on trails not ridden before so it would be like a real enduro. not knowing where your going.

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
There's plenty of distance to adhere to the "three for free" rule. The main thing is setting the speed average high enough so the fast riders drop points, but the slow riders don't hour-out. Remember, it's for fun. ;)

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
The resets could allow the slow riders to get on time and get us around the distance rules. I have the supplies and will be happy to do anything needed. DW needs some trult challenging events. :p

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Justin - From experience, 15 to 18 would be too slow. 24 to 30 would cause the faster riders to drop points. Then use the resets to get everyone back on time. You'd need only one E-check.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Ignorance here! So far I've done MX, AX, Hare Scrables, Poker Runs but never an Enduro. How does it work? What is this average speed, resets, hour outs & dropping points you all speak of?

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Thanks. WOW! lot of stuff

WoodsRider

Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by Timr
... you don't need to have any clue as to what's really going on to have fun!
Spoken like a true enduro rider! :)

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Maybe... :p

Are you riding Coalinga again this year?&nbsp; Isn't it the same weekend as the Reno/Valentine's day thing?

I'm riding round #2 in LA (Louisiana) the next weekend.&nbsp; I'm going to try and talk some DRNers (TTRGuy,&nbsp;Oldloafr, Mikeb and anyone else who's interested) into riding on my row&nbsp;with me.

I'll help with the DW &nbsp;Enduro type event.

&nbsp;

&nbsp;

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
Originally posted by Timr
Are you riding Coalinga again this year? Isn't it the same weekend as the Reno/Valentine's day thing?
Yes, the Quicksilver is the same weekend as Reno. I doubt I will go to Coalinga since my last 4 attempts have resulted in 2 broken rims, 1 crushed pipe, 1 case of hypothermia, & 7 stiches in the back of my head. :eek:

I will help set up & work a DW enduro-qualifier-whatever. :thumb:

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
Timr - let me know a week or so before you register. Sounds like fun! I have my Dr. appt this morning to get my knee looked at so hopefully I will have a better idea when I can ride again.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Eddie,

I hope all goes well for you.&nbsp; I'm sending out PMs and/or e-mails today with the information.&nbsp; I'll let you know as soon as the registration forms are posted.&nbsp; To ride on the row, we need our registration forms to be stapled together and submitted at the same time.

&nbsp;

Top Bottom