Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
I was planning on bringing the whole family to DW. I mention to my wife that we better get signed up and now she is worried that my daughter and herself will not have any easy riding and they will be sitting in camp while my son and I ride. My wife and daughter do not do any technical riding, They like to put around on the easy trails, I have informed her I am sure there will be plenty of easy rides.

Will some of you veteran DW'ers please provide me with some feed back so I can ease the wife's mind.
Thank You
Lew

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Ya, what Dave said. There are so many places to ride and so many skill levels to choose a riding partner from that she will have no problem. My bet is that they will be on the mx track before the week is over. The cool thing is that even if they wanted to race mx on Sat there is a class for them. The C class is for people that have never raced mx before and it's nothing more than people having a good time doing somthing they've never done before. If you don't think you can make it up a hill, go around, nobody will get in your face for it cause it's all in fun. Riding or not, if a person sits at camp all week it's because they either chose to or they are like Tony :p

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Thanks for the replies , I am printing it out to show the wife. I am so looking foreward to attending this year. As a Harescrambles guy, I think I may even sit in on one of those MX riding classes myself. Never can hurt to learn somthin new.
Thanks again
Lew

B

biglou

Lew-There is also an hour or two a day on the big track and the kiddy track that is reserved for the little ones and the true beginners. The total environment at DW is so laid back and like was mentioned above, there are so many folks to meet and ride with. Plus, the social aspect of just walking around and meeting and talking with people is fantastic at DW. Guaranteed good time for all!

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Lew, I would be happy to go on a fun trail ride with your family. The Harescramble course was all easy and we can go at our own pace. Tell your wife not to worry about a thing. I had the BEST time last year and I was riding a borrowed bike.  I was slow as molasses (still am) and I even got to go out on a trail ride with MrLuckey and MXBundy - 2nd place Harscrambles Team - fast guys who put up with me....Well actually, they were marking the course and I was just trying to stay up with them, heck, that qualifies as a "trail ride" doesn't it?

Tell your wife NO WORRIES :)

Last edited:

Top Bottom