I'll be at DirtWeek!

• Total voters

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
My son will be 13 and has missed the past 2 DW's because of school but is determined to make it this year. He's been around a lot of the DRN crew for years but reguardless, know if he is riding or just messing around out of my or the wife's sight there is at least a half dozen other pairs of eyes making sure he and any other kid is OK. Heck for the most part we're all a bunch of kids anyway.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
What is this Dirtweek you speak of? ;)

I had to promise the ex last year that after taking the kid out of school for a week the past three years that I wouldn't do it this year, I'm thinking she can only miss 4 days of school :nener:
Not sure which day I'll arrive but I do plan on being there. If I can't make it up early this year perhaps Patman can stop by my house on the way up and pick up the sound system so it'll be there as soon as possible. That is if you need it again this year.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Jeff Gilbert said:
If I can't make it up early this year perhaps Patman can stop by my house on the way up and pick up the sound system so it'll be there as soon as possible.
Geez Jeff it's sooo far out of my way :laugh:
:cool: :cool:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Dates are blocked out on the calender at work. I'll quit if they try to keep me from going.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
husky2kawi said:
How many "learning/beginner" women go?

If all goes well my wife will be there and she is still a beginner.

I imagine we are all still learning. If your wife is like mine she doesn't like falling over in front of a bunch of poeple. :ohmy:

Last edited:

jaction125

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2003
I'm really trying to make it this year, even though I've never met any of ya's. I NEED to get off my dead butt and get my bike straight first. I will be bringing my non-riding GF, hopefully there will be something for her to do while we're there.

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Jaction -

Give us 15 min, you will know more people than you will know what to do with! Also, there will be plenty of non riding "friends" everywhere. Me included. You can find me under the Big Top when you "Check in" at Dirtweek...Hope to see you both there!

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
If Da Rat and Bundster are in, I'll try to tag along. That way the medics will have someting to do :coocoo:

tnrider

Sponsoring Member
Jun 8, 2003
If no parts fall off of me between now and DW05, i plan to be there with at least my son (I need someone to wash the bikes). I already have the "ok" from the "boss" to pull him out of school for the week - after all, i understand that DW is very educational with people from around the country - its a cultural experience!!! :laugh:

Will be coming across from East TN - perhaps can meet up with ChopperDave and we can have a convoy across I40...

How difficult is it to tent camp at DW? Unless i run into some extra $$ or someone gives me a camper - we will be in a tent or the bike trailer for the week. How much food / cooking type stuff do i need to bring or is it available. Perhaps i should be asking where the nearest hotel is located (with hot tub and massage therapist...)

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If you are considering a hotel it would be good to book it SOON. They tend to fill up quickly when there are home games in Stillwater.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
tnrider said:
Will be coming across from East TN - perhaps can meet up with ChopperDave and we can have a convoy across I40...

We are planning on leaving early Monday the 10th of Oct. Gonna go all the way there that day. Let me know when you are going and we will try to work it out. Maybe you guys could leave on Sunday and spend the night at our place, that way it wouldn't be such a long drive for you. We could throw a shrimp on the barbi! We will be tenting it also. Although I am looking into camper rental prices. The thought of a whole week of riding and sleeping in a tent each night.... Or standing in line for an hour to take a shower.... :fft:
(I don't know what the shower situation is like) :uh:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Farmer John said:
no Creed CD's, though.
got one burned into my memory :bang:

"What's this life for?" :)

I'm pretty sure I'm in. Missed it last year and I got to get back. I may or may not have a visitor with me. "Hey, is that you?" :) :)

Probably leave the 'Ham sometime on Tuesday and stay through Sunday.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Tent Camping: Guys, I have done all but one DW in a tent. Back in Casey, there was segregation. Tents in one area, and RVs in another. It was kinda cool back in the tent community or slums as they were reffered to. Anyway, things are fine in a tent. You'll be so tired you'd just sleep on the ground if you had too.

Usually, groups of guys go in and rent a hotel room to run into town for showers. Believe this though: If you don't camp you won't get the full experience.

ChopperDave

It's been awhile...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 1, 2004
I checked the football schedule for the OSU-Stillwater Cowboys-
They have a home game on the 8th of Oct.,
and they will be away/at Texas A&M on the 15th.

This might help some folks with hotel reservations.

BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
The only way I'm gonna miss it is if there is a major problem with moving my momo out this summer, otherwise I'm there all week!! ( been thinking about it since last year :) )

XR3J

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 7, 2001
Unless something drastic happens, I'll be there for the whole week again, and my wife and girls will join me Wednesday or Thursday.
Jerry

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
nikki said:
Planning on it, but we decide everything last minute. Probably arriving Wednesday or Thursday as vacation days might be a little short come October.

Same with the Michigan crew. We may make it by late Wednesday if we can come I have to heal up enuff to ride first from neck surgery, then I godda practice on my sic new KLX 110 because I wanna lay some serious lap times down on it (is there a super senior class for the mini bikes -age 50+???)and be there for the team HS. (Which I hope is Thursday) My speed and stamina is going to suck this year after being off the bike for 6 months in recovery but oh well, it''s still all for fun. I wanna mooch some of Vintages salsa too. :cool:

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
I missed last year (Friggin AUDITS KILL MY SOCIAL LIFE!!!!) so I'ma gonna try this year!

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
I should be there. I took two non-riders last year that had a blast just for the one day. This year they are both riders and really wanting to go. The only thing that would stop me is lack of income.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I'll be there with my Twin in tow, I'm trying to get some other people to tag along, but we well see

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom