I'll be at DirtWeek!

• Total voters

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
May just happen, Lil Elkster (7 year old) will be going and my mom as a baby sitter. Things I gots to do to make it to DW!

JuliusPleaser

Too much of a good thing.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 22, 2000
a454elk said:
May just happen, Lil Elkster (7 year old) will be going and my mom as a baby sitter. Things I gots to do to make it to DW!
Which one of you is Mom supposed to be watching?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Zip it mister

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Hey Carlo, can you introduce me to your mom?

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Loss for words......

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
Well never mind then. I was just trying to be cordial.

Joe Diver

N. Texas SP
Mar 21, 2005
Okay...I've got my vacation request in and it shouldn't be an issue getting the time off. I'm also working on my group of friends to get them to come along. I'm 99% sure I'lll make it...and if I have to come alone, looks like I have a space in a GP medium to lay out my cot! :ride:

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
KSP-you had better show up or we'll be pissed!

whoever asked about keeping food cold if you are tenting--we use coolers, between the three of us there's at least one for food and one for beverages, sometimes a third one. No big deal, ice is cheap. We bring a grill, and use that for most of the meals. If you get creative, there are lots of different things that can be made fairly easily.

Otherwise, Steve, Jake, and myself plan on attending but of course it isn't written in stone yet.

Motohead--I can relate to your situation. I've been doing more street bike stuff lately myself, although today I did my first 2 hr scrambles in about five years (and i'm so tired I can barely type).

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Those that use coolers might consider using dry ice in one cooler to use as a deep freezer. Then just transfer stuff a day in advance to the ice cooler to thaw out. I've had five pounds of dry ice last 3 days in an old steel belted Coleman cooler I have and everything in it stayed frozen rock solid. The trick is to keep the dry ice cooler closed as much as possible and wrapp the dry ice in several layers of newspaper. Getting it in a single chunk is also very helpful.

Farmer John

T.C.F.<br>(tire changin' fool)
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 8, 2000
If you plan on using coolers for your beer, you might want to make sure the hinges are well oiled so you get a good nights sleep.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Farmer John said:
If you plan on using coolers for your beer, you might want to make sure the hinges are well oiled so you get a good nights sleep.
:nod: :cool:

slo' mo

slower than slow...
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Missed last year and spent the next 6 months in isolation moping about it. Not again. Still be riding the same POS but it's always been faster than I care to go.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
At 15 years old, my Daughter has contracted ABD (Addiction to Dirt Bikes), so we will have 3 in the camper this year. And she makes killer samiches. :nod:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
The return of Slo'mo! SWEETNESS!!!

David Bird

Jun 28, 2003
After seeing the clash of the Titans, who could stay away? :cool: Was it Bling that had the monkey on his back??? I want to hit that event just for the marshmallows every lap. I'm working on gaining a little weight so I qualify. I've convinced a few of my friends to go this year as well. I have three guys that work with me at Tinker that are coming out, one of them is bringing his family. I also have a friend coming from NJ, he's breaking down his bike & putting it into his BMW just to get out here. I'm sure he's not the first. I also have a friend coming out from Northern Cali. Everyone is committed. I'm even going to buy the wife a pit bike so she'll have something to do out there! Has anyone heard from the helmet-cam guy? Dirt-week rocks!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
David Bird said:
I also have a friend coming from NJ, he's breaking down his bike & putting it into his BMW just to get out here.

Where in NJ is he coming from?

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
David Bird said:
I also have a friend coming from NJ, he's breaking down his bike & putting it into his BMW just to get out here. I'm sure he's not the first.

You mean like this:

Attachments

• NeonSpode3.jpg
    NeonSpode3.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 50
  • NeonSpode4.jpg
    NeonSpode4.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 48

_SOLO_

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 15, 2000
I'm trying to make it work this year. Hopefully it will work out so that I can show up with a new bike and truck.

DougRoost

~SPONSOR~
May 3, 2001
I'm in for sure; wouldn't miss the chance to hang with such a great group of people and ride, ride, ride. We'll have to see what those dates mean with my kids' schedules but I'd sure like to bring at least one of them, too.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom