Votes: 40 34.8%

• Total voters

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
I'll try this again........
This is not meant to be a slam-fest. Not a poll of "who will win?"
Just your pick of a personal favorite and why?

My pick:
RC

Why?:
Work ethic, determination, dicipline, attitude, history, and public relations.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
And if neither are my "favorite" ?

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
I like them both.

RC for his work ethic, his determination and his ability to proove his has become one of the best riders in the world.

JS for his attitude, that smile he has is infectious, for his balls out fast as hell speed, and for his abilty to respect the fact that he will have to take a little more time to proove that he is also one of the best riders in the world. ( and is doing that)

this thread should include many others because these two are only two of the current riders.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
i liked rc when everyone hated him (just ask pred). now that everyone has jumped on his bandwagon and directed that hate to stewart, i root for james.

next year, when stewart starts winning every race and his bandwagon gets overloaded, i'll find someone else to root for.

Apr 14, 2005
I definetly pull for Bubba, only because I'm tired of seeing Charmichael win. I watched RC dethrone McGrath years ago, and now I'm ready to see Bubba dethrone Ricky. It's going to happen, it's just a matter of when.

Now don't get me wrong, I like RC and all. He's phenominal. I loved him when he was on a KX125 back in the day. He and Bubba are on a TOTALLY different level then any other rider, even reed.

Cr85RaCeR607

Aug 13, 2004
Bubba...because he brought a style to motocross no one comes close to, and he opted to ride a 125 agaist alll of the 250F's when he was in the 125 class.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Work ethic, determination, dicipline, attitude, history, and public relations.
.........Suzuki

One person who I no longer give a shat about? MC. What a move on Stewart??? People could have gotten hurt. Did the TIVO slow-forward thing. He had his front wheel vector aimed directly at Stewart's axle. If I had the talent of Stewart, I might have used my bike to knock his ass into the 10th row, sans cranium. Ignorant. :| To see a so-called 'champ' behave this way.....

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
between just these two...RC

And that punt by MC was sweet payback for Stewarts bone headedness last week

Reed, MC, Rocket & Windham are my favorites, it's just the way they ride

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004
just a little hesitant to be a js fan , he was on the verge of being a cocky shiat on the heat race podium last night, and when rc retires i have a feeling he will let his true feelings(cockiness) show, at which time he will never gain any respect here.

rodH

Aug 17, 2005
nephron said:
.........Suzuki

One person who I no longer give a shat about? MC. What a move on Stewart??? People could have gotten hurt. Did the TIVO slow-forward thing. He had his front wheel vector aimed directly at Stewart's axle. If I had the talent of Stewart, I might have used my bike to knock his ass into the 10th row, sans cranium. Ignorant. :| To see a so-called 'champ' behave this way.....

Pay back is a Bitch, next time don't pin a 7x champ (that has LET you by in EVERY other race and has been MORE than curteous!!!!)) in a corner and make him crash (don't forget MC has been racing well this year as well).

rodH

Aug 17, 2005
ellandoh said:
just a little hesitant to be a js fan , he was on the verge of being a cocky shiat on the heat race podium last night, and when rc retires i have a feeling he will let his true feelings(cockiness) show, at which time he will never gain any respect here.

ya, the whole "thats what I'm talking about" attitude, I am not a big fan of, I like how humble MC is. Same reason I like Jerry Rice and cn't stand Terrell Owens.

funktree

~SPONSOR~
Jul 21, 2001
I am a fan of both, I do my best to seperate the man from the riding. I dislike stewarts interviews for the cockiness and I dislike RC's for having 2 scripts to his interviews, the "I won speech" and the "gotta give credit to whoever did win this week speech" But I am equal fans of their riding. James is just so damned fast when he is on, and he seems to be on more and more as he gets older. Ricky has to be the most innovative rider I've ever seen, you don't notice it so much on TV but when you watch the guy up close in person at a nat or sx he is doing little things all over the track that are unbelievable, like finding the 3 inches of track that make a line possible.

rodH

Aug 17, 2005
Okiewan said:
"That's what I'm talkin 'bout" was worse than RC throwing his helmet down a start straight and cursing on National TV? "yeah MF'er!!"

Funny what bothers us and what doesn't.

Ya, that was a little surpring coming from RC. I think he has stepped up his "talking game" since Bubba has laid his attitude out there. I hope this crap doesn't continue.

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
I like them both because they are making history and bringing the sport to life.

I'd like to see RC take one more championship before he retires, but I want it to be close. JS is going to be the name to beat for years to come and I think CR is going to be runner up for years to come.

I'd like to see Villopoto stay healthy, gain some experience in the lites, and mix it up when he makes the move to the big bikes.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
There seem to be many that don't remember an earlier version of RC, that when his ass was handed to him by MC, he had every 'excuse' in the book...in the EXACT position Stewart is in now. "My bike was..." "The track was..." :blah: --and I like RC. But let's look at what's happening now. Firstly, Stewart's always got a smile on his face, no pouting, etc. when he loses because his front end is set up like a stiff chopper. (Like a pro of his caliber, perhaps the best ever, washes his front end out 3 times in a row because he's got his head up his ass.. :rotfl: ) ---Doesn't mention the mechanical issue. It takes his mechanic to step up and take the blame for that, issuing the corrections, etc. Now he beats RC, and RC says "he's having fun". My first thought is that RC wouldn't be having too much fun if he was 11 points behind, instead of ahead. What you'd be seeing is a more irritable version of "Mr. having fun". Look for a more nerve-racked and 'short-tempered' guy as time goes on this year.

The other thing that's obvious is Tedesco needs removed from the track, fined or both, before he puts Reed out for the rest of the season. Too bad Tedesco isn't fast enough to take JS out, eh? Is this personal, or a 'Team' thing?

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Pay back is a Bitch, next time don't pin a 7x champ (that has LET you by in EVERY other race and has been MORE than curteous!!!!)) in a corner and make him crash (don't forget MC has been racing well this year as well).

Yeah, yeah, yeah....everyone loves MC, the '7xchamp'. I did as well. Problem is, Stewart washed up into him for previously stated reasons (was obviously a mistake), and MC pushed him off the track after using him as a berm/tuffblock. I can prove it to you that it's tougher for a kid to keep his mouth shut in the press conference/on the podium than it is for an experienced 'champ' to push said kid off the track. ;)

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
XRpredator said:
you pick number three, like I did. :boss:

Gee wiz..........I wonder who added option #3 to the voting? :think: My thought when starting this pole was, with all the strong opinions about these 2 front runners......let's find out why. In my opionion, if neither is your favorite, don't vote. I meant to keep this from being negative, or avoiding the blah, blah, blah of what we don't like........there's enough of that going around already.

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
XRpredator said:
you pick number three, like I did. :boss:

I pick 92.

Solid State

Mar 9, 2001
Throwing his helmet was kinda dorky, but do you think it's even in the same league as the SPRINKLER??!!

Just like the old Bubba came back last week, you know he's gonna uncork that nonsense when the time comes.

Top Bottom