• Carmichael...and why?

Votes: 75 65.2%
  • Stewart...and why?

Votes: 40 34.8%

• Total voters

Tony Williams

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2000
I'd like to see RC pull off the 2006 SX and MX championships AND RETIRE completely.

Bubbles will get many years of non stop wins (probably even perfect seasons). I don't see anybody to challenge him, and RC is already in his twilight rides. He knows, even said so at Anaheim... that he didn't know if this was his last visit or not.

I also think Reed has peaked, and Windham, though extemely talented, is past his peek.

The first time I saw Bubbles was at San Diego, when he was a brand new 16 year old Pro. I was in the first handful of rows of seats, and watching him put that KX125 through the whoops was AWESOME compared to his competition. I knew he'd be the next big thing (well, there was lots of hype, but I was convinced then).

Unfortunately, this may be the last really good racing year for a very long time. It'll be as boring as watching RC do weekly 1/1 MX motos, with nobody within gunshot distance behind him.

Enjoy them both, me hardies, while you can !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
Iam a JS fan but love both guys for the respect they maintain between each other and the respect for the sport. As far as MC is concerned i lost the respect that i had for him after the way he acted in san diego, i could not believe a 7 time sx champ, only racing part time would stoop so low.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Red Mamba said:
As far as MC is concerned i lost the respect that i had for him after the way he acted in san diego, i could not believe a 7 time sx champ, only racing part time would stoop so low.

So, what would be your take on Tedesco vs Reed, same heat, same move? , did ya lose repect for Tedesco also ?, racing part time makes no matter, you can get just as hurt.

Red Mamba

Feb 5, 2006
JPIVEY said:
So, what would be your take on Tedesco vs Reed, same heat, same move? , did ya lose repect for Tedesco also ?, racing part time makes no matter, you can get just as hurt.
MC has always been a class act and not the guy you would expect to retariate, and being part time means he has no championiship to gain or loose and i really wonder what he gained by retalliating from the past incident.

JPIVEY

Sponsoring Member<br>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 9, 2001
Red Mamba said:
being part time means he has no championiship to gain or loose

See, that's what I'm saying about Stewart, MC is not in the mix, so why make a move on him that ended up taking you both out, MC just wanted to stay in the top 10 OA, that bonehead move by Stewart knocked him down to a 16th place finish, were he would have easily been inside the ten spot

Red Mamba said:
and i really wonder what he gained by retalliating from the past incident.

There was nothing to gain, just making a point

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas

john3_16

May 17, 2004
Red Mamba said:
MC has always been a class act and not the guy you would expect to retariate, and being part time means he has no championiship to gain or loose and i really wonder what he gained by retalliating from the past incident.

MC had his position to lose...And MC had every right to race JS for his position..But he clearly moved over respecting JS position as championship contender.

What did Bubba have to gain by knocking someone down that just moved over for him ?

Two sides to this equation...

CamDayKX125(4)

Uhhh...
Jan 20, 2006
from what ive heard from a few other guys and adults, mc has a reputation for being pretty tough. ive heard that if he gets just a little mad, hell take you out.

rodH

Aug 17, 2005
from what ive heard from a few other guys and adults, JS has a reputation for being pretty reckless. ive heard that if he gets just a little behind and is trying to catch the leader, hell take you out.

Touche

btw, I don't want to see MC retire, even if I am an MC fan and JS starts beating him almost every week. It would be so booooooring if that were the case (like the past). This is exciting stuff to watch. Plus, MC still has outdoors, where he is a better rider than supercross.

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
nephron said:
One person who I no longer give a shat about? MC. What a move on Stewart??? People could have gotten hurt. Did the TIVO slow-forward thing. He had his front wheel vector aimed directly at Stewart's axle. If I had the talent of Stewart, I might have used my bike to knock his ass into the 10th row, sans cranium. Ignorant. :| To see a so-called 'champ' behave this way.....

nephron said:
The other thing that's obvious is Tedesco needs removed from the track, fined or both, before he puts Reed out for the rest of the season. Too bad Tedesco isn't fast enough to take JS out, eh? Is this personal, or a 'Team' thing?

nephron said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah....everyone loves MC, the '7xchamp'. I did as well. Problem is, Stewart washed up into him for previously stated reasons (was obviously a mistake), and MC pushed him off the track after using him as a berm/tuffblock.

Maybe you should just watch reruns of Who's the Boss :think:

First you say that "Whoever punted who should be skinned alive" (paraphrasing), then you say that "If I had the talent of Stewart, I might have used my bike to knock his ass into the 10th row, sans cranium."

Tedesco fined? What? Really? He's right behind CR in speed, and if Reed isn't careful, it'll be the other way around. Tedesco has just as much right to this title as anyone else. I wish Tedesco would punt Reed off the track so bad that Reed gets a fire lit up under his ass and battles with RC and JS.

Ryan

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
If I had the talent of Stewart, I might have used my bike to knock his ass into the 10th row, sans cranium."

Carefully chosen words. I thought about 'would', but used 'might', because I 'wouldn't' have. Stewart had the chance. He didn't. And that's the point.

nephron

Dr. Feel Good
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 15, 2001
Ryone--ya bummin' because you know your cuz Andrew Short isn't gonna ever come within a lap of Stewart in the next 15 years? :nener:

Awe, just kidding. I like Short a whole hell of a lot, and like the Springs better. Maybe we should go riding sometime? I'm being serious. I go to Colorado Springs quite a bit, and I'm looking for someone to meet me in Pueblo for a ride sometime. Let's not take this stuff too seriously---especially considering that maybe an engineer and a doctor can get together and ride with the young'un's.

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
nephron said:
Ryone--ya bummin' because you know your cuz Andrew Short isn't gonna ever come within a lap of Stewart in the next 15 years? :nener:

Awe, just kidding. I like Short a whole hell of a lot, and like the Springs better. Maybe we should go riding sometime? I'm being serious. I go to Colorado Springs quite a bit, and I'm looking for someone to meet me in Pueblo for a ride sometime. Let's not take this stuff too seriously---especially considering that maybe an engineer and a doctor can get together and ride with the young'un's.
:nener: yeah, Shorty is obviously a favorite of mine since he's from around here.
Sign me up! I try to hit Aztec every weekend I'm here. I've only ridden Pueblo a couple of times, but it's a fun ride because there's so much area.
As far as an "engineer and a doctor getting together to ride with the young'un's"... I'm only 26... that's still young right? Either way, young or "old", they usually have no problem passing me :(

Ryan

Ryone

Jun 18, 2004
Okiewan said:
Gotta love the springs ... lived there from 80-82 (yeah, Army). Loved it. Lived at 8th and Cheynne (sp?) Mt. Blvd.
Fort Carson I'm guessing?

The Springs is a great place... once they get the traffice handled it'll be better. But man, sometimes this place is a sausage-fest. :bang:

towlie

Jun 5, 2005
IMO MC's not out there to be nice and friendly. He wants to know where he stands in the pack, and let's not forget that it was a heat race and no points were at stake.

Do Ya'll remember when KW lost points for this behavior? I suppose it was because he plainly admitted spite but I don't recall it being any worse.

DTBW619

Feb 16, 2006
Between Carmicheal and Stewart I gotta go with Bubba, it took Ricky a long time to reach the level of professionalism and respect that James is showing this year. As far as speed goes, if James rides to his potential Ricky doesn't have a prayer, but James crashes a lot. Everyone slamming on MC shows a serious lack of respect for the sport. Without McGrath MX and SX would still be in the dark ages as far as the general public is concerned. I feel that if Jeremy wants to get in there in the first turn and squeeze somebody out then he has as much right as anyone else, Bubba could have backed off and avoided his off track excursion.

Sandjunky

Feb 3, 2004
DTBW619 said:
Bubba could have backed off and avoided his off track excursion.
You're kidding right? Bubba never saw that coming (he didn't even know who did it) and you think that backing off would have avoided it. Backing off at the start is a poor strategy for winning races. :coocoo:

Vic

***** freak.
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 5, 2000
Sandjunky said:
Backing off at the start is a poor strategy for winning races. :coocoo:

So is going off the track. :)

Anssi

May 20, 2001
Sandjunky said:
Bubba never saw that coming (he didn't even know who did it) and you think that backing off would have avoided it.

He'd better know if somebody's cutting to the inside when he leaves the door open. IMHO he believed nobody would have the balls to barge in on him.

Top Bottom