Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I think most of you are giong for the whole week of DW. I am going to be heading up on that Wed. and staying through the end. If any of you or your family/ friends needs a ride to Cooperland in the middle of the week let me know. Also, should you forget something and need it with you let me know and I'll be more than glad to pick something up on my way through Dallas. :thumb: I'll have plenty of room in my SUV as well as my 5x8 trailer. So even if you run out of room for your extra bike(s) I can squeeze two more on the trailer w/ mine. In case you want/ need them my e-mail addy is cjfarmer1@netzero.net and my cell phone number is 512-940-0289. Leave a message if I don't answer. You can let me know at the last minute even... :)

SATxMotoX

Sponsoring Member
Feb 6, 2001
Green Horn,

Interested in 1-2 passengers to help pass the time?

I'm pretty sure that I'm going and was planning to leave/come back the same days you are...I've also got a buddy I'm trying to convince to go but he's undecided at this point.

I'll just be hauling a bike/gear/beer and would be willing to drive should there be a need for a bigger sport ute (I have a Surburban). Regardless, I'll obviously split the gas/other driving expenses...

Before you take the plunge and commit to 16 hours of driving with a complete stranger I'd suggest we get together and have a ride...I've been wanting to check out some of the Austin area tracks (I've heard Creekside and the other Bastrop track are pretty cool) or, if you don't MX, hit some trails somewhere. Just let me know...

Cell # is 210-288-3137

Take it easy...

Chris

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
16 hrs?? How far are we going and where would you be taking me? LOL Should only be about 6-8 hrs up to Stillwater, OK. I'm all for the get together and ride thing too. Although I'll warn you that I am not one for the MX tracks. There are a few track/ trail areas around Austin here. I'll get ahold of you in the next couple of weeks and maybe we can figure something out. I've got to get the forks back on my bike and do a few other odds and ends to it to make it ready for riding again. :)

SATxMotoX

Sponsoring Member
Feb 6, 2001
16 hours accounted for the return trip as well...although if you have preconceived notions of a one way ticket for me then I can see where you'd get the 6-8 hours part! ;)

Let me know...I usually need a few days notice to plan around my weekends and I'm more than willing to do some H/S or Woodsy type riding...been meaning to try some of that anywhooo.

Have fun with the forks...talk to you in a few weeks.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Originally posted by SATxMotoX
16 hours accounted for the return trip as well...although if you have preconceived notions of a one way ticket for me then I can see where you'd get the 6-8 hours part! ;)

Ah, I wasn't taking in the fact of the return trip. Not that you wouldn't be welcome to a ride back but more that after the first 6 hrs and 4 days of riding, we couldn't possibly be strangers anymore. :laugh: I'll be sendin' ya a PM in a couple of weeks. We could even meet up at Cycle Ranch in SA too. Never been there and I've heard they have a few little trails around. I'll even go make a fool of myself on the track if no one's looking. :)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Guys, I made it last year in 8 hours from Waco in a 33' RV pulling a 16' trailer. The trip involved a blowout a few miles outside of Denton where I met up with Tony Eeds, made my way to a tire store and waited an hour for that. After that it was over to TX246's house to pick up Blackhawk468 and her bike. Once on the road we stopped 2 more times for gas & food. The drive is a peice of cake. ;)

SATxMotoX

Sponsoring Member
Feb 6, 2001
Jeff,

Works for me...thanks for the info.

Speaking of the drive...Green, what time are you planning on taking off from Austin? Specifically, what time are you planning on arriving in OK? I need to register for DW03 and need to know if we'll be there before 4pm on Wednesday. If so, it's 4 days vs. 3. Not a big deal either way...

Mucho grassy a$$

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
I registered for 3 days and plan to get there after 4pm on Wed. I would like to leave around 10-11am that Wed. as to get north of Big D before the traffic rush hits. Leaving at 11am from where I live would put us in Dallas around 2 or so. I am pretty flexible though if we need to make some changes. The only thing I'll ask to make things easier is if you could meet me/ us in Austin. You're more than welcome to park your Land Yacht at my house if we decide to take another vehicle. Another member (Patman) is also planning to leave the same day. I am currently seeing what his plans are for sure though. Either way I'll let you know what's going on with that and we can all work out the details together. Fair enough?? :)

SATxMotoX

Sponsoring Member
Feb 6, 2001
That time table works great for me...

As for the land yacht, she prefers to go by UAV (Urban Assault Vehicle)... :laugh:

Also, no problem meeting in Austin...was planning on it anywhoo. :thumb:

Later bro...gotta get back to balancing the department's budget for next year!

Adios.

Green Horn

aka Chip Carbone
N. Texas SP
Jun 20, 1999
Chris,

I haven't forgot about ya. Just been busy being lazy. :eek: I'd still like to get together before DW and also finalize some plans for an Austin Caravan. And yes, I know I'm running short on time. Maybe we could even meet for a burger and a beer in a week or so? Later Dude...

SATxMotoX

Sponsoring Member
Feb 6, 2001
Chris,

No sweat bud...I understand how it goes. I've had the bike apart doing minor work for 2 weeks now and haven't done much more than look at it and think I really ought to work on it sometime soon...

Bugers/beers always work for me...I'm pretty free next weekend (like the 12th/13th) so just let me kwno what works bro...

Later.

Top Bottom