TJC510

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 22, 2006
Who's going? i had a blast there last year. ill be there sunday, as ill be at the enduro in indiana on saturday.
im only taking my KTM, running 2 classes, 25+ and the enduro class, maybe Open B if i feel up to it. hopefully is doesn't rain or snow like it did last year toward the end of the day.

from the promoter: this year’s track has been completely redesigned to take further advantage of the terrain, the 3/10 mile uphill is still part of the track. Still uses the 1 35 minute moto format.

class schedule
http://bajaacres.com/images/2010-glmxgpschedule.jpg

racerx article
http://www.racerxonline.com/article/the-second-annual-great-lakes-grand-prix.aspx

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
I will be there spectating - wish I was ready to ride it...but am not.

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Here is an email I got about it a few days ago. Back in July I spectated at a "pre-ride" party operator of the Otsego Club put on - the course will be fantastic, with some new fun stuff. Great event for spectating - climb on the chair lift and check out the race action below!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

ITS ON!!!! FIRE UP WOODSIES!!!!!!!

The Second Annual Great Lakes Grand Prix

http://www.racerxonline.com/images/temp/blank_avatar50.gif

Sep 21 2010 2:58PM

Gaylord, MI – Returning to the ski slopes of the Otsego Club and Resort in Gaylord, Michigan, the 2nd Annual Great Lakes Grand Prix (GLGP) will once again set the stage for a battle of disciplines, when Enduro and Motocross racers face off during the first weekend of October, 1st - 3rd.

Last year marked the inaugural event when the 1,100 acre, 4-seasons facility partnered with Michigan-based motocross promoter Baja Acres to create an event that was not only fun, but also completely different from any other motocross or enduro race in the region. The GP style track featured a 3.5 mile course that wound around various ski runs, most notably a 3/10 mile climb that has become a cornerstone of the racing event.

"Racers love the fact that they can hang it out on the uphill section, tapping out their 450’s for over 20 seconds before reaching the top", says GLGP promoter Patrick Grzebinski.

Patrick went on to say that while this year’s track design has been completely redesigned to take further advantage of the variable terrain, the infamous 3/10 mile uphill section (which is coincidentally the largest vertical distance in Michigan’s Lower Peninsula) is still part of the track. He also said that more woods and split-sections have been added as a result of "whiney enduro and hair scramble riders who got their butts handed to them last year by the motocross racers". Joking aside, Patrick said that the track changes would make for a more fun track, as well as options for riders with different riding styles.

Aside from the racing, the Otsego Club and Resort will also host a variety of spectator-friendly events, as well as live entertainment in the evenings. On Friday night, things will kick off with live music at the GLGP Pre-Party inside the Sitzmark Lounge, located on the West end of the Main Lodge, overlooking the track in the valley below. Following some great racing on Saturday, guests will enjoy even more exciting activities during the "Get Bombed" post-race festival, which includes: novelty events like the Water Balloon Bomb, skateboarding in the O Park 30 foot mini-bowl, the Mandingo Pickles after-party in the main lodge, and more.

New for this year, the Otsego Club will host the ODO Last Man Standing Dodgeball Tournament. "If you can dodge a wrench, then you can dodge a ball" chuckles Patrick. The tournament is said to be based off of the movie "Dodgeball" staring Vince Vaughn and Ben Stiller, and will consist of 5-man teams, tournament commentating, official ODO referees, and will take place on the fenced-in tennis courts adjacent to the Main Lodge.

Patrick concluded by saying, "All racers love competition, and if at the end of the day the motocross and enduro riders can’t settle it on the track, then they can pull a group of friends together and whip dodge balls at opposing teams for final bragging rights!"

Check out last year’s 250A and 450A champion Jerry Lorenz as he races a lap around the Otsego Club in the video below, or click here to view on YouTube. For more event info, click here.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
I'll be headed up there. I'm going to run the 14-24 class and open C. Hopefully I can get some seat time before then!

bk232

Feb 23, 2010
Ill be there. Upland on Saturday. GP on sunday. Raced it last year and it was an absolute blast. Had an ear to ear grin the whole time out there. Going to ride every possible class I can.
I highly recommended event to everyone. I will never miss it.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
KTM Mike said:
He also said that more woods and split-sections have been added as a result of "whiney enduro and hair scramble riders who got their butts handed to them last year by the motocross racers".

The Baja guy must be talking about the Enduro guys. I know the HS guys did real well - 3 of them won there class. Plus HS guys do not whine.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Yeah, those whiny Enduro guys anyway-I've been busting out my MX skilz now.

Attachments

• Polka Dots MX.jpg
    Polka Dots MX.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 344

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Braaaap!

Attachments

• Sandbox Sept 2010 014.jpeg.2.jpg
    Sandbox Sept 2010 014.jpeg.2.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 290
  • Sandbox Sept 2010.drn.jpg
    Sandbox Sept 2010.drn.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 288

ws6transam

Nov 17, 2005
I wish!! Hillies scare the willies outta me for some reason. It's a vestige of the last time I did a combo event like that: An enduro that ran part of the MX course, but in reverse.... no one told me that the doubles weren't symmetrical, but were ramp-shaped, so on lap # 3 I took the "leap of faith" and neary split my IT250 in two on top of an official who was standing on the side of the track... eeep! Twenty years ago, and I'm still scarred... How do I overcome?? How do I conquer my fear??? It sure looks like a great skill and a thrill, but still---

Soldier on, Fred! I envy ya!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Jordan414 said:
Fred you look like chad reed

OUCH! Chaode!! C'mon!! Waiting for my AMA-AARP-MX CARD IN THE MAIL! :nod:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
09oneL said:
The Baja guy must be talking about the Enduro guys. I know the HS guys did real well - 3 of them won there class. Plus HS guys do not whine.

Nah...thats more likely from when I was at the pre-ride/party in July, and I kept telling Jason he needed some real woods sections to level the playing field for the enduro guys - and scare the crap outta any MXer without barkbusters!. :nener:

Yam7M

Mi. Trail Riders
Jun 3, 2008
Go get 'em DRN boys. Show those MX'rs who need to powerspray their bikes between motos how it's done. Sounds like a blast! Enjoy!

nzambon

Apr 19, 2003
:whoa: OH-AH last year those MX boys owned that place and got the chicksand the prize money. Freddy do you side hill as well as you jump

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Vet Sport and probably big boy class.

Raced it last year. Easily the best race I have been to. Just too much fun having wood sections AND WFO on a 450 for 25-30 Seconds.

Wolverine423

~SPONSOR~
Oct 2, 2005
4 lane hi-way. Gonna save my van and race my Rhino with a snow plow blade. :cool:

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Pic 1 is at Polka Dots, 2-3 is sandbox MX.

Tom Dixon

Farmer Tom = Face Planter
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 15, 2001
Just showed up to the Otsego Club. There are a lot of people here already! Looks like its going to be another stellar event.

09oneL

Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 7, 2008
Tom,

I saw you at the starting line on Saturday and should have introduced myself - sorry pre race jitters I guess (I was on the all white KTM 300 #354).

You are the larger fellow on the Honda?

A lot more competition on Saturday than Sunday.

I did see Bruno on Sunday.

I really had a ton of fun, It was indeed the event of the year for me.

Unfortunately you could have driven DW's van through the woods with the mirrors on.

Top Bottom