Grinding Concrete Floor Experience

fhweec

Dec 7, 2022
I'm planning to paint my new shop concrete floor. There are some surface problems that concrete grinding should address. I did some research on the net and

know that a local company named Sunbelt Rental rents concrete grinding equipment. If you have done this to your shop floor I would like to hear from you. Good,

bad experience? Hints or suggestions? Any and all comments on the process. The surface finish of my concrete has some waves and areas where the surface is

not very smooth. I thought the surface finish should have been better but now I need to deal with what is there. I think the grinding process is the best solution or is

there something else I should look into?

fhweec

Dec 7, 2022
I'm planning to paint my new shop concrete floor. There are some surface problems that concrete grinding should address. I did some research on the net and

know that a local company named Sunbelt Rental rents concrete grinding equipment. If you have done this to your shop floor I would like to hear from you. Good,

bad experience? Hints or suggestions? Any and all comments on the process. The surface finish of my concrete has some waves and areas where the surface is

not very smooth. I thought the surface finish should have been better but now I need to deal with what is there. I think the grinding process is the best solution or is
concrete grinding boston
thanks for any help

EthelDiaz

Jul 16, 2023

Concrete grinding is an effective solution for addressing surface problems before painting a concrete floor.
Sunbelt Rental is a local company that rents concrete grinding equipment.
It's important to clean the floor thoroughly before grinding to remove dirt and contaminants.
Take proper safety precautions and wear protective gear during the grinding process.
Choose the right equipment based on the size and condition of your shop floor.
Start with a coarse grinding disk and gradually switch to finer grits for a smoother surface.
Consider patching any significant cracks or imperfections before grinding.
Test a small patch and choose a high-quality concrete floor paint for durability.
Follow the manufacturer's instructions for paint application, and apply multiple coats if needed.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom