Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
I'm again the president of Waco Eagles Motorcycle Club, this will be my 3rd year. Lots of things have happened since I took over 2 years ago, 1st off we are about 30k in debt now. Not a bad deal, it's just that after 74 years I figured it was time to buy a tractor. It was the 1st loan the club had gotten since 1948 so it was kind of a big deal to get it with no credit and no collateral :nod:

Our membership has doubled since I took over also, along with our race attendance. The track that for the most part was a pig trail may still be mostly hard pack but is wide & prepped for race days. We are beginning to draw members & racers from the DFW area, something that we've never been able to do before.

Looking back over the last couple of years, I guess if I had it to do all over again, I'd do it all the same. I get to ride about once a month but am at the track several times a week. Countless hours are spent keeping the place going with repairs & maintenance but the sacrifice is worth it when I see all the kids out there (young & old) playing in the dirt. I've made a lot of friends over the years, the kind that would help you bury a body after dark with no questions asked (well they might ask but they'd help dig the hole :) )

Only down side is that it takes so much time that I don't get the chance to hang out on DRN as much as I used to , kind of miss that. Oh well, it's not like Okie ever took me up on an invitation to go ride. :fft: Jay did though!

Just wanted to drop a line and check in with you guys. Hope everything is going your way.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Jeff Gilbert said:
Only down side is that it takes so much time that I don't get the chance to hang out on DRN as much as I used to , kind of miss that. Oh well, it's not like Okie ever took me up on an invitation to go ride. :fft: Jay did though!

good times, it was fun. i was looking at the pic's just the other day.

way to go with the track/club work. it's the guys like you that make it work.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I watched the vintage flat-trackers there a year ago, and it was awesome! Great racing. Those guys are frighteningly fast. Need to get down there again -- to watch.

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
Jeff

You are one of the good guys. Thanks for all that you do to keep the sport going. How good of a shot are you now with all of the boys chasing Haley? Dang, they grow up so fast.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
tx246 said:
Jeff

You are one of the good guys. Thanks for all that you do to keep the sport going. How good of a shot are you now with all of the boys chasing Haley? Dang, they grow up so fast.
I've been honing my sharp-shooting skills but I also bought her new a new truck last night. Now I need to sharpen my skills more than ever because the first shot has to count. I can't afford as much ammo now :bang:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Good to hear from you, Jeff. Good folks like you make good things happen, congrats with the success. Maybe we'll get a HS rode trip, farther south than Texas Stadium.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Jeff Gilbert said:
but I also bought her new a new truck last night.

what did you get her? kendall got a '66 short-wide chevy but she usually drives her mom's car.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
mx547 said:
what did you get her? kendall got a '66 short-wide chevy but she usually drives her mom's car.
I got a killer deal on an 07 Dodge truck with 2k miles. Nothing fancy, a short bed, regular cab, now power windows or doors but it's "pretty". Has a 318 in it. Her other car was a pos!

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Every time I drive through Robinson, I think about calling you.

It has been too long.

I'm President of TMTC, so my riding is limited as well.

Top Bottom