el presidente

Dec 21, 2000
i wanna say first off is that i hurt. if anyone has rode at Richland w/ me, dan, or jeff they know this gravel road i wrecked on. i didn't have my goggles on at the time, and i was trying to catch up w/ dan, he kicked up some gravel and hit my helmet, scared me and i closed my eyes. well i was halfway in a turn and when i opened my eyes i couldn't correct. i went up on a little rise beside the road, hit a culvert. the front tire didn't make it, flipped me over the bars, bike had to have went over me, it slid on the gravel road for about 25 feet, and i slid on grass, and then gravel for about 10 feet. i have road rash on my back, and my shoulders are pretty chewed up. thanks for caring guys.

rwcwoh

Mar 1, 2000
What kids will do for prescription drugs these days!! :p
I'm glad he is ok. I've had my bell rung hard a few times , and I'm still sharp as a tack! LOL

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
OleDrewBudd,

Since you can not afford to make it to the HM ride with the rest of the gang - you are welcome to come with Wendy & I down to Tennessee this week-end for the Spring ride at Lorretta Lynn's Ranch. All you have to do is get yourselves to Dayton, Ohio. Only $$ for you two would be entry fees for the ride. You are welcome to travel & stay with us in our RV free of charge. Wendy usually has more than enough food for everyone (just ask smb_racing). To earn your keep - you could drive the RV part of the way down to TN (cause i hate driving that thing).

Let us know.

This will give your wife a chance to ride with another female ttr rider. We leave Friday. Ride Saturday & Sunday. Return Sunday.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
yea Andrew, wendy is a great cook, very generous folks there.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
no he's never been up here for a ride, speaking of that you should really come up for a ride sometime kelvin ;)

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Be careful Jeff - I might just show up some day.

My buddy (from work) and i have been itching to go out on a good one day ride. Set a date. :cool:

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
I'm itching to get to wayne national when it finally opens, have you been there before kelvin? How long of a drive is it for ya? I've been several times to the one in nelsonville but haven't been to ironton yet, I'm wondering what the trails are like there.

Of course there's always richland, and you know where it's at. I'm not far from it, about 3 or 4 miles by road or a mile and a half by woods :)

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
I've ridden Wayne National at Nelsonville (usualy dorr run loop). Also, we will usually camp at Williams camp ground and run from there to Newstraitsville or Nelsonville. We usually ride the non-public portion of Richland Furnace. Never road the Ironton area. I've seen it on the map.

For us it's a little over 2 hours (around 140 miles) to Wayne National. Let us know when your next ride plans are.

We seem to ride at Hatfield-McCoy more than Wayne. How was your week-end there? We hade a terrefic time in Tennesse at Lorreta Lynn's. 21.5 mile loop. 17 mile of it was unforgiving (i felt real sorry for the guys without bark-busters) single track. Can you say exhausting!

Last edited:

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Wow! What a great day of riding! That place is Awesome!!! We ran into KTM Lou and my Buddy Joe met SPD and I there. We pretty much rode Everything with exception to a couple connector trails. We may have ridden them Too but I don't remember. 193 is a great trail. 30ft drop off's, cool creek crossings. The majority of the trails are pretty easy but the scenery is great. We were riding Way too fast towards the end but you just couldn't help it!! Dennis took some cool pictures. Hopefully they'll come out.

We're riding Wayne next week. Probably Wednesday. You're welcome to join us.

I'm definitlely going again. Hopefully Soon!

OleDrewBudd

Jul 3, 2001
Sorry I missed it... Glad you had a good time Bill!.....B/c it looked as if it might snow on you this past saturday.

Glad everything went well!

later...

Bill Hibbs

~SPONSOR~
Aug 25, 1999
Oh, there was snow! It melted away by Noon and it didn't effect the traction much, unless you got off the trail, that's another story :think: . The snow was stuck on the tree's and looked really cool. I'll try to put together a Ride report. There was a HUGE hill climb you would have liked. Up a big Strip mine pile. We watched a guy loop out his KTM LC4 about three times. I had to show him how it's done. :p

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
What a great time. Looking foward to going again. Only took about 41/2 hr to get there. Can you say 4th gera pinned on the way bavk. I think there was some 5th gear riding also. These guys said they was going to take it slow on the way back. I'd hate to see their fast riding. I got the pic to come out,not bad either for a cheap camera. I'm not sure how to load them. Well see about wed. Depends on the weather. Might be able to make it for a few hrs before work.

keith500r

Jul 27, 2001
are there some easier trails at this place, my girlfriend is just starting to ride, and I am wondering if there will be somewhere we can take it real easy until she gets the hang of it, (she's starting on a 95 xr200 we just bought :aj: ). by the time we get up there she will have the basics down, i just dont want to be overrun with "experts" trying to show off or something.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
what time are you guys going to be up there wednesday? I'm at work here in athens til around 1, so I could be up there around 2 depending on how long of a line there is to get permits.

KTM-Lew

Jan 26, 2002
Hey Bill, we actually only rode about half of the section at Bear Wallow. I seem to remember someone that was complaining about their bike being dirtier than everyone elses. I think my response was " you keep falling down, thats why its dirty. :scream: And then there was the sandbagger that rode in the back until it's time to go back to the truck, what was it he said, I'm whipped....... 17 miles and 4 minutes later we are back at the truck, me feeling like my hands had been beaten with a meat tenderizer. The only one with a lick of sense, SPD, was even drawn into the fray but came out unblemished. My Panoram reads--Ride Time 3hrs 11mins--Distance 67.28miles--Max Speed 153 mph.... :uh: thats 53 mph, it just felt like ahunert :eek: --Avg Speed 21.1 I rode about 36 miles , 30 with my damper post dangling uselessly, by myself. When I got back to the truck Bill, SPD and Joe were just about to go out, so I gased up and Bill helped me get the damper post back in place and we were off. It was a blast. No injury's and great riding. Can't wait to do it again. :)

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Dennis,

I like your attitude. After we went to HM for the first time (shortly after it opened) we saw little point in going to Wayne National.

Let me know when you guys are going again so i (and maybe some buddies) can tag along. I know your curiosity will probably get you to want to ride the other areas - but believe me, Bear Wallow is the best of the three. Go to Rock House after a rain - it makes it really interesting! ;)

SPD

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 20, 2001
Anybody want to make plans for a 3 day weekend? June or July? Thought about leaving fri morn and coming back sun eve. Camping or motel?

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
I'm in. Make it motel. We usually stay at the Super-8. You can walk to the Shooney's for breakfast then hop in the truck and be at the trailhead in five minutes.

Call me a softy - but it's nice to have a warm shower at night and a real bed to sleep in after riding all day.

I vote for leaving Thursday evening (after work for us guys that work normal shifts) and being able to ride first thin Friday morning.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
sounds like a good idea, I'd probably camp though. I hear chief logan state park is a good place to camp with nice facilities.

Top Bottom