YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
This weather is going to be the end of me. It snows, it melts, It snows, it melts.....STOP TEASING ME DANGITTT!!!!!!

If its gonna snow...then snow...If its gonna melt then melt...Mother nature needs to make up her mind, and quick. I dont know how much longer I am gonna make it without a real bonified ride on my X. Especially since I spend all weekend working on it getting it ready. I rode it about 100 yards around the yard today and it was about enough of a tease to drive me insane :bang:

Thank goodness the chicken is coming up. I dont know how much more of this "Family time" I can muster. I was forced into going to the Circus Saturday. OH... MY...GOD....That was boring. But I got to admit, the chick that was hanging upside down by a rope and doing all kinds of spinning tricks was very impressive. Gotta admire an atractive, physicaly fit women, that isn't afraid of a few rope burns :yikes:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
It's been driving us crazy too!! We've been riding at Zeeland MX, but looking forward to riding outdoors. First race of the year is supposed to be at Log Road this weekend. Wish we could go, but we have to save money for our property.

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
YZMAN400 said:
If its gonna snow...then snow...If its gonna melt then melt...Mother nature needs to make up her mind, and quick.
This is exactly why we have mother nature and not father nature. It is her prerogative to change her mind whenever she wants and for no logical reason whatsoever.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I feel your pain! My new dual sport puter came in and was defective and needs to be sent back. I was toying with the idea of robbing Jr's suspension off his 03 FE (Enduro version) and putting it on my bike with a spring switch from my 02 FX (Motor Cross version) to see if I like how they set up the valves. " There both 48mm WP" Before I send my forks out for re-valve job? But no dice on that idea, his bike has a larger dia. front axle & hub. I didn’t want to swap out all the guts just yet. But I still might in the future. My yard is in need of a good clean up, from a winters worth of doggy dumping exposed buy the melting snow. But that’s no go because the yard is a complete mud bogs. Watching super cross just wasn't getting it even though it was a good race. :bang: :coocoo:

Last edited:

katoom125

Apr 25, 2004
you do have a choice you know.
trelleborgs or screws in the tires will allow you to ride all winter - granted it isn't always pretty like yesterday for example. We rode only 22 miles (taped the supercross while riding to watch when we got back) and conditions were.. well.... lousy, but hey we did ride.
Very slippery, too warm actually but my handy dandy computer still showed an average speed of 26.7mph (surprised me).
We all had wet feet with all the puddles and tough riding since the studs/screws didn't help much with the deep slushy snow - but again - we were on our bikes, not on the couch - til afterwards anyway.
Next weekend will be another try - conditions could be great from the sounds of it with forcast of colder/below freezing this week. Why wait for the 'chicken run'?
So join us, don't just talk about it. Watching the supercross is also better this way - you can buzz thru the commercials.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Oh I know all about winter riding. My yz400 is studded up and ready to go. I just dont want to do it. Yes I want to ride really bad. But I dont think I want to ride that bad. I can hold off a few more weeks. Maybe.

slow_joe

Mi. Trail Riders
Oct 9, 2004
Don, got the new toy installed on the 450 Saturday and did the breakin proceedure. I think everybody in the neighborhood was trying to figure out what I was doing(start,stop,start,stop) :coocoo:. After the breakin, I ripped around the trail at the end of the road. That thing is going to be sweet for trail riding. The bike is ready to go, the sled is ready to go and I have kid duty this Saturday :pissed: . I rode the Little Manistee on the sled Friday. There is not a lot of snow on the snowmobile trail but it was pretty deep if you went off trail. Even the trail up to peacock was pretty thin. I heard trails were showing a lot of dirt Sunday. A guy I work with tried to ride his snowmobile up there Sunday. He rode a couple miles and turned around and gave up. I was going to let you take your kid for a ride on Twinlake, but I had the same problem you did with the kid, so we packed up and left.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
If there is even a chance of dirt for the Chicken and if I can get some saddle time in this weekend to break in the clutch I just may take the X for the chicken. I want to ride it soooo bad. I have a spare studded front for it and an old 18" rear that could easily be studded. Hmmm.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
70 marlin said:
........ My yard is in need of a good clean up, from a winters worth of doggy dumping exposed buy the melting snow. But that’s no go because the yard is a complete mud bogs.

Thanks for reminding me...NOT. I dont even want to think about what my back yard looks like with 2 fullsize dogs trottin around back there.....Nasty.

Watching super cross just wasn't getting it even though it was a good race.

I was thinking the same thing. Of corse the bordom watching the race could be from the total lack of a challange for the lead. Someone needs to step up and challange RC for the lead (yes I realize its a big step). Maybe Bubba will have something for him when he gets back into it on the 19th.

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004

ellandoh

dismount art student
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 29, 2004

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
SGJ_Johansen said:
Is Kind of nice see a Suzuki wining. And POOR DON :) I gotta wait until next spring

Brian

Yea you really gotta wait to ride dont you. I feel you you bro. At least you got plenty to do to keep your mind ocupied over there. Although I can think of other places and other things that I would like to ocupy my time/mind than dodging bullets. All I have to keep me busy is the laundry :yikes:

Keep your head down :cool:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Flu bug hits me Monday night. So I use a little comp time and stay home to spend a little quality time with the porcine god. Between smiting with my new friend. I give ICO a call, and they straighten everything out with my new dual sport puter. Who would of thunk those things needs batteries? So a quick run into town for a couple batteries and she's up and running. I do a little PM on the Ice berg then take a little nap.

Top Bottom