thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I'm sure that I have no idea what I'm getting myself into but I'm racin or at least trying to look like it. Send the entry form please.

Fax 714-979-2176 Atten. Tony Santero

Mr. Eel - If can attempt this so can you. I going to treat it like my first enduro and Just have fun.

mxbundy

Sponsoring Member
Feb 16, 2001
Hemet, CA.
Okay,

I`m in.
Looks like we get to see whos got the fastest bike down the DRAG STRIP! :p
And no I am not talkin about Scar werin the tutu again! :moon:

Mr. Eel, just do it for fun. You might suprise your self!

bundy

desert_racer

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 2, 2000
Thumbs,

I'll fax it to you as soon as I get into the office.

So far the racer count looks like this:
desert_racer
bclapham
homey & friend
ol'89r
Thumbs
Bundy

Maybe's
Scar - ???
Holeshot - ???

Spectators
bike'r steve
Unit74
MX Dude - ??
Tee - ??

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
Oh Man I'm In In In, :)

I take myself out and Bleed for free on the trails all the time, might as well do it in front of a lot of people. :aj: DIRT NAPS IN PUBLIC ARE COOL :moon:

Thumbs thanks for clueing me in to this thread.

Desert racer if you would be so kind to fax the entry to the same number as thumbs 1-714-979-2176 Attn Tim Morenc ( yes thats Scar's real name)

Bundy Is there any rules against the Tutu?

How old do you have to be to enter the super seniors? Do handicaps count? ( both mental or otherwise)

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
sorry to dissapoint guys :( , but i wont be racing. but hopefully (if i am still in the country :ugg: ) i will be coming to cheer on everyone else.

i will email them about practise dates, and if i dont hear anything back after a couple of days i will call them

later

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
thumbs:

long story dude, but since you asked!

in order to recieve my full promotion from student to faculty, i had to change my visa to a "working" one. this just got approved, so now i am legally allowed to stay in this wonderful country for at least the next three years.

however, if i want to leave this country (during the next 3 years) and return (even on the same day) i need my new visa to get issued (even though it is approved) to be allowed back in! so to get the visa issued, i have to go to the consulate in Tijuana, but if for any technicality (lots of t's crossed and i's dotted) they decide not to issue it then me and the wife wont be allowed back in to the US. being stuck in Tijuana is a scary prospect and to be honest i am cr :uh: ing myself.

so if you dont hear from me after jun21st, please divide up my belongings between yourself and have fun! but please also keep your fingers crossed on my behalf! in the meantime.

the whole thing is fall out from 9-11, hopefully the peson we deal with at the consulate will remember that us Brits are the closest allie to the US in the war.

regards

bruce

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Geez, if I ride, I'll be in the same race as Ol' 49r....... :eek:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Bruce - If they don't let you come back from Tijuana I know a guy (Coyote) that can get you back in the US. Are you OK with hiding in small dark spaces for long periods of time? .......lol

Hope to see you there.

Cheers,

Thumbs

homey

Aug 7, 2001
Thanks man!
So as a first time racer which of you would be in my class? I'm 24 on a 250...I want to be able to do a little bench racing before the race!!!

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
Thanks for the form Rex.

homey - What class are you entering, BEG/NOV/AM, 250 2-stroke or 4?

So what class is everyone else riding in? I'm definitly entering the 125cc for 2-strokes but not sure about the BEG/NOV/AM thing. Since I have never done one of these go fast races (just a few family enduros) would I be considered a sandbagger if I entered the beginers class? Or should I just enter the novice class and get the tar beat out of me. I can ride fast but only in a straight line and for about 3 to 5 minutes at a time....lol
I thought about the vet class but I don't want to start my race at 2pm. 125's start at 9:30.

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
OK, if you are a Novice then I'm a beginner. But now you have me thinking I might just enter the Vet Beginner class. That way we could ride together for about 15 seconds every time you and Bundy lap me.

homey

Aug 7, 2001
Well, I'm a young guy so I guess I can't be racing you old guy's!! I'll be in the first race, 250 (2-stroke) novice. :moon:

scar tissue

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 27, 2000
I'm still trying to find my way into the super seniors. That way Ol89er can beat the tar out of me as usual :o

Honestly, I'm racing the vet. class or 4 stroke both are late, even after those four wheel thingies, so starting a 2 or 330 isn't that big of deal.

Since I've already kissed +( family site edit) the trophy girl and Enron specialed the prize $$$$, I decided to enter just for fun. I was going to call and see which class was the smallest for less dust, but if the other drn 4 strokers are going vet class over 4 stroke, thats fine with me. I'm easy :moon: Well, not like prison easy,but close.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Originally posted by scar tissue
I'm still trying to find my way into the super seniors.

Just tell them your over 50 Scar. After all, you'll never be as old as you look. :debil: :confused: :) Oh, wait, maybe that was me?? :scream:

Last edited:

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I had a few questions about the race so I emailed Tankslappers and this is the relpy I got:

Hi Tony -- happy to hear you're interested in our race. I'll enter our answers down below next to your questions.
Ibsantero@aol.com wrote:

I'm trying to find some information about the Summer Remedy Grand Prix.
Here are a few questions if you don't mind.

1) Is there a link to a flyer or other information? No, sorry, Tankslappers does not have a web page. I can fax or snail mail you a flyer and entry form. You can save $10 on entry fee if you mail in before July 15.

2) Do you need to be an AMA member? No.

3) What is the format of the race? Dead engine start? Bomb run? Or does
everyone line up according to their assigned #? Approx 7 mile loop, includes motocross track, grand prix track (bigger sweeping turns) and paved drag strip. Races are 1 hour -- average guys get in 4 laps, fast guys get in 5. Start is live engine, out of gear, clutch hand on helmet. Race numbers are assigned and issued by us -- front plate only (please cover any side plate numbers). Line up at start is based on skill level: experts on front line, then amateur, novice and beginners on succeeding lines. We have no practice at this event -- we offer a parade lap before each race, which is once around the track at slow to medium speed behind a pace rider to give you the layout of the land and scope any tough spots.

4) What class should a first time racer that rides OK enter? I'm 34 years old
and ride a 125cc 2-stroke. You could race either (or both) the 125 class or the Veteran (over 30 yrs old) class. Last year there were 46 in the 125 class and 43 in the Vet class, however we're expecting a bigger turnout this year because an LA club is awarding points in its series for racing our race. The character of the two races is generally: the Vets are experienced racers and it's a pretty competitive class. The 125's are a mix, but generally a younger crowd. So, do you want to race against experience or youth -- that's a tough one ;) Because of your limited racing experience, we would suggest you race in the beginner class, but that is entirely up to you. As I said above, your choices are expert, amatuer, novice or beginner.

Again, it was a pleasure to hear from you. Please feel free to contact us if you have further questions.
Phil & Julie Allen
Tankslappers M/C
619-588-8851

Top Bottom