KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
time for a couple more pics

Ok a few more pics

Next up is a real neat shot of Smit Dog out on the woods loop. After that one of UpNorth (tom) testing out how a KDX would feel compared to a DRz.

Smit - unfortunately I am bandwidth impaired even at work (though I am in the process of hiring someone to help address that right now!).

Cr - my Rx goggles are Pro-Vue brand. I love them. Really helped eliminate fogging issues. I am currently considering trying another brand - i think they are called Team MO or some such thing. Do a search here for prescription goggles - there are a couple of threads on it from some time ago.

Attachments

• upnorth tom in corner.jpg
    upnorth tom in corner.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 96
  • smit dog in woods.jpg
    smit dog in woods.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 98

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
nearing the end of the pics I will post...

two more - one of my son and Pinecone out riding, and another of Pinecone's Dad showing him how it is done. The pics coming in the next post may not be such a good example!

Attachments

• mark and pinecone on grass track.jpg
    mark and pinecone on grass track.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 93
  • smit dog wheelie.jpg
    smit dog wheelie.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 94

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Proper Posture for Crashing

In the first pic here, Smit Dog demonstrates proper posture to be maintained when crashing. He emphasized how important it was to maintain this posture even long after the bike has rudely slammed into the ground - it makes for better pictures that way! :p

Second pic note how the arms and legs are not aligned in a nice uniform manner. Clearly not a good example of proper crashing posture! :moon:

(I could not resist Smit Dog! sorry)

Attachments

• proper crashing posture.jpg
    proper crashing posture.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 98
  • crashing posture 2.jpg
    crashing posture 2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 90

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
last pic

Here is one last shot of Sparkey on the jump

Attachments

• sparkey jump.jpg
    sparkey jump.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 87

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
HA!

The first picture merely demonstrates the "never give up" mental tenacity of a seasoned (!) enduro rider. What's missing is the next frame showing me riding that bad boy out of this very tight left turn.... "dragging bars" as it were...

The second shot demonstrates what happens if you ride beyond your skills without the safety of trees around. Had this maneuver been attempted in the woods, my familiar friends Jack Pine and Red Maple would have been there to bounce me back onto the singletrack. Kids... please be careful in open fields!

Next Lesson? :moon:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
AND THIS LITTLE WOODSY WENT WAHH WAHH WAHH - all the way home!!

No doubt about it - I REALLY got to get my priorities straightened out!!!
GREAT pics of some GREAT folks having a GREAT time!!! PLEASE do again this fall Mike, pretty please!!!!!!!!!! :nod:

duckboy

Jan 9, 2005
woodsy said:
No doubt about it - I REALLY got to get my priorities straightened out!!!
GREAT pics of some GREAT folks having a GREAT time!!! PLEASE do again this fall Mike, pretty please!!!!!!!!!! :nod:
I second that woodsy! I had to work all weekend. I knew from the great time I had in the snow up there, I'd be missing another great ride with some great people.

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
Bill - Thanks for bringing out that you learn something new every day. I was not aware of any fishtailing going on. If you are referring to those rough 'donuts' at the crossings, I was just marking 'territory' to let you know we were still up ahead. Breaking a hip brings up a different point. Would doing so thereby make you a hippy?

At any rate, I survived the heat, the riding and the return home, which is more than the GLS did. The noggin is already joggin for the next encounter at Camp Chaos, whenever it may be.

Young Ted

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Next Lesson from Smit Dog

Smit-Dog said:
HA!

Next Lesson? :moon:

In this next installment of Lessons From Smit Dog, we have a multiple choice question:

Here Smit Dog is demonstrating:

a) After the recovery of a "draggin the bars" in a ultra tight left turn, it is critical to really shake out that left leg.

b) How to do the Hokie Pokie when astride a KTM - "Put the left leg in, put the left leg out, and shake it all about...."

c) The strange rarely seen KTM mating dance where in the rider's left leg is used as bait to attract unsuspecting KDX's.

Attachments

• smit dog dancin.jpg
    smit dog dancin.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Note Sparkey wispering in the ears of the KDX pleading the bike to resist the advances of that brazen KTM

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
:rotfl: :rotfl:

good one!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
I go with E.
"A perfect example of why the person who invented the digital camera should be SHOT" - Sir William was simply a victim of a VERY eager poporatzzzzzz - :laugh:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Now be carefull there Woodsy...it was my darlin wifey that took them there pics...and she can have a VERY significant impact on who is or IS NOT on the "A" list for the next Camp Chaos ride! :nener:

I am the warped sicko that has fun posting them with goofy captions! :p

INCA

~SPONSOR~
Sep 1, 2003
woodsy said:
I go with E.
"A perfect example of why the person who invented the digital camera should be SHOT" - Sir William was simply a victim of a VERY eager poporatzzzzzz - :laugh:

This is coming from the rider that can manage to dig out the camera, turn and aim it at you while going down a gravel road at 40 MPH. He also must be part English as this is done while on the left side of the road. I've also seen this maneuver in the woods at a slower pace. What a rider!

Young Ted

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Smit-Dog said:
So where's the stoppie!?!

... Don't make me whip out PhotoShop... :debil:

While digital cameras sure make posting this stuff easy - the downside is the excessive time lag between button push and pic taken. Unfortunately, all those stoppies you did were right in the midst of that time lag! Sheila didnt have the luck of getting a single one! - all were just a split second before or after the actual stoppie. Oh well - you will just have to convince us you really did do some - OR get creative with Photoshop!

Personally, I am thinking you really didnt do any...all i was seeing was those extreme bar dragging corners and a few wheelies. Stoppies???...what stoppies??? I need photographic evidence. :p

Smit-Dog

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 28, 2001
All 155 photos from Camp Chaos have made it to the big screen....

Thumbnails...
http://wurx.com/v-web/gallery/Camp-Chaos?page=1

Slideshow...
http://wurx.com/v-web/gallery/slideshow.php?set_albumName=Camp-Chaos

Missing Photos? ... Or "Where's the Stoppie?"
Beginning with the sequence of shots xxxxx162.jpg - xxxxx177.jpg (page 3, row 7), there appears to be 6 photo frames missing... :think: Cutting room floor? Round File? Safety Deposit Box?

.... Very interesting, heur Stephenson... :moon:

http://wurx.com/v-web/gallery/Camp-Chaos/P6120162

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Dear DNR Officer SmitDog.....

Smit-Dog said:
Missing Photos? ... Or "Where's the Stoppie?"
Beginning with the sequence of shots xxxxx162.jpg - xxxxx177.jpg (page 3, row 7), there appears to be 6 photo frames missing... :think: Cutting room floor? Round File? Safety Deposit Box?

.... Very interesting, heur Stephenson... :moon:

http://wurx.com/v-web/gallery/Camp-Chaos/P6120162

Officer SmitDog:

I find your accusations entirely unfounded, and at best based on circumstantial evidence. I must bring to question the chain of custody of said evidence - can it be sufficiently documented that said computer file names as posted on the above referenced web site are indeed the original file names? And sir, I understand you happen to have something of an IT background and access to equipment of such nature such file names could easily be edited. I do not find this to mere coincidence - in fact the very fact said modified computer files have found their way to the internet clearly indicates not only an ability to manipulate computer files, more importantly it clearly demonstrates a desire to do so...

The theories you postulate are at best exactly that - theories - of such nature anyone might surmize the same ...cutting room floor, round file, safe deposit box...indeed!

Now, I might suggest that safety deposit boxes can contain a wide variety of items - computer media being one such item. They also can contain US currency in small un marked bills.

Safety Deposit Boxes, as in life, need to maintain an appropriate equilibrium of content - or balance. When said contents are unduly shifted towards computer media, there is only one possible way to assure balance is regained - that being to add in sufficient amounts of the item that is in short supply. Should one find themselves in need of some specific computer media, and also find themselves with a reasonable quantity of small unmarked bills but without an appropriate place to store said bills, perhaps another individual might be able to offer their Safety Deposit Box as a temporary holding place for said bills.

I eagerly await your reply..... :nener:

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Excellent dectective work Bill! I just recovered those "missing files" from my recycle bin - and abosolute truth - Sheila didnt manage to get a single shot of any of your stoppies! The deleted ones were simply bad shots - back of someones head in one, another pre stoppie, another post stoppie etc.

Let the truth be told - SmitDog can do some excellent stoppies - he did several...all of which in between frames or during the annoying digital camera time lag!

Thanks for posting all those pics - sure makes for an easy way to see all of them!

fender92883

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Aug 26, 2002
Will it be the same guy who defended Michael Jackson? If so, Smit-doggy-dog don't have a chance, brotha!

KTM Mike

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 9, 2001
Sources close to the situation have indicated that new photographic evidence has been discovered. Source are attempting to secure copies of this evidence to determine if further action is needed. It appears there is a South American connection to the issue, but due to the other parties evidenty Young age, obtaining evidence has been made more difficult. Once obtained, will be posted accordingly. I can neither confirm nor deny the actual source of said evidence or validity of the evidence.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom