gowen

Aug 2, 2000
My YZ250 is leaking transmission fluid from the transmission vent or the hose that comes from the transmission. What does that mean. It is also milky white (which I guess means the waterpump is leaking). When I drain the transmission fluid, it is not much in there. So, I guess it isn't overflowing. Should I plug the hose? Why is it there in the first place?

Thanks

greaser

Mar 7, 2002
gowen,
That is a classic sign of a waterpump/ seal leak.
Do not run your bike again , until you repair the waterpump or seal.
Always use a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and distilled water when you fill your radiators. I would use some old motor-oil from your car to flush out your transmission/clutch . Do this several times . to get all the water out and to stop any rust/corrosion during your teardown. After the repairs are done then I would change the oil again after about 30 to 60 minutes and then go back to a normal schedule.

See ya
greaser

storytime

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2001
vent hose?

:confused: That there little bkack hose is called the VENT HOSE for a reason.NO DO NOT PLUG IT. This hose is to keep the trany from building pressure while running, by plugging it you WILL get leaks from some realy strange places, sprocket seals, shift seals, clutch release arm seal,l kicker seal or any combanation of the above or just all of them.
Fix the pump seal, flush the tranny a few times and enjoy your bike the way it should be!:whiner:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom