LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
So it's 5 for now:

Trigger
Jason
Me + 1
Dan

What happened to fireman, simmeth, Gordon and fuzzball?

simmeth

Jul 18, 2008
Still undecided, been going down to Atlantic City a lot this week. Spent my money on a new Palm Pre, haven't got boots yet, may take a look today or tomorrow... which reminds me, i saw a pair online and posted about it and forgot to check for replies. I will give an answer tomorrow..... believe it or not i've never been to a legit place to ride so its all new to me. How long do you guys plan on being out there for? Do you guys bring extra fuel or just run your tanks out and call it a day? Breaks at all for water/food or do you guys all have packs?

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
simmeth said:
haven't got boots yet, may take a look today or tomorrow...
Jason said he has an extra pair of size12, so there will be boots if you need them
simmeth said:
How long do you guys plan on being out there for? Do you guys bring extra fuel or just run your tanks out and call it a day?
Lost Trails opens at 9 and closes at 5, most of us will have extra gas at the trucks, but it most likely wont be needed.
simmeth said:
Breaks at all for water/food or do you guys all have packs?
We take lots of short breaks for the slow guys to catch up, so unless you are one of the slow guys, you will get lots of breaks. We do go back to the parking lot for lunch, but it doesnt hurt if you have a way to carry some water on the trails with you, But its not supposed to be a hot day, so drinks shouldnt be much of an issue.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
5 people, I say we meet at the park. When you pull in you will see the check in on your right, and you can park on either side of the road while checking in. There is usually a lunch truck, but they don't stay the full day, usually from 11-2, so I suggest bringing lunch just in case we miss them when we break for lunch.

If you happen to get there late, after you check in and head to the parking lot, there will be somebody at the lot telling you where to park. Ask them where Dan is parked, and they will direct you to the upper parking lot. It keeps us away from the 4wheeled idiots doing donuts in the parking lot, and lets us park together.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Sounds good Dan. Yeah I suggest we scrap trying to get the discount this time and just meet at the parking lot. We may end up with more than 8 but this late in the game it will be too much of a hassle.

I should be rolling in around 9. My buddy is driving and we'll be in his full size white GM truck instead of my red Dakota.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
53fireman said:
I'm in if the Gordon gang is in, ...
Jason's coming, is that enough of the gang? I'm not sure whether Gordon's coming or not. He was going to come the last time so I assume he would like to come this time.

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Tomorrow??

Hey guys
I'm sorry I haven't chimed in earlier but been real busy here at the business and I didn't want to sway anyones decision on where to go by making it look like two rides were forming. This weekend is a tuff choice for me as there are folks in this group I'd like to see and ride with and also some buddies from RAC that I haven't ridden with in a while getting together for a ride out there Sat. Since I'm looking to make a two day ride out of the weekend I wish one group was riding Sunday but as luck would have it that's not the case.

I'll be staying at the holiday Inn in Frackville and riding both Sat & Sun out there if anyone would like to join us.

Hope you guys have a great ride! Dan thanks for the invite and I hope I can take you up on it in the future.

Andrew your welcome to join us but you might have a really good time going to Lost trails as Dan is a great guy to ride with and knows the place like the back of his hand. Up to you but as always ready to ride 10am Burma rd.

Gordon

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Too bad you can't make it Gordon. I wish I was closer to RAC so I could get down there and ride. Sounds like a great place but with my once a year excursions to PA to ride I just can't see the $100 to ride once. Have a good time!

CRFGuy

Aug 5, 2005
Well if you make a two day trip out of it or better yet 3 since their office is only open M-F 8-5 it cheaper then anything else around and offers 100's of miles of some of the toughest and most challenging terrain I've ever seen. You really would enjoy it as well as th guys we ride with. Talk to Jason about it when you see him maybe he can convince you or we can work out some way to get you in for the day.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
RAC is a great place, I have had the pass in past years, but times are tough right now, and even though its much smaller, I need to stick with things more local like Lost trails. Has anything else been said about if RAC will be open next year? I did hear rumors early this year that it would be thier last. hopefully they were just rumors.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Dave, call me if you get a chance today.

Trigger1911

~SPONSOR~
Jul 4, 2001
1979 gray ford F100 with a bright green magnetic sign obn the door with a Blue DRZ400 cant miss it. Otherwise just follow my big mouth and it will bring you right to us! My number is 484-239-6187 to call me.

simmeth

Jul 18, 2008
Ok ok ok... dumb question.. this is located at the Inn at Pocono Manner? Does someone have an address so I can map it out? If its the area im thinking it is, its roughly 2 hours to get there and am strongly considering coming out...

What time do you guys plan to ride until? I may have to cut it short as I have family coming up and can't be out too late....

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
It is not actually at the Inn, it is on property owned by the inn. They do have guided ATV rides at the Inn which are run by lost Trails, but are at a different location from the park.

I am not positive on the exact address, but if you search for...

98 Sullivan Trail
Pocono Summit, PA

it will put you right near the entrance to the park. I'm sure most of us will be there till 4-5, but some people leaving early isnt a problem.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Is anybody else coming who hasnt chimed in yet so we have an idea of who to look for? I will be there in a blue Chevy pickup with a Paragon Sticker in the back window, and 2 blue bikes in the back(neither of which is a Yamaha).

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
CRFGuy said:
Rac closing? First I'm hearing this but can't tell you if its just rummor or not. Who did you hear that from?
I will try and find the thread where I read that, it was either on thumpertalk or advrider saying they were considering this to be the last year for selling permits. I read it early in the season, so thought if it were true, word would have spread among those who ride there by now. Hopefully it was just a rumor.

simmeth

Jul 18, 2008
Ok... I am probably going to go.. I have family coming up tonight so as long as I get to sleep early enough I should be able to make it there for 9... not guaranteed, I will post either later tonight or in the morning if its definite... its a 2h 20m drive for me. Will I be able to borrow those boots Jason? All i'll have is gloves and helmet... no other requirements right? I'll have a tannish ford ranger with a YZ250 on it if i make it...

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Helmet and goggles are the only requirements, but other gear is always highly recommended. I will bring along an extra pair of boots if I can find them also in case jason forgets, but they are size 13 so they may be a little big.

scooter1130

Paragon Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 31, 2002
Thanks for a great ride today guys, its always good to see old friends, as well as some new faces with Simmeth and Fireman. I'll get some pics, and some video of you guys trying to get up that hill toward the end of the ride probably tomorrow afternoon. I just wish I was further back in the pack so i could have seen Dave go swiming. Maybe next time.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Yeah that was a great ride and would be a great place for a group ride. They have some beautiful single track and plenty of trails to keep you occupied. We rode 27 miles and only rode half the trails.

It was nice seeing everyone again and I'm looking forward to seeing them again through Dan's video of the hile climbs :debil:

Top Bottom