YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I may be up for either one. Make it early though. Wife works at 4:00pm and I gotta be home b4 that cause of the kid.

Rode Cedar Sunday. The woops are a-hole deep right now :yikes:

But no dust. :cool:

:ride:

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Yea, Cedar is a mess but Horseshoe is AWESOME :clue: ! I have a series of MRI's scheduled for my upper spine at Hackley on Sunday at 12:15. I would LOVE to scoot out for a ride afterwards.
Mark - are you folks camping up yonder for the weekend? If so, where at (Whiskey?). My van is down but may be back online this weekend...
Sounds like another FANTASTIC DRN ride is in the makings!
Woodsy

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
im going to little o on sat at around10:30 to ride. im meeting up with some guys i used to street ride with. they arent well good with whoops, they need several stops, and they have yet to complete the entire loop. yes yzman and slow joe these are the guys i got my ticket with. so by the time we reach the big sign post at the large intersection (about halfway), they are all piddled out, and they take the dirt roads back to the parking lot. it was fun last time with rudy, his buddy and thier kids though because those kids kept me company from about that point on and pushed me hard the rest of the way out. this is going to be me one day to ride this weekend, other wise i would go to cedar creek too.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
Looks like my Sunday ride has to be very early. Aaron has big plans for Sunday evening. “Halloween” So it looks like I'm going to be at CC around 9am.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Here, I'll mess this up a little more. How about White Cloud instead? I talked to another friend about riding - I'd really like to ride Little O (I've lately been more into fast and more open than tight), but didn't want to drive that far. He suggested White Cloud instead. Pat, last we talked we mentioned doing a White Cloud ride instead. What do you think? 10am? That'll put you on a similar timeframe. YZMAN? Woodsy, you could meet us there later?

My only caveat is that I started getting my injection again last week. This is Day 8, the day I usually started getting sick for a week afterward. This morning I'm beginning to feel, well, not good. I'm planning on a ride since it's supposed to be nice, but if I end up getting sick, I won't be there. I say this because I know some of you don't look at DRN on the weekend.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
I have to do CC! I have the CC run down to less than 2 hours form Jackson. I was informed by Aaron that I will have him home in time for his date. Plus with this being the Bergs first long ride, I want to be close to a two track to get it back to the truck if it starts to come apart. This is going to be a slow ride for me. I just want to get it broke in, not broke. I might be having a friend & his wife tagging along with me also. "Matt the guy from last years TF he has the XR400. He just bought a brand spanking new 450exc and wants to test it out! His wifey want to run your old 200 one more time this year before it gets put away.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Well while White Cloud or Little O sounds appealing to me. I think I am gonna stay near home and try to be at C.C. around 9:00am Sunday. I am low on $ these days and C.C. is a cheep ride for me. Not to mention the wifes patience is running a little thin with me heading off riding all the time. So a quick, close ride sounds better. Even if it is C.C.

Besides I havent had the chance to ride behind the big Berg. Maybe I can run sweep and pick up all the loose parts that fall off.

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
70 marlin said:
Looks like my Sunday ride has to be very early. Aaron has big plans for Sunday evening. “Halloween” So it looks like I'm going to be at CC around 9am.

Hi Guys,
I want to ride my KDX at least one more time this year. Sunday morning at Cedar Creek sounds like a good option for me. Don't forget we lose one hour this weekend. I'm thinking about a 9:00 am to 10:00 am time frame.

:ride:

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Sounds good, I may see you guys at CC if my other riding guy backs out or wants to go there too.

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
What are you doing up so early? When I read your comment I'll pick up the peices I spit my coffee all over the key board :rotfl: I'll see you up there. let say 8:30 9'ish?

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
Mark, I really would like to ride Little O sometime, but that three hour drive just does not work out this weekend. I'm going to try for 9:00 am at Cedar Creek Sunday. So maybe I can look foward to seeing 70 marlin, YZman, and Woodsy ???

:cool:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Wow. I just got back from some target shooting. Man that was fun. Shot a 308, 243, 30-06, 12 ga. 44 mag, 22 rifle, 22 pistol. LOVE IT!!!

But man does my sholder hurt. That 30-06 and 12 ga has some bark. Gonna have fun tomorrow in the woods.

Godzuki

Sep 22, 2004
i just got back from the little o and man does my shoulder hurt, i was shooting trees with the yz hehe, yea i realy tested the right hand side bark buster, woo hoo im glad i had it on. well the trail was basically a long puddle with some highspots in it, hehe. i hope cc is better. to let you know yzman, it was just like the beginning of the tomahawk trail last weekend. yep i got wet woo hoo.

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
70 marlin said:
Tall1 You bring that fancy grill?

Yes... I'll bring the grill. Another tailgate party... 70 Marlin is bringing the Brats !

:) :cool:

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Its looking a little wet this morning in Muskegon. Everyone still thinking of going??

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Just getting ready to head in for my MRI.. Yea, it is REAL wet out there today!! Thankfully Marlin called this morning or I would have probably over slept my appointment :bang:
I am going to stop in at CC on the way home and see if there are any die hards still out...
Have fun guys! :cool:
Woodsy

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Wet.... Um yea. You could say that.

I got there @ 8:30am and hung out with the Rooster for a bit. The conversation wasn't all that interesting so I geared up and hit the trail.

Amazingly I wasn't the 1st one out there. There were 4 other fellas there on bikes. As I was sittin in my truck waiting for the DRN wrecking crew to show up I was watching the 4 guys get ready. One by one they fired there bikes and headed down the entrance road to warm up there bikes. Not a one of them had helmets on. One fella on a Yamaha YZ thumper was running the stock non spark arrested exhaust. So within about 30 seconds I counted up 3 major violations that the DNR would have been glad to write them up for. What a bunch of tools.

So figuring that the rest of the fellas were gonna be a no show cause of the rain, and seeing as I at least has someone to chase with these 4 fellas I geared up and took off in pursuit on the south loop. I was about 5 minutes behind but cought up quickly. Passed the lot of them and never looked back. Continued on and rode right into the north loop and finished that. Legs were feeling like jello by the time I got back to the lot. The DRN boys were just putting there helmets on when I pulled in. Aparently they forgot about the time change Saturday night.

So I chatted with the fellas for a bit. Said goodby to the Rooster and headed home. My shoulder is now completely destroyed from riding / shooting this weekend. And my legs wont stop shaking frim the 23 miles of woops.

Gotta go. Wife is hinting that we have things to do. Latter.

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
Woodsy, sorry I missed you.

Don, glad to see you made it out!

The rain stopped just as we were ready to get going. 70Marlin was a little late, but we waited around. Riding were 70Marlin-and-son, Matt (marlin's brother), another Matt and his wife (brand spanking new KTM450 on its virgin ride), Gary (Tall1) and Steve, new guy from Holland who was out there solo. Hopefully you make it to DRN Steve!

The now-infamous Cedar rooster was there to great us, strutting around like he owned the place. Gary fed him some Dorito's, after that he was our closest friend.

The trail was in pretty good shape. Matt, Steve and Marlin took the lead, however I found out later Aaron took a 5-10 minute head start on everyone down the South Loop. Gary and I pulled mid-pack and Matt and his wife brought up the back. The trail was in absolutely perfect shape, although whooped as Cedary usually is. About 2 miles out I pulled a flying W after hitting a buried stump, but somehow saved it. A short time later I popped a contact (again!). Gary stopped and helped me find it on my lower eyelid.

We all made it back in one piece to the parking lot.

While resting, a man and woman drove up in their Grand Cherokee, with no bike. I didn't pay much attention until I saw the woman running down the trail with a white sheet. She looked like a halloween ghost or something, and I thought it was kind of a weird way to celebrate hollaween by trying to scare off dirt bikers.

They came back, and she started doing the white sheet thing again, but this time her husband was also running around with a salmon net. I finally got it - they were trying to catch the rooster!! Another family helped corner the bird, and the guy got it with his net. The Cedar Rooster is no more!! :eek:

I talked to the guy, and it turns out he was from St. Joe and was up riding Cedar on Saturday. He said he made the mistake of telling his wife about the rooster, and she pushed him into driving back up to catch the bird. The rationale - it would die in the cold, and besides they have a bunch of hens and no rooster. So they were taking the Big Boy home to have a good time with their hens! That bird is in for a great life with his own harem! :cool:

Matt got in while this was going on and rode most of the trail in first gear only. It seems that brand new KTM had a big problem with its shifter pawl, because the gear shifter did nothing. Back to the shop the bikes goes! Poor guy, brand new bike and a ruined ride.... :ugg:

Half went on to the north loop, the other half of us gave the south loop another run (I've learned to detest the whoops on the north loop). I happened to find the SAME buried stump in the SAME SPOT, but this time my flying W wasn't quite so dramatic.

Gary fired up the grille, and Marlin served up some huge brats and dogs. The smell of two stroke bean oil and grilled brats outside - it doesn't get any better than that!!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
Some GREAT ride reporting there guys :yeehaw:
Mark - THANKS for the rooster update - I was really concerned that he was going to end up in a frying pan or something - as it turns out, he is going to be VERY happy KING OF THE FARM :rotfl:
Glad you all had a great time inspite of those sneaky CC stumps!!
Woodsy

tall1

Mi. Trail Riders
Nov 1, 2002
Hi Guys,
I had a good time Sunday. This is all ways a great bunch of guys to ride with!!!! Again thanks for the brats Pat. Here is a few good pictures.....

:)

Attachments

• Husabergs.jpg
    Husabergs.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 95
  • MarkAron.jpg
    MarkAron.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 90
  • matt.jpg
    matt.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 78

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
"Here is a few good pictures....."
THANKS Tall1!!! You are correct about being a great bunch of guys to ride with too!!
Hey Mark, that CRistie has a look on her face like she is ready to EAT anything that comes her way - dont know if I would wanna wake up after spending the night eating burnt squirrel and have her staring at me :eek:
Woodsy

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom