Muenster with the Heartland Spodes!

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Boy was this trip a blast. I shouldn't have been out there in the first place because of a pretty severely sprained wrist, and crashing evry 5 minutes trying to keep up with the heartland spode crew didn't help either! My dad and I met up with justql, BSWIFT, tx246,mx547 and a friend of his, and the two YZ Guys. Riding was fun, and sitting around the smoker was great too! Speaking of the smoker, I had the best food I can remember, really! I don't know what the heck I ate, but it was darn good!!! These guys were some of the nicest I've ever met, darn good riders, too! Even better news is, I hear that this years DirtWeek will be in Cooperland this time?!! This means we can make it!! Heard good stories from Swift of his experience there last year, and sure got me excited! We talked about what's in a name,ridin', bikes, trails, bikes, trails, bikes, ridin'....get the point! Overall, with the name calling, muddy water roosting in yer' face Heartland gang, it was one of the best rides I've had in a while! :aj:

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
only one question for ya Stan

Did they try to initiate you into the Heartland Spode Group?

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
it was an awesome day!!!

the trails were perfect and we all got a chance to meet face to face. glad you liked the grub. as you could tell the food is as important as the riding. except for swift. for some reason he is the only one of us who can maintain his high school graduation weight. i wanted to thank you for taking the kids back to camp for me. i did finally get some brakes on that little xr :) dont forget the minispodefest they are planning this upcoming weekend at muenster. i havent met this bunch but justql and swift have. should be fun.

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Stan-You are right it was a good day. Food is in our bylaws. Tx246 did a great job in organizing the ride. Your dad did a great job of showing us around, I really enjoyed the ride. I'll post a complete report over our weekend tommorrow, right now it's 10:30 and I just got home. Wife's not happy I'm on DRN after spending the last three days with DRNer's.

Jeff- even though Stan gave me the PERFECT opportunity by falling right in front of me I did not run over him. He sure would've made a nice berm. ;)

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by justql
Jeff- even though Stan gave me the PERFECT opportunity by falling right in front of me I did not run over him. He sure would've made a nice berm. ;)
Well it was his first ride with you guys. :p

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
You're right, I gave you a PERFECT oppurtunity to initiate me, but I'm still proud to be a Texan. tx426, it was no problem taking the little ones back, I know that place like the back of my hand! Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make it to the TX Spodefest there this weekend, as we're remodeling the house, and we were lucky to get away for that weekend! Look forward to reading about the Badlands! BTW, were the drums on the front of that little XR the same as the rear? Is that how you fixed it?

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
brake fix

the actuating rod was pretty bent and would not get full motion. i took it off and did the eyeball with a hammer trick.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Unfortunately, I think Stan's dad forgot that Stan was on an 80! He started leading us thru the trails at a pretty fast pace, not quite a race pace. Stan was hangin' in there pretty good but a sore wrist sent him to the ground a couple of times. :ugg: The day turned out spectacular. The dirt was perfect. I rode clean-up and was able to see most of the spills. ;)
One particular rocky section gave most everyone a bad time. MX547 ended up with a banged up radiator and he wasn't even riding his bike thru this section. Justql found an alternate line and I followed. We swung around the hill to meet back up on the trail and Justql stopped. I grabbed the brakes just in time. I put my foot down on the off camber and stepped on a stick. The stick rolled and I flopped over with the Mamba sitting on my foot, unable to move the bike or get my foot out. :scream: After some assitance, we were back on the trail.
As we made our way back toward the creek, we came upon three rather large mud holes. There were tracks going every which way thru the trees. I altered my line, broke traction, and power slided into a inch and half diameter tree. The tree bent over and I thought all was well. Well, the tree decided to stand back up, flop, I was on my side again. Both times I fell, there was no forward motion.
I had a lot of fun hydroplaning with MX547 and David. I had never tried to do this and it really is fun. It was really fun meeting everyone, eating some great food, and riding at Muenster. Muenster can challenge everyone to some extent or another. Great job TX246 and thanks to your Mrs. for putin' up with all of us.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I think about everyone biffed atleast once during the day. I had two easy get offs. I also had two opportunities to pick some nice lines through the trees. There were a couple of "kinda technical sections". The kind that enduro riders RACE in. Some of the guys had a little trouble in them. Being the enduro rider I am. When I came to a stop behind some one trying to restart thier bike or something, instead of wating for the trail to clear I would find the "fun" line. One was up a little three or four foot high little rock ledge that the GasGas just laughed at. The other was a pretty steep really rocky hill. It had a few face slappers but the actual trees were really wide, 6 to 8 feet apart.

A fun day. TX246 did a great job a providing some great food.

YZguy and dad took thier turn leading us around. A really fun day. Did I say that already.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
Stan and I had a BLAST also, was really great to meet everybody.

On that first ride, where Stan lost it in the downhill rocks, I think I was leading too fast. I am used to just him and I going, and I adjust my speed by his ring-ding sound behind me, on this loop, he was right on my tail, that mixed with his bent rear rotor, caused him to grab too much front brake, not good in downhill rocks!

He does know that place pretty darn well, he is 15 now, and has been going to Muenster for around 14 years, been riding there for 12 years! I still remember the days when I would pack up him and his younger Sister on my KDX200, and the three of us would put in a 60 mile day there. Ah yes, the days were great (and still are)!

Looking forward to the next time Guys, remember the three ' F's of racing?
1. Don't Fall, 2. Finish, 3. Have FUN!
;) ;)

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Yeah, dad, I remember those days! Swifty, did you ever get any good pics of Justin 'changing his oil?' :p That was funny!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I haven't got the pics developed yet but I will post them soon. That ought to be pretty funny.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Last weekend. There is a group riding there next weekend. theres a thred about it somewhere.

Trailryder42

Feb 6, 2000
just got back from riding with the group that was there this weekend. Bills woods kicked my rear and i have the broken collarbone to prove it. after all the rain from the last couple of days things were a little sloppy and slippery in places. it was great while it lasted tho.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Too many adult sodas!

A picture is worth a thousand words(and laughs).

Attachments

• justin1.jpg
    justin1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 250

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Re: Too many adult sodas!

Originally posted by BSWIFT
A picture is worth a thousand words(and laughs).
That's too funny. My dog does that too Jay, he likes to make sure he's clean after a ...well... you get the picture. :p

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
LMAO! He did have that problem as well!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
gotta get off that seefood diet :) :eek:

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
"Man I gotta diet."

Let's see, 6th place overall in 'C', and second place in 'C-vet' behind the overall 'C' winner.....
"Waiter, I'll have whatever the #*@% he's having!"

Top Bottom