Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I am trying to make it to Munster on Saturday but I have a few repairs to make on Friday.

My boy had my bike out with his buddies and had a hard crash (he likes to go fast). No boot, no bike pants on, and no jersey! He broke his thigh bone; a clean break in 2 pieces. He has lots of skid marks on his body. They did some surgery and used a rod and screws to put his leg back together. He will be on crutches for a while. He will not be going to school for at least a week or more. The rest of him seems OK. He will get a serious but delayed lecture after he heals up a little. I am still hoping he fully recovers.

The bike took a beating too. The forks were twisted bad, the bars are bent, and the brake line is bent. I think I have the forks straightened out (loosen clamps and find big tree fix). I have some new bars that I need to swap and make everything fit (went to Pro Tapers). The break line may stay bent for the ~$150 that Yamie wants. It is not that bad, just bent enough to interfere with the handguards. I need to do some research on the break line.

Is anyone going riding Saturday. My Okie mountain trip is canceled.

Last edited:

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
Wow, that's a helluva crash. Glad to hear he's ok. I'm sure he learned his lesson. If that's his femur he broke, I hear that's VERY painful being the largest bone in the body.

I'll be out there tonight and tomorrow, most likely parked through the first gate, to the right down by the creek. I'll be w/2 other KTM dudes, so come by and we'll catch a ride.

Green Tacoma, probably around some 5th-wheels.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Randy: sorry to hear about your boy. I worry about that happening to my kids as well. In seven years, they've not had a serious injury; knock on wood.

Proxy: how is Cody's knee doing? Maybe he should just stay off it for a while. It will probably heal up OK if he does, though he should have it checked.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
JMD said:
Proxy: how is Cody's knee doing? Maybe he should just stay off it for a while. It will probably heal up OK if he does, though he should have it checked.

Cody's knee was still sore this morning, so him and Jason stayed off the bikes today and headed home early. Probably a good call on their part.

Unfortunately, I never saw anyone else up there to ride w/today, so decided to head home. No big deal though. I've had worse days.

I'll probably be heading out there again next weekend since I didn't get to ride this weekend.

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
Muenster won't be open next weekend, for the Supercross. I'd rather ride than watch, but my son and daughter want to go, so we'll go and fight the traffic. Personally, I'd rather ride the Kiamichi.

Proxy

N. Texas SP
Mar 14, 2005
JMD said:
Muenster won't be open next weekend, for the Supercross. I'd rather ride than watch, but my son and daughter want to go, so we'll go and fight the traffic. Personally, I'd rather ride the Kiamichi.

Dang, forgot about that.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
I did not make it this weekend. Thanks for the relpy Proxy. I really needed the get-away break but my daughter bought a used quad and we rode around the house a little while I worked on it, my bike (back running again), cars, PCs, taxes, lawn, etc. etc. I have more to keep up to now that my little helper is broke and I had to give Mama some relief (Charlie is not moving aroung much yet). I spent time just sitting and talking Charlie, watching Dust to Glory (or something like that - Baja 1000 movie). Good helmet cam work.

Question:
I noticed a little oil saturating the seal savers. I never seen it before. I assuming that a little leakage is normal and hopefully the forks are not damaged (flattened or slightly out-of-round from the crash.) Does anyone run seal savers and see the same? Is this normal?

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom