Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
I know that a lot of DRN'ers looking for heavy-duty protection (trees :scream: ) , but... Just installed Acerbis new "MX Light Flag Handguards", while they are just roost protection and will probably save a lever or two, thought I'd put up some info.

Nice thing about them is they adjust with the levers... no more clutch lever hanging below the guard :) . I'll take some picks later for those interested. Good stuff, but there are some little things (installation) and not a lot of room for the compression release and remote hot start for the thumpers, but it worked-out fine.

I'll update this later if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• mxflag_lite1.jpg
    mxflag_lite1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 284

marcv125

Oct 29, 2001
Hey okie they look good. Do you have pro-tapers?
If so was there a special adapter you had to get to make them fit. I was looking into these but couldnt find enough info. Thanks okie
Marc

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Those sure are pretty. Plastic, yes? :debil:

Camstyn

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 3, 1999
How are the mounts, Okie? After seeing yours, I ordered a set for my TM. I had to order the mounting kit for a KTM, as my TM has the Magura hydraulic clutch, but on the brake side it uses a Nissin master cylinder. I'm thinking that it might not fit perfect on the brake side, but I'm hoping I'll be able to rig it to work somehow.. Do the adapters look fairly generic?

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
The other day I was getting ready to order a set of those for my bike but I wanted to find someone who had tried them first to get an idea how the mounts worked out. Thanks Okie :D

B

biglou

I had a set of flag handguards for my RMF/DRZ that I bought back in Oct 2000. The mounts do move with the levers, and there was a pivot bolt that allows you to rotate the guard up and down so that they face forward and not down (if you like to point your levers downward). The nice thing about them was, you could take the guards off and leave the mounts on. The mounts were black and very unobtrusive. No one would really notice that they were there if they didn't know any better.

And the price was right. I think the guards were $26 and the mounts were $8, but I got the whole deal locally for about $30. :)

Top Bottom