Livin4C&L

May 23, 2005
Just saying Hi, Im at Yokota AB in Japan currently but will be back home in Ft Worth Texas for good this July 15th and will be looking to get an 03 or 04 YZ450F after I sell my NSR250...

by the way, anyone interested in an NSR250? Ever heard of one? :laugh:

I've ridden since I was 9 (cr80) til 18 (kx125) and it ended after I sold that one, but I gotta get back on one, is the 450 going to be too powerful for me? Im 24 y/o and 190lbs so take that into consideration, plus I do not have a death wish because I have a wonderful wife and daughter :)

This is long enough, see ya in the forum! :aj:

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Welcome to DRN livin4C&L! Tony will be along shortly to greet you properly, but untill then look around and have fun. I think a 450 would be a great choice for you, but that opinion may be biased as I ride one myself. Good luck getting rid of that NSR, not many people know what it is. I had the opportunity to ride one a few years ago and had a blast on it. Nothing like a two stroke 250 twin on the street! See ya around, YZ165

Livin4C&L

May 23, 2005
Thanks for the welcome YZ, my cousin has an 03 450 and I had a chance to test it out last xmas, fell in love with it right off!

about the NSR, ya im bringing it back, its a 91 model with airbox and rewired gear mod (or whatever you call it), I bought all new Tyga gp fiberglass bodywork (unpainted currently) and also Tyga GP exhaust (both tips on same side). Plus I have all the stock bodywork and parts. has about 13k km. starts on one kick and runs excellent, of course its a two stroke and the topend has been rebuilt recently too. I'll be asking $3800 for it, just want the money i spent on it back so i can get back into the dirt.

So if you or anyone you know of wants a rare NSR, please let me know, (will trade for an 03 yz450f or crf450) I'll go ahead and place this in the for sale area too :)

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
I'm sure you can unload the NSR once you get into the country, I have been thiking about picking up a track bike. I can't bring myself to take my RZ350 onto the track. Too bad I'm PLumm broke right now.

mladewig

Mar 2, 2004
The NSR 250 is a awesome bike, spent alot of time riding one and also owned a Suzuki RGV 250. There is nothing like the sound of a screaming twin 2 stroke. Would definatly recomend one as a track bike.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
No Problem Livin4C&L, Let us know when you get back to the states, I'm sure there will be plenty of people interested in your NSR. YZ165

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
Bare none, the best bet would be for him to try to shove it through registration as military personel. Once he gets it registered it should be easy to roll into another owner's name. Anything short of that would be a miracle. I've had lots of people say they can get them registered but I've never seen it. This is why I broke down and got my RZ350

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
The reason is that they imported US spec Rz's into the country in '84 and '85. Thus they were issued Highway Vin's, and normal titles. To the best of my knowledge, NSR were sold as "race only", issued offroad titles and non highway vins. I have heard stories, about getting them registered, I just don't know any easy way.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Welcome to the site and soon back to Texas.

As others have said, check out the NTSP. There is a very active bunch of folks here in the metromess.

Livin4C&L

May 23, 2005
Hey Gomer, you'll be first on my list if you want to trade or something, I have two street helmets to go with it (1 small 1 large) and a pair of black gloves with carbon fiber knuckles. It will be hard to register it though, my uncle said he can do it in florida because of some loopholes and once its registered in one state then it is legal in every state. It is a blast to ride though, I was making other big bore riders jealous at the safety course because it turns on a dime. Maintenance is pretty much the same as a dirtbike and Tyga offers a 300cc bore kit if you want to boost the power.

Also true that the only way you can get them here to the states is if you claim "race only" however they are street legal in japan, its just that they were never made for import. But I will be taking it completely apart and boxing up the pieces and claiming it as "motorcycle parts" to get it to the states hehehe ;) it works just as well.

Japan has TONS of weird bikes that cant be brought to the states, but nothing secret, they have restrictions here where new street riders have to start out on low cc's and move there way up through the years.

To all you dirtriders in the "metromess", I look forward to meeting up with you, I'll bring my cousin along too, he's the whole reason I fell in love with the 450 4 strokes.

Top Bottom