jrwisdom

May 7, 2005
Hey guys I just joined this forum. I was hoping you guys could help me choose my first dirt bike. But first here is some info about me to help you guys help me. I am a pretty big guy I am
6'-1" tall, and I weigh about 230 pounds. My legs are like 32 in. tall. Umm I would mainly be riding out in the desert out by victorville and whatnot, so I don't need a racebike or anything. My budget is as little as possible hopefully $800-$1000.I need advice about whether or not to get a 4 or 2 stroke, displacement, etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Jim

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
Hail and Welcome to DRN Jim!

I saw that you’ve already posted this question in the What Bike Do I Get... ? fourm, you,ll get plenty of good info there.

Don’t forget to fill out your user CP with where you’re at and a little info about your self, also be sure to check out the SoCal Wrecking Crew. We have plenty of riders in SoCal. I was riding Super Moto on the kart track on the outskirts of Victorville last weekend and saw tons of riders out there mixing it up in the desert.

jrwisdom

May 7, 2005
Hey Kav thanks for replying. You live in Ridgecrest? My dad grew up there. Do you know any of the Wisdom's up there? My aunt and uncle both live up there. Once I get a bike I will probably be learning to ride up there. Once I have some experience maybe we could ride together or something. Later man.

Kav

Crash Master
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 20, 2001
I just moved up here a little less then a year ago, so I haven't run across them yet. there is some great riding up at wagon wheel and splanger hills. You'll have a good time riding up here.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
:worship: Kav Way to go buddy!

Since Kav did such a great job of sending you to good places on the site, I'll simply say ...

Howdy!

CornfedN8

Apr 16, 2005
Welcome JR...buddy your the same size as me and I just bought a used yz250. I hadn't ridden since I was a teenager and I am having to learn EVERYTHING again. the bike pulls my big ass around quite easily and I haven't had any problems with it. I also live in Victorville and have a couple of friends out around there too.... we do some riding couple of times a month so you are welcome to give me a holler and see what's up.

Xrfunguy

Feb 16, 2005
I ride an xr400 and it huals my big fat ass around very easily. I am 6 fot tall legs 32in and 250lbs and 4 strokes are very forgiving form a newbie. so anyways since you are up in ridgecrest I ride in the area often so let me know if you would ever like to get to together for a ride and I am willing. plus I am still kind of new to this too. let me know anytime. :bang:

Top Bottom