Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
I go away for a year and a new track opens - right next to my house (almost). Anyone heard of Sandbox? It's on Putnam Road, off Riley-Thompson.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
A guy I know just checked it out. He said it was a good practice track and will definitely be back. He said the owner is really friendly and came right out to greet him. He bought a season membership and the owner let him ride free that day. Here is the website:Muskegon Sandbox

From the pics it doesn't look great, but maybe they are from when the track was being put together. Chris said it was nice, but I haven't been there myself.
Phil and I talked about going up there to check it out. If you go, let me know how it is and if it's worth the drive or not.

According to the website they are going to have races this year.

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
I'm still over in Iraq. I told my son about the place. He'll be looking it over this weekend since he'll be with my wife for Easter.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
I know the guy that owns the Muskegon Sandbox. Nice fella. Hes an older guy. He made the track for his grandkids to practice on for racing at Big Air. I guess it just grew from there. Seemed like a really nice fella from what I could tell. He didn't even seem all that put out when Digger made a really aggressive block pass on his grandson and fractured his leg. He was just like Ehhhh its racing...Its gonna happen.

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
There are 2 "Sandbox" tracks. The track refered to in the original post is on Putnam Road North of Muskegon. It's a good pratice track and close to my house. Tracie was refering to my post on mxreplay com.

The other "Sandbox" track is over by Saginaw. It was a really good track. However, the day I was there last November it was a zoo. There were a lot of people on the track. That would have been ok, however many of them were riding reckless and the flaggers were not paying attention at all. I fell in a corner just after the landing of a big step up. I had people almost hitting me while I was trying to get the bike out of the track to start it back up. All the time, I was yelling at the flagger to start flagging. I finally got it out of there.

Minutes later, a buddy got landed on in the exact spot and has been out of commision since then. His hand was basically shattered. He'll be able to ride again this year but it was a sucky winter with having surgery and rehab due to some retard jumping the triple step up right behind him just doubling it.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Hey Chris, didn't know you were on here too!

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Last edited:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
Phil is trying in 250C. I won't have anything to do with it as long as pro women are allowed to race in an AMATEUR national....but that's another discussion...

I'm not good enough to qualify anyway. I'll just keep doing what makes me happy...riding, racing and having fun

ChrisKring

Jun 20, 2006
MXGirl230 said:
Phil is trying in 250C. I won't have anything to do with it as long as pro women are allowed to race in an AMATEUR national....but that's another discussion...

I'm not good enough to qualify anyway. I'll just keep doing what makes me happy...riding, racing and having fun

How many girls typically show up for the local qualifier? I would think you would be fast enough to at least race.

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
ChrisKring said:
How many girls typically show up for the local qualifier? I would think you would be fast enough to at least race.

Acutally...quite a few.

Yeah I could race, I don't know though. We'll see

Top Bottom