BEEF706

Sponsoring Member
Jan 24, 2002
I've been using it for a while, and I am pretty happy with it. I wash mine in the sink (when the wife's not looking) and it cleans ond lubes pretty good. I don't use the sealing grease but the rest of the kit is very useful. I havent tried it in the washing machine though!

nikki

Moto Junkie
Apr 21, 2000
We've been using No-Toil for a while (on a YZ 125 and 426 - racing MX). We have been VERY happy with the No-Toil system. Our filters still look like brand new after a wash... it's pretty amazing! No dirt in the carbs, either.

We wash the filters in a bucket with hot water and the No-Toil cleaner twice. Once to get the initial dirt and grime out. Then a clean batch of water/No-Toil for the finishing touch. Haven't tried the wash machine yet. Excellent stuff.

A little warning - DO NOT use No-Toil on Uni filters. The glue in the Uni filters will break down from the cleaner. Might as well use No-Toil filters - they are made for the stuff, smiliar to a Twin Air, and very durable and strong. You can use No-Toil on Twin Air and White Bros. filters, too - but it works best with No-Toil's.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Great stuff. I just started using it this year and am very pleased. The best part is no more smelly gas or kerosene :)

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
search for No Toil in this forum.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
good stuff indeed, I've been using it since it first came out. Never had a problem with dirt getting into the air boot or filter, and it's really tacky stuff. The spray oil is the way to go, just spray the filter and squeeze it to get it through the filter. Tip, use rubber gloves for the entire process, the oil doesn't like to wash off with normal soap and water, you'll need to take a bit of the cleaner and wash your hands with it.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Nikki uttered this pearl of wisdom:
DO NOT use No-Toil on Uni filters.
There should be about 8 exclamation points after that! Bad hooey on the Uni-filters. Stick with the No-Toil filter. Haven't tried the WB or Twin-Air yet.

And the wash machine works great! :) (just don't tell the wife! :eek: )

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
I like it and it works great for me, but I do have to say that my Twin-Air filter is coming apart after the third washing. No problems with the No-Toil filters though. They still look brand new. :aj:

Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
So its ok to use No-toil oil and cleaner on twin air filters? Cause I'm interested in the stuff but don't want to buy new filters.

Matt

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
Originally posted by Matt_H
So its ok to use No-toil oil and cleaner on twin air filters? Cause I'm interested in the stuff but don't want to buy new filters.

Matt
I don't know for sure if it was the No-Toil that caused my Twin-Air to start coming apart or not, but that is all that I have used on it. I like the No-Toil enough that I will not quit using it and am going to buy another Twin-Air and hopefully will not have the same problem. I just can't say yet from my own experience that it did or did not damage the glue on the filter.

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Originally posted by Matt_H

Matt
Been using for about 2 years also and love the products. when I 1st started using it they came with an air filter but I think it was a promotional. I also heard that they will send you one for free if you ask, I just never asked.

High Desert XR400

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2000
I have been using the oil and filters for two years and have had great results.
The clean up is the best part, I use the kitchen sink. If you can afford it, get two or more filters and then you can wash them all at once and always have a clean one to use. I do not oil them until I am ready to put it on the bike. And make sure that you shake the jug of filter oil very well before you apply it to the filter.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Originally posted by High Desert XR400
...If you can afford it, get two or more filters and then you can wash them all at once and always have a clean one to use...
You can wash several filters with one measure of cleaner too. It really saves on the cleaner and the filters get just as clean. Of coures it will depend on how dirty they are before you wash them ;)

BRush

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2000
I've been using it with Twin-Air filters for about a year now. They are holding up fine.

One thing you can do to stretch the cleaner is to use one scoop cleaner and one scoop Tide or some other laundry detergent.

KiDX

Sponsoring Member
Mar 30, 2001
No-toil warranties all filters. If you have one that's falling apart, they'll send you a new no-toil filter.

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
KiDX

Do you know of a website for No-Toil. I read or heard that somewhere and wanted to check them out and see what they said about my Twin-Air coming apart. I just haven't gotten real motivated to do cuz I have about 6 No-Toil filters that are all in good shape.

Thanks,
Motohead00

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
This was from a post before from the No-Toil guys on here. His DRN name is No-Toil Guy. Just do a search and you will find plent of info:

http://dirtrider.net/forums3/showth...?threadid=28893

No-Toil products
Thanks for all of the great comments about No-Toil products. We truly believe that we manufacture the world's greatest air filtration products. Let me give a little history and clear up any misconceptions.
First of all, we are all a bunch of riders who just got tired of cleaning filters in gasoline/solvent with no where to dump the waste. We just wanted to clean our dirty filters in our sink, but we have a septic tank so it had to be biodegradable. So, we did it. We invented a biodegradable air filter oil. It was just for our personal use, but we gave some to friends and they liked it so much we made more and more until someone offered to buy it from us. So, we bottled it and started selling it. We took it to an independent dyno test and it tested better for air flow than any petroleum based air filter oil. Cycle World magazine gave us a great review and they did their own dyno and also got more horsepower (Nov.99)
Our air filter oil is red and should be saturated throughout the filter. The alcohol will then evaporate out leaving a sticky, tacky oil that doesn't look anything like the others (which makes some people nervous). We have had particle flow test done and we catch all the dust and dirt and sand that is thrown at it for worryless riding. Be careful not to spray wash your bike with a dirty filter on it because you could send dirt on through (with any kind of oil for that matter). Not because water removes the oil, but due to the pressure of the water if hit directly. Water WILL NOT remove the oil. If you don't believe, put oil on your hands, and try to remove with water alone. Cleaning the dirty filter is the best. One gallon of warm water and 2 ounces of No-Toil soap cleaner and the filter will look brand new in 30 seconds. Or, if you don't want to deal with the cleaning, through filters in your wash machine. No matter where you wash, there is no harm to sink or machine, no grime, no mess, no gas smell.
When a bottle of oil is left standing, the color will separate. There are 2 kinds of food color. One that will separate and not stain the filter or one that will not separate but will forever stain the filter. We chose the former: separates but doesn't stain filter. Just shake bottle and you'll be fine.
Competing filters: It was unfortunate to find out (the hard way) that UNI filters come apart when using our oil. The glue UNI uses does not stand up to the alcohol in our oil. We would like them to make a better filter and have given them the name of our glue. You can guess where they told us to put it. No-Toil, Twin Air, Moose and DT1 filters are very well built and will not come apart. If you should have any brand filter come apart from using No-Toil, we will replace it for free with one that won't come apart.
Rim grease problem: Our initial rim grease did harden on the air box and filter rim if left on for a long time. We now have a new rim grease (1 year now) that WILL NOT harden. The color is a snot green/brown. The old red or blue rim grease might harden.
We are interested in providing great products to riders. We sell No-Toil around the world. We were "product of the year" in the USA and "product of the decade" in Australia. If you haven't tried the oil and would like a 1-time use sample, give me a call.
If you have any questions or comments, you can email me at scott@notoil.com or call me toll free at 877-668-6451 or visit our website at www.notoil.com. I have sold many products in my life and I've never been able to stand behind a product as much as No-Toil.

Scott
The "No-Toil Guy"

Anyway, I cut and pasted it here for your information!
Motohead00

Moteaux

Professional Mud Tester
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 30, 2001
I sent No-Toil an email today about my Twin Air filter coming apart. Scott called me less than two hours later at home!!! :aj: :aj: :aj: He and I talked for a while and he is sending me a new filter free of charge!

The guys are great and have a great product!!! Another A+ in my book for them!

Motohead00

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
I had one of my no-toil filters start to come apart a little after a full years use and no-toil replaced it for free (took me at my word). I just purchased two more filters (4 total now) from Onoffroad.com for 24.99 each (filter kit AND filter). Apparently, they are doing a promotion to advertise their site and they are taking the loss.

Michelle

Sponsoring Member
Oct 26, 1999
Just to let you know, the filters go fine in the washing machine. We'll usually wash about 6 or so each time, with some washing powder & the cleaner. Been using it for probably over 2 years, had some of that crappy rim grease which ruined quite a few filters (still usable just it didn't come out properly, but they've changed the formula). No longer use the rim grease as we've got sealers on the air boxes now (can't remember the brand).
Oh, and we use all sorts of brands for air filters.
Michelle

Top Bottom