oil leak from clutch lever on the case....questions..

rxraptor02

Aug 7, 2004
hello all....

I have a small oil leak and I think that I have the correct items found that will fix my problem. but before i buy anything I wanted to ask if I had the correct items.

here is my probem...

I have a small amount of oil leaking out of the case where the Clutch lever goes into the case.

parts needed? correct?
92049-1262 oil seal
92046-1230 bearing-needle
11009-1939 clutch cover gasket

I have a 1994 kdx E6

any help would be great I dont want to order the wrong parts

thanks
-Jim

jdbrusch

~SPONSOR~
Nov 11, 2001
A common cause for this leak is the spring wearing a groove in the clutch shaft itself.If the engine is still together take a look at the clutch shaft just as it enters the seal,the spring usually sits at a angle and rubs a groove into the shaft.
The seal will have to be replaced and the shaft either repaired(brazing etc) or replaced,The bearing usually is ok but check,to prevent this from happening again just place a washer in between the spring and the seal,I think its about a 1/2" id washer ,My 02 came with a washer in place from the factory,not sure when they started to install them.

rxraptor02

Aug 7, 2004
thanks for the tip about adding a washer to protect the seal.

I will just replace everything. having new parts in it will mean less worry in the future. heck I might put a new clutch in as well since I will have the side cover off.

Top Bottom