KC10Chief

Oct 10, 2004
Okay, I've got some serious dirtbike fever now. I was planning on waiting to get one until spring, but it's looking like it might just be a week or two. Anyways, how many places are there to ride in Oklahoma? The only places I know of are the trails out by Draper and the MX track right off I-35 at the Stillwater exit. Is there a website that lists trails or places to ride? Also, is there a dirtbike "mecca" anywhere in the country? I know with mountain biking, the hot spot seems to be Moab in Utah, and western Colorado. Thanks! Matt

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
KC, There is (or was) a MX track at 59th and Douglas just east of Tinker. You can ride 3 MX tracks and 1 set of trails in Stillwater, I ride in the rocks in SE Oklahoma (Not suggested for beginners), and trails outside of Muenster TX.

It looks like mountain bikes and dirtbikes share riding areas... Moab is supposed to be awesome, I spent 2 days riding in Lake City CO (south of Gunnison) and one day riding Taylor Park CO (north of Gunnison). There is also supposed to be some great riding in West Virginia. So there is really NO where you can go that there is not something to do.

If you think the bug has you know wait until you ride.....

VioletSP

Dec 16, 2001
There's Cooperland in Stillwater which is motorcross. Also there are 500 acres of trail near Stillwater (called The 500- go figure). There is also a motorcross track at the 500 but it isnt well taken care of and likes to chew on riders.

Midhigh

~SPONSOR~
Jul 19, 2002
IMO

Stillwater: Cooperland is the place to ride. Awesome MX track, kids MX track, pit bike track & trails
500 for trails
just keep driving past the MX track at I-35 and hwy. 51

OKC: Draper lake for trails
Motorcycle Raceway - 59th & Douglas MX track

Wellston: Sooner State Cycle Park - 2 MX tracks & Trails

Blanchard: Moto City Raceway - MX track

Anadarko: Woodland hills offroad park - MX track & Trails

Duncan: MX track & trails

Cooperland has the best MX track
I like the trails at Wellston and Anadarko

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
As far as Okla. is concerned, just post where and when you can make an area, I bet someone will be able to meet you there for a tour.

Top Bottom