High Desert XR400

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2000
Are there any Oregon riders out there who would like to get together and do some riding this season? We try to get out and ride every weekend and are looking for new places to check out.

Post any events or Offroad areas that are worth checking out.

Oregon Spodefest? Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for a annual get together?
:D

Last edited:

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
#24 SunFlower sounds allright, 37,000 acres should hold a few bikes:scream:

Keith M

Oct 14, 2001
I want to ride allot this year just got my bike about three weeks ago and rode it one time over by bend, fifty miles, I think us here in Oregon & Washington can find a good spot to ride? Lets Ride!
Keith.

High Desert XR400

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2000
Whew... Thats better, I knew there had to be some Oregon riders out there some where.:silly: Thanks for the replies!

BigBore: Both of those are great links. Check this one out if you haven't seen it already, it covers most of the Central Oregon area. Check out current conditions for the differnt areas and updates.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/centraloregon/index-cohvops.html
I don't think that I will make it over to the MayDay PR. I am planning to run the Moonshine Harescrambles the weekend before that and I'll need to rest. I have done it the past two years and it's a blast, great single track.

bsmith: That does sound like a good area, beautiful country up there. I would like to check it out.

Keith M: I remember seeing your post about a month ago saying that you were coming over this way. Where did you end up riding? It should have been pretty good a few weeks ago, its starting to get little dusty overhere now, but still good riding. How do you like the new bike?

I think that COMAC is trying to organize a Poker Run out at East Fort Rock on Saturday May 11. I will keep everyone posted as I hear anything. They did a good job last year and there is plently of room to camp if you want too.;)

Johnrock

Jul 27, 1999
Beaverton, OR
I've ridden Henderson Flats, Christmas Valley Dunes, and a little of East Fort Rock, that place is huge! HD XR400, have you ridden the Edison Butte system yet? It looks good on paper, been wanting to check it out but always run out of weekend. :cool:

That Poker run at EFR sounds good if it gets scheduled.

Haven't ridden much this winter, sure wish the rain would let up just a little bit. :mad:

If anyonei is interested in any events west of the mountains http://www.trailsmen.org/calendar.htm has a schedule of some upcoming events, the first of which has been rained out until April 17. :ugg:

Sage

dirtbike riding roadracer
Mar 28, 2001
Hey XR, how are you doing after the crash? Kevin said you broke your helmet! :scream:

"have you ridden the Edison Butte system yet?" Yes, the place rocks, can't wait for the snow to melt, big lake is also a pretty good spot later in the season when the snow melts.

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
Hi fellas, I'll be doing the Timber Mountain HS in Jacksonville on April 13/14, the Moonshine on the 28th. ETRA is having a club ride at EFR in two weeks, March 30/31. I would like to get up to Tillamook as soon as possible.

Keith M

Oct 14, 2001
High Desert XR400, I went to Fort Rock with a guy I met on Holeshots board, I did 50 miles got tired and thay went allot more, we hit snow and ice, that is no fun! I love the bike! I got faster as the day went on, I'm up for riding just about any time! Keith.

High Desert XR400

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2000
Hello everyone,

Hey Sage how's it going? Yes I went down pretty hard. I found out the hard way that the junipers and lava rock always win.:confused: Kevin and I went out to Cline last Sunday and did a fifty miler, his bike seems to be running good. I still need to get mine in to have you work on the suspenders.

I agree with Sage, the Edison Butte is a lot of fun. There is great single track and two track course down the hill below Edison, that is called the "Frost Bite" trail.

Johnrock: It's been great riding over here all winter and is even starting to get dusty. Have you ever done the Teepee run up at McCubbins Gulch, put on by Mt. Scott MC? I went last year and had a great weekend.

endoquest: I have heard the Timber Mt. HS is a great race. When is a good time of the year to go to the Tillamook area, when it's not too wet? East Fort Rock should be good on the 30 & 31.

:D

Thumpertdc

Feb 25, 2002
From my experience with the Tillamook forest (Browns Camp area), its still gonna be muddy come July, Last time I was up there it was in late December before all of the snow. There is going to be a Poker run up there on april 7th I believe, but it is mainly going to be over the road, only very few trails on this one.

I was wondering if anyone has done osme riding in the Trask/ Flying M area? I hear that is a great place to ride. Dirt rider magizine rated it I think #4 in its top 10 places to ride.

Tony

Rapids

Jul 24, 2001
Bonehead, we gotta get up to Tillamook soon. I'll be ready as soon as I get my bike UN-SEIZED :ugg: . Marshall showed me the pictures of your 520 in the tree, classic Bonehead move!

M

MotoFamilia

We Ride Too

Hey Yall: I'm not registered w/ this forum yet but I guess I should be. I've been to East Fort Rock a few times and would love to check out the poker run. I have a few bros. that I ride w/ and also ride w/ the family (6 yr. old, 8 yr. old & wife)

Hope to get more ridding in this summer. The time is now, if I can pry myself off my new skiis that is :+)

Bill
KTM 525

Top Bottom