Burtonridr250

Dec 11, 2004
I was wondering what kinda prices people have gotten there 05' YZ250's for OTD. I just talked my local dealer down to 6000 OTD. I still think I can do much better. I will be paying with straight cash, and I know how most dealers love dealing with cash.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Burtonridr250

Dec 11, 2004
That's weird. I don't know how that got in my profile. Strange..... anyways, I am located in Chicago.

If that's a good price, looks like I am getting a bike soon.

Thanks.

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
I'm picking up an '05 yz250 this weekend from a friend that's a salesman. He said they buy the bikes for $5,300. He's selling it to me for $5,500 OTD but that it with my brother in law comming to get it so it's technically an out of state price. Sales tax in NY is 8.75% which would be $480 so if you can get it for $6k, then your basically getting the bike for cost and the dealer is charging you tax, setup, shipping and all the other BS costs that a dealer adds on to a bike.

For what it's worth, when I went looking at other '05 bikes(kx250, rm250, 250sx, cr250) the dealers were asking for $6,300-$6,500 OTD before really haggling them.

Someone

Mar 12, 2001
I got mine very soon after they were available, and paid $6200 OTD. It was either buy now or get back on the waiting list, so I bought.

James980

Dec 29, 1999
Burtonridr250 said:
I was wondering what kinda prices people have gotten there 05' YZ250's for OTD. I just talked my local dealer down to 6000 OTD. I still think I can do much better. I will be paying with straight cash, and I know how most dealers love dealing with cash.

Try Chicago Cycle Center and/or Highlands Yamaha.

A buddy went to buy a bike from a dealer in Ohio once and they said him it would be *more* if he paid in cash because they couldn't stick it to him on the finance side -- at least the salesman was honest about it.

Erick82

~SPONSOR~
Aug 30, 2002
That sounds pretty good for a new current year model. I would also say try Chicago Cycle Center, they always seem to advertise bikes dirt cheap.

Burtonridr250

Dec 11, 2004
bikeryz said:
OTD - $5,600 - 0% for 1 year on the Yamaha Card. Hell of a deal.

P.S. The bike is fun and easier to ride than my 03 CRF450.

Yeah, but like one other member stated, don't they rip your ass off with interest and that other crap?

I got my dealer to 5900$ OTD, they are ordering one, they said it will be in the next couple weeks.

Thanks for the help.

Casper250

Motosapien
Dec 12, 2000
The yamaha card is just like a credit card from what I understand. If you have good credit you can play the interest game and pay 0% by switching from one card to another. I'm putting my bike on my credit card then switching it over to a 0% offer. I have one credit card that offered 0% until you pay off the balance. I'm going to try to get it again but lately all they have been offering is 0% for one year. When I financed my last bike, a Honda, it was through Honda Financial and was "real" loan where I had to keep insurance on the bike and the interest was 7%. Going the credit card route saves you the cost of insurance. It was $200 for the year on my last bike for the insurance.

As for the yamaha card, the guy i'm buying the bike from told me the loan is 0% for the first year and then goes up to 9.99% after that year. I'm not sure if it's different state to state or person to person depending on your credit.

jimyz

Nov 9, 2000
Read the fine print at the bottom of the finance agreement. Some qualify for different interest rates after the promo terminates when the 12 month period is up. This ranges from 9.99 to 24.99 percent. The interest will accumulate at that rate you are given if you do not pay the bike off at the end of the promo. I was drawn in for the 0 down 0 payment, and 0 finance for 12 months, their $ free for one year, but treat it like any other credit card, pay the balance when due to avoid finance charges. I plan on paying the bike in full December this year. This also gives me time to sell my current bike.

Burtonridr250

Dec 11, 2004
That website looks nice, however, I don't like the idea of spending that much money over the internet. Also, it says the bikes dont come with a warrenty.

bikeryz

Jan 5, 2005
I figure if you can use someone else's money at no cost(0 interest) why not. I don't finance bikes I usually pay cash. With the 0% interest deal you get to keep your money for one year and pay it off over 12 months. This also gives me time to sell my 03 crf450 in the spring for more money as there is 6 inches of snow in Denver. However, I hope to ride by Sunday. It will be in the 50's. Happy Riding.

Britt Boyette

Aug 16, 2004
Be careful with those Credit Cards folks, they can bite you really hard if your not on the ball. Most of the current offers that your seeing now aren't too bad IF... If you don't pay on time, your interest rate will go up. It only takes once time being late too at which time it could go over 24% on some plans. If you decide to use your 3.99% for 24 months then, 6.99% until balance is paid off card to buy something else you forgot to buy, say a stand or something a day or two later, they will charge you 17-24% for the above and beyon balance. That means you pay two interest rates and have two balances with the same card.
They way to make it work is if you have a 0% interest rate for 12 months, pay it down as much as you possibly can before the rates increase, that way they can't slam you as hard on the balance. Also, be careful transfering balances to 0% credit card plans as they do charge a fee, sometimes as much as 4%.

Bottom line, read the fine print and do your homework. Those lowball offers work best for people who do a refinance or a 2nd morgage of thier home before the higher interest rate hits. Then you can write off the interest for your taxes.

Britt

J.Gordon

Jul 26, 2004
Check out International Motorcycle Brokers had the 05 yz250 in the crate in two days impressive. Registration was another story. Would I do it again definately. Came with extra topend and gasket kit, Manual for $5599

Burtonridr250

Dec 11, 2004
Really. 5600$. Do they ship it to major cities? I talked my dealer down (pro source) to 5900. Do you think its worth going with IMB?

CRspode

May 6, 2001
My local retarded dealer quoted me $6800 OTD and wouldn't budge. This was in early December and Yamaha had an offer till the end of the year for no interest, no payments or down payment for all of 05. I pulled up with an empty trailer, drooled all over the bike, applied for the Yamaha card right there, got a $15k limit within a minute or two and the retard still wouldn't budge. If he would have got it closer to $6k, I would have loaded it on the trailer right there. Now since that financing deal is over, I'm going to consider other colors out there like the SX, KX or possibly CR or RM. Basically all of the 05 250's are nice so it's going to come down to deal for me.

Scott

Satch0922

Aug 30, 2003
I bought mine from Extreme yamaha in Ohio for $5263. I had my own deal on a shipper but they were willing to do it for $200 or so. Call Kevin Marchbank at 1-800-646-7642 .....I had a very good buy experience.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
RockRiver Motorsports hooks it up just west of Milwaukee. $5,300 OTD for a '04 YZ450 a year ago.

Top Bottom